Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I get Jon00 Bluetooth devices repopulated?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I get Jon00 Bluetooth devices repopulated?

So my machine went a little haywire, and I'm in a state that I'm not sure how to get out of.. basically I have the Jon00 Bluetooth system tray icon which sees my wife and my iPhones without any problem. But I have no Jon00 Bluetooth devices in HS. I'd like to remove and re-install the Jon00 Bluetooth stack, but am unsure if this is just 'delete everything that starts with xxx' and re-install, or what? How does HS2 know to add the devices back to the device list?

Any assistance is appreciated! I've searched but for some reason am not finding a simple uninstall/reinstall procedure.

Thanks!
    Adam

This may sound flippant but removal is just a reversal of the installation instructions!

I don't think it is necessary to uninstall, just check that all the files are all in place.

Your issue may be that your HS PC has a new IP address and you will therefore need to change the hostadd setting in the client HSSettings.txt
    Jon

Comment

So I did remove the files, pull a fresh download from your site (just in case!) and re-place them. I'm just trying to figure out what process inserts the Bluetooth devices into HS2 I guess. I had gone and removed the individual devices + the main device that lists all BT detected devices and can't seem to get it back. I'll go check the settings, IP, etc and see if that's what I'm missing. Thanks for the prompt reply! I loved this plugin for a good while now, and my wife misses her favorite music coming on when she comes in from work!

(and when the wife actually LIKES something related to your home automation setup, you gotta keep it working!)

Comment

Yep. I had purchased and installed a new router and reworked my entire home networking system. Had no idea it was dependant on the IP address of the machine like that. Fixed that, redetected my iPhone 5 and everything looks like it's back to perfect. Thanks again for your prompt assist!

Adam

Comment

Working...
        X