No announcement yet.

Jon00 Performance Monitor V2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you running HS3 or HS4 with this error?

Does this show only once or each time the metrics update?

What metric are you trying to use for the High value restart?
    Jon

Comment

HS3 - It looks like it writes the error when the Homeseer CPU Usage crosses the HighvalueTrigger which is set at 50.0 (the HighValueReset is 5.0)

Comment

No, triggering is within a completely different routine and is shared across all metrics.

If you only see that error message occasionally then that appears to be a glitch when the plugin reads Windows performance counters.

Triggering will only happen if the high value is above the average value but that depends on your Averagerange setting. This should be set to 1 if you want it to immediately trigger when your CPU reaches over 50%
        Jon

Comment

The High value trigger doesn't seem to be triggering - can you have a look at the section of the INI and advise?

[Homeseer CPU Usage]
          Enabled=1
          Devicename=Homeseer CPU Usage
          Graphbgcolor=#5e697a
          Graphgif=white.gif
          Showlowhighvalues=1
          Showaveragevalue=1
          Averagerange=3
          Highvaluetrigger=50.0
          Highvaluereset=5.0
          Runeventhigh=not set
          Runscripthigh=not set
          Reboothigh=0
          Restarthigh=1
          Lowvaluetrigger=-99999
          Lowvaluereset=-1
          Runeventlow=not set
          Runscriptlow=not set
          Rebootlow=0
          Restartlow=0
          Logging=1
          Markerheight=30
          Markerduration=0
          Markerimagefile=white.gif
          Markertype=1
          Graphheight=30
          Graphsamplesize=150
          Heightspacer=5
          Hsstartmarker=1
          Showaveragesessionvalue=0
          Hsstartimagefile=blackwhite.gif

Cheers
          Scott

Comment

Yes, It's intermittent
            Attached Files

Comment

So try:

Averagerange=1
              Highvaluetrigger=50
              Highvaluereset=40
              Jon

Comment

That seems to have done it - thank you!!

Quick question - can you recommend a way of monitoring so that the reboot only happens if the CPU has been above a threshold for more than, say, 5 minutes?

Cheers
                Scott

Comment

Just change the AverageRange value. If you change it to 2 or 3, it will need to be over 50% over 2 to 3 passes. The current setting of 1 is instant.
                  Jon

Comment

Ah, the penny has just dropped. Thank you!!

Comment

Jon, Here are a couple of clips of my system performance monitor. One is from 0905 and the other at 1340 in the afternoon. At 0330 every day I do a restart. I've been doing this scheduled restart for many years as I found that if I don't, I would start having problems. Do these charts look typical of an HS3 system or do you see something that could be causing problems, like the build up of handles?
                      Attached Files

Comment

Yes, looks very similar to mine.

HomeSeer has always had a handle leak (HS2, HS3 & HS4). https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...-crashes/page2
                        Jon

Comment

Ok. I run a lot of vb.net scripts. I assume that they are assigned a handle. Is there code that I should use to release the handles?

Comment

Originally posted by noopara View Post
                            Ok. I run a lot of vb.net scripts. I assume that they are assigned a handle. Is there code that I should use to release the handles?
                            Nothing you can do as it is all internal to HomeSeer. Just keep rebooting to keep it under control.
                            Jon

Comment

I loaded up the performance monitor to try and everything loaded fine but it does not loop, when I start the exe file, it will update once and not again.
                              I tried restarting HS4 but the same thing happened. I must have some setting wrong.
                              Any ideas?​

Comment

It only updates every 5 minutes. Do you see something in the HS Log on startup stating something like waiting for 5 minute duration?
                                Jon

Comment

Working...
                                X