Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jon00 Philips Hue Wi-Fi Lamp Controller

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Jon00 Philips Hue Wi-Fi Lamp Controller


    This is now EOL and no longer available.

    Attached Files
    Last edited by jon00; June 5, 2014, 12:38 PM.
    Jon


    #2
    Works a charm!

    Awesome!
    Installation was a breeze. Everything working so far.

    I need to read up on the Command Strings and examples

    Great documentation!!

    Thanks

    DSteiNeuro
    DSteiNeuro

    HS3Pro

    MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

    Enabled Plug-Ins
    BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

    Comment


      #3
      Thanks,

      If you come up with any interesting command strings, please post!
      Jon

      Comment


        #4
        Great script!

        One question.. The devices created do not seem to work with the
        &hs.ExecX10 "H1","ON"
        command..

        I use this to control my lights using my IR remote (IRTrans) which toggles and event that executes
        &hs.ExecX10 "H1",hs.StringItem(",OFF,ON",hs.DeviceStatus("H1"),"," )
        (i.e. based on the device-status it executes OFF or ON)
        &hs.ExecX10 "H1","ON")
        does not work.

        What's the best way to toggle a Hue light?

        DJ

        Comment


          #5
          Another question: when I manually change the names of the auto-created lamp devices, buttons are added

          Right now they are called "Hue Lamp 1/2/3/etc"
          I would like to give them custom names that match the actual device ID's assigned (H8,H9,etc.)
          Attached Files

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by DJF3 View Post
            Great script!

            One question.. The devices created do not seem to work with the
            &hs.ExecX10 "H1","ON"
            command..

            I use this to control my lights using my IR remote (IRTrans) which toggles and event that executes
            &hs.ExecX10 "H1",hs.StringItem(",OFF,ON",hs.DeviceStatus("H1"),"," )
            (i.e. based on the device-status it executes OFF or ON)
            &hs.ExecX10 "H1","ON")
            does not work.

            What's the best way to toggle a Hue light?

            DJ
            This is an unmanaged plugin so has no tight integration with Homeseer. In addition, it would be very difficult to decide what 'On' is, white, coloured etc.

            To toggle white 3000K you could use:

            &If hs.DeviceStatus("H1")<>3 then hs.SaveVar "Jon00PH","(1,0,0)" else hs.SaveVar "Jon00PH","(1,0,1,255,,,,3000)" end if
            Jon

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by DJF3 View Post
              Another question: when I manually change the names of the auto-created lamp devices, buttons are added

              Right now they are called "Hue Lamp 1/2/3/etc"
              I would like to give them custom names that match the actual device ID's assigned (H8,H9,etc.)
              The device names are generated by the text stored in the bridge per lamp which you can change via the Iphone/ipad app. You will have to delete the devices and let them be recreated again once changed
              Jon

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by DJF3 View Post
                Another question: when I manually change the names of the auto-created lamp devices, buttons are added

                Right now they are called "Hue Lamp 1/2/3/etc"
                I would like to give them custom names that match the actual device ID's assigned (H8,H9,etc.)
                Ok, I just found a silly mistake which luckily is just in the small script rather than the main client.
                Last edited by jon00; March 10, 2013, 03:09 PM.
                Jon

                Comment


                  #9
                  Thank you!
                  The updated code works and the name as configured in meethue.com/mobile client is being used.
                  Thanks for the toggle script.. Never thought of using an IF in the run script section of an event.
                  I just toggle the lights: (1,0,0) and (1,0,1)
                  Cheers
                  DJ

                  Comment


                    #10
                    A couple of bugs have been found and rectified in V1.0.2:

                    Corrected error with being unable to change virtual device names.
                    Internationalisation text issue corrected.
                    Corrected error when using multiple lamps in a preset triggered by a Homeseer event.
                    Jon

                    Comment


                      #11
                      V1.0.3 released:

                      Corrected issue with plugin not reconnecting with Homeseer if communication lost.
                      Added automatic restore of current animation if communication with Homeseer is lost and then restored.
                      Jon

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Great!
                        Jon is there a way for Hue Brigde (Hence your plugin) to know if a bulb has power or not?

                        Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                        V1.0.3 released:

                        Corrected issue with plugin not reconnecting with Homeseer if communication lost.
                        Added automatic restore of current animation if communication with Homeseer is lost and then restored.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Jakob.Sand View Post
                          Great!
                          Jon is there a way for Hue Brigde (Hence your plugin) to know if a bulb has power or not?
                          No not at the moment. I believe Philips will be putting in a patch soon which will enable this functionality. As soon as this is done, I'll update mine.

                          If you look at the [Lamp1data] etc, you will see reachable=true. This always states true at the moment and this is what Philips need to patch.
                          Jon

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Jon

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Add brightness to lamps?

                              Hi,

                              Thought that I read somewhere that you can 'add brightness' to a lamp.
                              Something like hs.SaveVar "Jon00PH","(4,0,1,+50,,,5,2500,,,)"
                              where it would increase the brightness from 100 to 150 (+50).

                              is that possible or is the 'wishlist' part of my brain now completely in charge?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X