Jon00bluehs.exe won't start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jon00bluehs.exe won't start

I've searched these threads and can't find anything similar. Hopefully I'm not duplicating anything.

I've followed all the directions (on review I can't find anything that deviates). When I try to run jon00bluehs.exe I immediatly get a pop-up saying "jon00bluehs has stopped working"

Any help would be appreciated. Anyone using Rockfish dongles successfully? Anyone else every seen this problem?

Here is info on my setup (sorry for the long post but maybe I can reduce the number of round trips).

* In the Jon00BluetoothV2.ini file I set (and only set) the 2 DeviceCodes
    * I am running the client on another PC (installed at C:\Jon00Blue) and not on the HS PC at all.
    * The client PC is running Vista 64 bit
    * On the Client PC, SettingsHS.TXT was setup per the instructions. I've copied and pasted the IP address into a browser just to make sure.
    * The Bluetooth dongle is a Rocketfish. When I plugged it in it was detected and configured (I didn't install any drivers that came with it). However, there was a bluetooth icon in the tool tray. This loads the bluetooth applet from the control panel.
    * In the device manager, I see 2 bluetooth devices [Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network), Bluetooth Device (RFCOMM Protocol TDI)]. Microsoft is the publisher of both
    * Initially, when I tried to run Jon00BlueHS, Norton removed it due to suspicious activity. I trusted it and it was then allowed to run
    * I've tried running as adminstrator and in XP service pack 2 compatiability mode without any luck.

Other evidence or lack therof
    * Nothing in the windows event logs
    * The password never gets encrypted in Settings.txt so it never gets that far

Thanks

FYI, Just for grins I tried on my HS PC which is running XP Service pack 3. It did not recognize the dongle so I used the recommended program to force use of the MS Stack which seemed to work. In Device manager, I got the same 2 bluetooth entries. However, it still didn't run. This time, I got the pop-up box to send a report to microsoft.

However, I did find an entry in the event log included here:

"Windows cannot store Bluetooth link keys on the local transceiver because it cannot determine whether proper security is enabled for the device.
    "

Anybody have any ideas? It is starting to look like the rocketfish adapter.

Thanks again.

Comment

One last try. Loaded on wife's laptop with the same result. Windows 7, detected and installed MS stack.

bummer.

Comment

With bluetooth devices, did you check device manager to see if the dongle was correctly loaded?

Also, please confirm that you copied the Homeseer dll's to the client directory.
        Jon

Comment

Thank you he said sheepishly. I don't know how I could have read that so many times and missed the homeseer dlls.

Now that I've copied them, I get further but I get the following in the log files. I've verified that Jon00BluetoothV2.vben is in the Scripts directory.

3/17/2013 9:23:43 AM Error Compiling script code: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
          3/17/2013 9:23:43 AM Error Initializing script engine: Couldn't add Assembly
          3/17/2013 9:23:43 AM Jon00 Blue Connected (192.168.1.11) - Client
          13/17/2013 9:23:42 AM Network Remote client connected from: 192.168.1.11

Comment

Have you defined the ClientNo=1 in SettingsHS.txt (in the client directory)?
            Jon

Comment

Jon,

I did set that in the file. Here are the contents.

username=paul
              password=$*!|LVxn8GBcjw1qFHhtjSoYIg==
              hostadd=192.168.1.117
              hsscript=Jon00Bluetoothv2.vben
              ClientNo=1

Comment

BTW, the 1 was missing from the client because I accidently deleted it when I was putting line feeds in from the cut/paste of the log.

Comment

What version of Homeseer are you running?
                  Jon

Comment

Standard Edition 2.5.0.52

Comment

At the moment I am at a loss. I did a search for that error and got one hit back which related to an old version of Homeseer.
                      Jon

Comment

I don't think it is anything to do with your scripts. Something has taken my system down hard. I tried to restart HS and everything went south quickly. I'm in the process of going back to a restore point. Hopefully that will get me back up and running (the PC at least, then I can look at HS).

Comment

OK, restored my machine and cleaned up a couple of things that I lost and tried Bluetooth again. This time, everything in the log file showed up exactly as described in the documentation. However, I never see the Jon00 Bluetooth location. I double checked the INI file and I set both device codes.

I'll look through the postings. I think I might have seen this one before.

Comment

Please download the latest version which should resolve this.
                            Jon

Comment

OK, downloaded and reinstalled and that seems to have fixed things (a little surpised since I downloaded it the first time this weekend but pleased nonetheless). I did have to put the first device string into the INI before anything would show up in the discovery node but now it seems spot on.

A very nice piece of work.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X