Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jon00 WiFi LED Lamp Controller (Limitless MiLight EasyBulb)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

I just ordered 7 limitless Bulbs (RGBW) with the new V3 bridge. I am also ready to help adapting and debuging the plugin for V3 if you need.

Thanks,
    Cyril.
    Last edited by rycil; November 3, 2013, 02:38 PM.

Comment

How are the new Limitless 9W RGBW bulbs? I found the old ones to be too dim and only useful as accent lighting. Are these new ones better? And can they be used in recessed lighting?

Comment

Originally posted by Jingoro View Post
        How are the new Limitless 9W RGBW bulbs? I found the old ones to be too dim and only useful as accent lighting. Are these new ones better? And can they be used in recessed lighting?
        I have just received on of the new bulbs. I have not had time to try it out yet but looks identical (in size) to the first generation.
        Jon

Comment

Jon00 WiFi LED Lamp Controller (Limitless MiLight EasyBulb)

Great!

I don't have the old model, neither the Hue, to compare, but I think the new 9W RGBW gives very good light. I have some 6W Osram and the 9W RGBW are giving a lot more light than the Osram.

Comment

Hi,

I have received last weekend the RGBW bulbs with the Wifi controler V3. It works great (even if I struggled a little bit to include the controler in my Home Wifi).

The bulbs make a powerful white light, I am really impressed !
            The RGB part is fun to create warm atmosphere.

The IOS application is good but it will be better to manage the bulbs from Homeseer with predefined scenario, as it is not easy to retreive the last configuration.

I am looking forward to any further information and still ready to help testing.

Thank you.

Comment

I did order a 9W RGBW bulb hoping it would work with the original Bridge. After finally getting a response from Easybulb, it appears that it is not compatible. I have therefore just ordered a V3 controller.

Once it arrives, I'll see what I can do.
              Jon

Comment

im gonna play the wait game and see what people are using in their setup.. seems cool!!!!
                HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                  I did order a 9W RGBW bulb hoping it would work with the original Bridge. After finally getting a response from Easybulb, it appears that it is not compatible. I have therefore just ordered a V3 controller.

I noticed that you did a lumen test over on another thread http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=159514

I'd be curious to know how these new bulbs compare to the old ones (and the Hue)

Comment

Hi Jon.

I just received a RGBW LED Strip (this one: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/5M-50...201427607.html) and it's working fine with my v3.0 wireless bridge. I did some basic tests with the IP/Serial Plugin using the commands in the API description and it's working fine.

Do you thing when your plugin is updated to work with the V3 bridge should it work also with this LED Strip as the same time as with the RGBW Bulbs?

Comment

Does it use the same codes as RGBW?

If so then yes.

FYI, my V3 bridge will be delivered in the next few days.
                      Jon

Comment

Does it use the same codes as RGBW?

If so then yes.
                        It uses the "LimitlessLED v2.0 OpenSource API for Developers" in this document: http://www.limitlessled.com/dev/

I think it uses the same commands you already have in your plug-in for RGB and White bulbs.

My guess is as soon as the plug-in could connect to the V3 bridge it will be able to control these led stripes.

FYI, my V3 bridge will be delivered in the next few days.
                        Great!

Comment

Jon

Would it be possible to control more than 4 zones? Perhaps with additional wifi Bridge.

"- Each remote and wifi box can control up to FOUR groups (zones) of any number of light bulbs."

Cheers

Comment

The 4 zone limitation (white bulbs) is with the Wi-Fi controller and lamps.

To get around this you can purchase another Wi-Fi controller and run a second instance of the client.
                            Jon

Comment

Thanks Jon.

Comment

Great little app. Looking forward to the v3 version so I can control my RGBW lights

Comment

Working...
                                X