Email trigger set device...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it possible to directly use a subject trigger to set a device value without using an event? It seems like a unnecessary extra step to need an event for each email subject I'm parsing.
    For example,when an email arrives with a subject "Jon arrived at home" I want to set a virtual device "Jon isHome(v2)" to on. And another trigger to respond to an email with the subject of "Jon has left Home" by setting the same device "Jon isHome(v2)" to off.
    Is this possible without creating events that just listen for the trigger from the script and do the one simple action? It's certainly easy enough to do it this way, but it makes it for messy management.
    Thanks.

--Jon Chuchla--

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, only events are triggered.

You could use the triggerscript facility (see docs). With a bit of scripting it should be fairly easy to achieve your goal.
    Jon

Comment

The trigger script functionality seems like a steep learning curve for me at the moment. Also I've always shied away from doing my own scripting in HS just because its hard to keep track of what's doing what. And the scripting language was kinda hard to wrap my head around. I guess I'll just use the event method for now.
      If there's no technical reason your script can't do device actions directly(other than the fact you never needed it for your own uses), please consider this as feature request for future versions.
      Thanks!

--Jon Chuchla--

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
      X