Jon00 Bluetooth Proximity Detector for Homeseer 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jon00 Bluetooth Proximity Detector for Homeseer 3

I've updated my Bluetooth Proximity detector to work with Homeseer 3. Details of the Homeseer 2 version can be found here.

As Homeseer 3 is still in Beta, things may break! With 3.0.0.9 you may see Error In SaveSettingWithFile: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute. This is a bug in Homeseer.

Please report any other issues/comments/suggestions.

As always, it is available from my site. Click on my banner below.
    Jon

It seems to be working. Only which port does the client use--is it still 8737?

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
    Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
    Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

All plugins and apps use 10400
      Jon

Comment

Thanks.

It looks like the BT script locked HS3 with an out of memory error. I was not able to capture log information. If it happens again I will try to capture and send. This was on HS3 3.0.0.10. Updated the two DLLs on client directory too prior to lock.

Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue

Comment

I noticed the memory problem last night but has nothing to do with the bluetooth package. I've had it working for weeks without issue.

Rich has been working on a number of issues with reading/writing of ini files. It looks like 3.0.0.10 has a handle leak with these calls. I can reproduce it with a small test script. I'll submit a bug report.
          Jon

Comment

OK. Yes it is crashing regularly.
            Attached Files

Comment

OK, it looks like ALL VB.Net scripts which are run on HS3 are causing a memory leak and Rich is on the case. My advise is not to use this until it is fixed.
              Jon

Comment

OK. Removed. It is good that you have this for us to test with the beta of HS3 so that we can find these issues. Thanks again.

The pairing with the client is slightly different from described in the PDF. I have iPhone 5's. Here is how I ended up pairing them:

I went to settings/bluetooth on the phone--which sets it to discoverable.

On win7 64bit with Jon00 HS3 bluetooth client and MS BT stack I right click on jon00 BT tray icon. It turns red. Nothing happens anywhere--phone or windows.

Then I open "add bluetooth device" link from windows search. Stuff happens. The code shows up on phone and windows. I add device make changes to services on BT device in windows. All is well.

Sometimes the adding fails--it might take three to four times to get it to pair. When it is done, right click jon00 BT tray icon--it turns from red to blue.

Jon00 BT tray icon popup now shows "paired" for the iPhone.

BTW somehow my windows BT icon disappears now. This was not the case with HS2 Jon00 BT proximity detector client.

Comment

Setup under Windows 7 seems to be completely variable and I think it has to do with the BT dongle used. I added something to the docs to reflect this.

The BT code for HS2 and HS3 clients are identical. The only change is the connection methods to HS. If you were running the older client, that may be the issue. If the Windows BT icon is going I assume it is not customised to show icon and notifications and currently set to only show notifications.

There was also a change in 3.0.0.10 which altered the directory structure for the first icon column on the device management page. I'll have to update this to reshow the icon but this is only eye candy.
                  Jon

Comment

Your icon stays. It is the window's bt icon in the tray that disappears. BT is still on, I can still add bt devices and such by using search to find the control panel applets.

Comment

status

finally got my installation in.. mostly operator error
                      I renamed the exe to prevent from running
                      yep.. computer shut down when enabled

standing by.....
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by gearyt; June 29, 2013, 05:31 PM.
                      Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

I hate to ask but I cant find it anywhere on your site? I found the HS2 (which I had running in HS2) - but no idea where the HS3 version is???

** DOH *** Finally found it ..... Going to install....

Comment

pick it out of the " show all downloads " scroll
                          Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

Sorry guys... been out this evening. If you are using V 3.0.0.10, Homeseer will crash with a memory leak if you use this. It's a Homeseer bug and Rich is working on it.

Be warned!
                            Jon

Comment

I'm not positive, but I think if you remove the script and leave the client running it will crash HS3. I just disabled client to test if HS3 still crashes. It's also possible that 3.0.0.10 has another bug that removed the previously observed stability.

Comment

Working...
                              X