Jon00PerMonHS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jon00PerMonHS3

Install could not be easier. Only issue I am having is running on Win Server 2012, it will not allow another program to start this EXE. I guess I need to get creative with scheduled tasks or something.

Other than that it seems to be working well.

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
    Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
    Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Excellent! Thanks for the update.
    Jon

Comment

For some reason this is no longer working. I think it might not be creating devices at startup with fresh install.

I added the following to startup.txt in scripts.

hs.Launch hs.GetAppPath & "\Jon00PerfMonHS3.exe","","",0

I noticed a startup.vb in scripts directory too, which is likely the startup file used. Deleting that does not fix this.

Not able to get this to work right now.

Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue

Comment

Is the process running when you look in task manager?
        Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
          Is the process running when you look in task manager?
          No it is not. I wonder if anyone else is having a problem loading this plugin. What would be the command to add to startup.vb?

Comment

As HST have made some changes to HS3 since I wrote this version (July), I'll update it to reflect the changes.

That said, the start up procedure would be the same.

You can try the following in startup.vb:

hs.Launch (hs.GetAppPath() & "\Jon00PerfMonHS3.exe","","",0)
            Jon

Comment

As HST have made some changes to HS3 since I wrote this version (July), I'll update it to reflect the changes.

hmmm. Perhaps I will wait for any updates you make.

Thanks.

Comment

The update will make little difference. It will just be a replacement exe file.
                Jon

Comment

For some reason I am still not able to get this to start with homeseer even after adding the above command in startup.vb. When I start manually all is fine.

Not sure what is going on.

Comment

For starters, we need to know if startup.txt and/or startup.vb are being run.

Add the following to startup.txt:

hs.writelog "Test","This is startup.txt"

Then add the following to startup.vb:

hs.writelog ("Test","This is startup.vb")

Then restart Homeseer and see what the log shows.
                    Jon

Comment

There was something wrong with my installation. I had started with the first public beta, and upgraded to each subsequent. Evidently something broke along the way. After a wipe, and fresh install of *.42 there is only startup.vb in scripts. After I adding the test below to that results in the appropriate entry in the log.

Code:
                      hs.writelog ("Test","This is startup.vb")
                      And adding the command you suggested above results in perfmon running at startup correctly.

Code:
                      In short there was some cruft that built up that caused the problem.

Comment

Strange...I am still using startup.txt and it is working fine here.
                        Jon

Comment

Strange...I am still using startup.txt and it is working fine here.
                          Well I updated to the latest version of Homeseer 3 and it looks like Startup.txt has been disabled/removed.

Therefore you now need to add the following in startup.vb just above the 'end Sub'

hs.Launch (hs.GetAppPath & "\Jon00PerfMonHS3.exe","","",0)
                          Jon

Comment

I have just installed this and cannot get it to work. I know the Jon00PerfMonHS3 process is running (verified via task manager), but for some reasons no devices are created??

I'm running the latest HS3 3.0.0.46 on a Win8 64bit box.
                            Nicolai L

Comment

Do you see the plugin connect with Homeseer in the log and the message Waiting to reference on 5 minute duration?

Did you use the ini file from Homeseer 2? If you did it will not work without changes.
                              Jon

Comment

Working...
                              X