In-dash Auto Receiver with Bluetooth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In-dash Auto Receiver with Bluetooth

I need to replace the radio in my everyday truck and was looking as saw some now have Bluetooth. I was wondering if they could be used in conjunction with your Bluetooth Proximity Detector. I do not know too much about the radio's Bluetooth setting or capabilities.

I am sure I will have to remote the Bluetooth adaptor for the PC as I am about 20 feet with two walls between where I park and the HS computer.

What is the radio functionality provided by the bluetooth? To pair with your cell for playing music/hands free or both?
    Jon

Comment

Have a look at the bluetooth device, i would suggest that unless it is an external device (e.g. with its own power switch, and built in battery) it is probably connected to your vehicles power supply. If this is the case then once the power is off it is also likely that your Bluetooth device gets turned off as well which would mean that the unit would not be suitable for always-on proximity detection. If that was the case Jon00 does have some tips on his site about how to hack a bluetooth earpiece to become an always-on device for proximity detection.
      HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

Jon, the radio I was looking at was for both music and phone however I would only use it for music...

Travish, Good point about the power. I have seen the hack Jon suggested with the Bluetooth headset.

Thanks to both of you... I'll probably go ahead and get a Bluetooth radio so I can listen to Pandora on the road and not bother trying to use it for proximity detection.

Comment

If the radio can pair with your cell then it probably can be used for detection. The issue of constant power to the radio is correct, however you may be able to use it to detect when you arrive home and trigger an event. Obviously it will show that you are away again when power is lost but that is not an issue.

You may have to think about a method to stop the home event triggering when you leave your property. This would happen when you started the vehicle, power applied to the radio and detected again. It could be linked to another delayed event which could be triggered via a touchscreen, PIR etc when you leave via the door.
          Jon

Comment

Working...
          X