Jon00 Homeseer 2 - Homeseer 3 - Homeseer 4 Connector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good stuff.

FYI, triggering HS3 events from HS2 is currently not working. There is nothing wrong with the coding but it looks like the script command hs.Triggerevent in in Homeseer 3 has stopped functioning again.
    Jon

Comment

Two steps forward, one step back... :-)
      Don

Comment

Hi Jon

Works for me.

Devices in HS2 are transferred to HS3

Thanks

Jo

Comment

This is an awesome idea, and perhaps the thing I need to seriously start using HS3.
          HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
          Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
          on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
          WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
            This is an awesome idea, and perhaps the thing I need to seriously start using HS3.
            Indeed. It may also assist with people who use HS2 plugins that will never upgraded to HS3.
            Jon

Comment

The HS3 client had a small bug where it did not reconnect if Homeseer 3 was restarted. This has now been rectified and the HS3 client is now at version 1.0.1
              Jon

Comment

Jon, this looks very interesting, I haven't started with HS3 because of the ack of plugins not being available. How will this work f I have HS2 in a pc and HS3 in a Hometroller will it work? If so where can I find instructions to read upon the subject?
                Hector
                MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
                AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
                  Jon, this looks very interesting, I haven't started with HS3 because of the ack of plugins not being available. How will this work f I have HS2 in a pc and HS3 in a Hometroller will it work? If so where can I find instructions to read upon the subject?
                  Yes it will work fine.

Download the package from my site and read the instructions.
                  Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                    Good stuff.

FYI, triggering HS3 events from HS2 is currently not working. There is nothing wrong with the coding but it looks like the script command hs.Triggerevent in in Homeseer 3 has stopped functioning again.
                    I was hoping to get around the broken X-10 received event trigger, but assume it may be a larger issue. Any idea when HST might get this fixed. I've posted a number of notes and can't get a reply.

On the good news front, this is really great for testing HS3 with HS2 running and in control. Thanks for coming up with this.

Barry

Comment

Thanks Barry.

I have now submitted a bugzilla ticket (1147) for hs.Triggerevent. Rich has been pretty fast with correcting other scripting command bugs so we will wait and see.
                      Jon

Comment

I have noticed my CPU temp going up a bit when the HS3 and HS2 connectors are loaded. I am wondering if anyone else is seeing this? CPU usage runs about 11-16% with both HS2 and HS3 running, but jumps up to 60-75% with the two connectors added. CPU temp is about 180-190.

Just me?

By the way, I love this plugin....
                        Don

Comment

Looking at my task manager, the client processes are each running 0-3% here at the moment. Homeseer 2 is running between 14 and 55% (I have lots running on it!) and Homeseer 3 is at 1 and 3% (not much running on it yet)

Stopping the clients here makes no difference on the two HS process percentages.
                          Jon

Comment

OK. I'll look into this further..

Moved HS3 to another machine. CPU usage on both now acceptable.

Guess more horsepower is always better.
                            Last edited by donstephens; November 6, 2013, 04:38 PM.
                            Don

Comment

will this work to allow HS3 plugins t owork with HS2? I am hoping to test the Kinect plugin but not ready to switch my whole system to HS3 yet

cheers Ken
                              HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

Yep! Works well.
                                Last edited by donstephens; November 6, 2013, 09:41 PM.
                                Don

Comment

Working...
                                X