Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 1-wire script using LOGTEMP Trouble

Hi Jon,
    I did find the script. Turns out I was having browser issues, and a log story short, I now have a brand new install of Win7, and HS3.

I was able to get LOGTEMP working, and seeing my 3 temperature sensors correctly. I followed the instructions in your DOC file, but I am getting the following errors when HS3 tries to run you script.

Is there something else I need to do?

Nov-23 12:13:31 PM Error Compiling script C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\scripts\Jon00OneWireHS3.vben: Character is not valid.
    Nov-23 12:13:31 PM Error Compiling script C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\scripts\Jon00OneWireHS3.vben: Character is not valid.
    Nov-23 12:13:31 PM Error Compiling script C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\scripts\Jon00OneWireHS3.vben: Declaration expected.
    Nov-23 12:13:31 PM Error Compiling script C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\scripts\Jon00OneWireHS3.vben: Declaration expected.
    Nov-23 12:13:31 PM Error Compiling script C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\scripts\Jon00OneWireHS3.vben: Syntax error.
    Nov-23 12:13:31 PM Error Compiling script C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\scripts\Jon00OneWireHS3.vben: Syntax error.
    Nov-23 12:13:31 PM Error Compiling script C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\scripts\Jon00OneWireHS3.vben: Labels are not valid outside methods/multiline lambdas.
    Nov-23 12:13:31 PM Error Compiling script C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\scripts\Jon00OneWireHS3.vben: Labels are not valid outside methods/multiline lambdas.
    Nov-23 12:13:31 PM Error Compiling script C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\scripts\Jon00OneWireHS3.vben: 'Class' statement must end with a matching 'End Class'.
    Nov-23 12:13:31 PM Error Compiling script C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\scripts\Jon00OneWireHS3.vben: 'Namespace' statement must end with a matching 'End Namespace'.

what version of HS3 are you using at the moment?
    Jon

Comment

I am using the latest version of HS3, 3.0.0.44

Comment

OK, that version is a bad build. Rich is trying to fix it now.
        Jon

Comment

OK, no worries.

I have lots of other HS2 Events I need to rebuild in HS3.

I will just put the 1-wire plug-in on the back burner, and wait for another HS3 Update.

Thanks for your time!

Comment

Bonsoir,
            Im using version 3.0.0.46 of HS3, I have the same issue.

Yan1950

Comment

There was an issue. Try version 1.0.1 on my site. If you downloaded the initial version, I have changed the location of one png file.
              Jon

Comment

Hi Jon,
                Just upgraded HS3 to 3.0.0.46, and downloaded your new 1.0.1 version of the script.

I installed it, and started firing the script off every minute. HS3 does this every minute, and shows it in the log
                The script creates all the devices for my three sensors, and the three generic graphs.

I have not been able to get the graphs to show anything other than the generic picture you have in the plugin.

After messing with it for a while now, I have noticed that if I delete all the graphs and sensors, then wait 1 minute, the script will re-create all of them, and time and day stamp them the moment they are created.

Now if I just sit there, looking at the screen for several minutes, I have now noticed that the sensors do not UPDATE every minute. The script is running, but the sensors and graphs never update after the initial creation.

Is this something I am doing wrong?

Comment

The graphs are created by LogTemp. Did you change the path? (read the red text under [GraphX] in the docs.

Can you see the temperature update in Logtemp and also within Last.csv file?
                  Jon

Comment

Hi Jon,
                    I have updated to version 1.0.1 and I get this message in the log:
                    The path for the file last.csv is correct
                    As you can see temperature change but I cant see it in the value of the device.
                    Sorry for the message in french but I cant translate it in english. It seems too be a wrong value choice.
                    I have only one sensor( DS1820 )

Yan1950

Comment

OK, I'll have to update the script. The problem is that LogTemp is using a different decimal separator to your country i.e. it uses a decimal point whereas France uses a comma.
                      Jon

Comment

Oh I see ...
                        But with HS2pro and the same Logtemp on the same computer it works..
                        With your script and files for HS2 of course.

Good job you done Jon.

Regads
                        Yan1950

Comment

Try the attached.
                          Attached Files
                          Jon

Comment

Hi Jon
                            Now with your new script it's OK ; I see the virtual device Temperature updated in HS3pro.

But I'm still fighting with graphs !
                            I go on searching why I cant see this graphs .
                            I'm a newbie with Homeseer.

Thanks for the new script .

edit post 14:21:
                            With Graphs it's working know but in the column " last change", date and time don't change.
                            Date and time are OK only for the device( temperature ) in this column

Yan1950
                            Last edited by yan11122000; November 28, 2013, 08:19 AM.

Comment

The graphs are just an image files which are updated but keeps the same name. Homeseer does not recognise this so date/time will not change.
                              Jon

Comment

Working...
                              X