No announcement yet.

Jon00 Cumulus/weeWX Weather for Homeseer 3 & Homeseer 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope. It is also true of low, wind chill and the rest. They don't have extra space. It does manipulate if I divide by 10, but then as soon as a decimal arise it is off.

Anything I can look at to get more data? I appreciate the quick response. I have checked realtime.txt and it does show decimal point.

I am using HSTouch to format. Is there a place to insert a script to do the divide if over 100? I know that fixes the symptom instead of the problem but ...
    Attached Files

Comment

This looks a lot like the June 6 problem. Any change of getting the US date format mm/dd/yyyy. We in the colonies cannot do metric and other date formats. -- It is a failure of our school system ;-)

Comment

Can you post a screen grab of the properties of one the devices with the issue via the HS3 Device Management page. This will show the device string, value etc.

There should be a tag which you can use for mm/dd/yyyy date rather than the default dd/mm/yyyy. Details in the docs.
        Jon

Comment

outdoor temperature. shows difference between string and value
          Attached Files

Comment

Tried the tag. Software is not cooperating.

[Device1]
            DeviceName="Updated"
            ImageName="Timedate.png"
            DeviceText="<#datemmddyy> <#timehhmmss>"
            DeviceValue=""
            01/08/14 10:56:00 Utility Jon00 Cumulus Updated Jon00-CWS-01 Virtual Today
            10:56:29 AM

Comment

Most odd.

Would you post a copy of your realtime.txt so that I can try it here. I cannot look at this until tomorrow.
              Jon

Comment

here is the device when behaving. I've uploaded current realtime.txt I'll try and catch it when it misbehaves. Friday night at the pub ... I understand.

I've got activities this weekend so after this afternoon I probably won't be back to it until sunday evening.
                Attached Files

Comment

here is a saved realtime. with the 59 degrees showing. If you type a realtime.txt with 59.0 Is this problem not reproducible elsewhere?
                  Attached Files

Comment

For the record I have seen it here too. Any time the temp is exactly 70.0 for example, not 70.1 or 70.6, it loses the decimal and displays 700. Never noticed it until I started displaying the temp on my Beta Bright. Not too often that it's exact like that so hasn't been a big deal. We all kind of laugh when it shows it.
                    Bryan
                    Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
                    Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

OK, I've tracked down the issue which was caused by the last change I made for countries using a , as a decimal separator.

I've also given more support for 12 hour time formats and there are new tags for this purpose. See the tag list at the end of the docs. Basically add '12h' to the end of any tag that relates to time.

Example for Time of today's high temperature tag:

<#TtempTH> is for 24hr format (existing)
                      <#TtempTH12h> is for 12hr format (new)

Version 1.0.7 can now be downloaded from my site.
                      Jon

Comment

Looks good. The low today is no longer 350 degrees. Date format change works too. Thank you for your help.

Comment

This script (HS2 Version) saved me hours of coding my own solution. Works perfectly.
                          I do have several calculated values/devices which I'd like to be able to insert between some of the measured data devices. Currently, my calculated devices live at the bottom of the list, out of order. Cumulus Data W1-W36, then my devices beginning at W37 onward. An example would be Month/Year High low temperatures which I'd like to display inline just after the Daily High/Low data provided by Cumulus. IE. Daily High/Low at device W20 & W21, my data from W22 to W25, then continuing with Cumulus' Humidity at W26, etc.
                          I've tried skipping these device numbers, and also entering these devices as blanks in the config file but neither seems to work. The script seems to stop reading data at the point it encounters the empty or skipped device number. Is there any way this can be accomplished as things stand, or am I asking for an update to the script?
                          I'd prefer not experimenting too much as each time I do, HSTouch loses it's mind.
                          Thanks
                          Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

The script would require a re-write.

I suppose you could program a new device showing the same data as another device. Once the script is run, you could then run your metric calculations from the same event and use that to overwrite that same virtual device immediately.
                            Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                              The script would require a re-write.

I suppose you could program a new device showing the same data as another device. Once the script is run, you could then run your metric calculations from the same event and use that to overwrite that same virtual device immediately.
                              OK. I thought perhaps if I defined a device name with no other data defined, it might work. The devices are created, but unfortunately the script is still overwriting the data. No matter; I can live with this.
                              Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Realtime.txt missing

PDF Doc says setup the path but I cant find this file. I am running on Pi

Before you enable the event, ensure you set the FilePath to Cumulus Realtime.txt in the Jon00CumulusHS3.ini file

Comment

Working...
                                X