No announcement yet.

Jon00 Cumulus/weeWX Weather for Homeseer 3 & Homeseer 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just installed 1.1.0 and the issue with icons is gone. But in the process the "devices" I have such as "Yesterday rainfall" that used to be separate are now duplicated under one root.

They both have the same device number so if I delete one, will it delete both? I didn't replace the ini file, I just manually changed the version number and the source for the cumulus file.

Comment

I would delete both and let the script recreate a new device.
      Jon

Comment

OK, I deleted one and it deleted both. I'll let the script do its job moving forward. Thanks!

Comment

Question,

I have a cheap acurite 1036 weather station that need manual calibration of the outside temperature for -2 degrees on the LCD display. unfortunatly, the station does not report the calibrated temperature over to the USB connection so my reatime.txt file don't carry the calibrated data.

I tought I'd try modifiying the ini file to: DeviceValue="<#temp>" - 2 but that does not work.

I am wondering if anyone would have a dirty solution for me that would substract 2 to the plugin device value ?

thanks

Comment

EasyTrigger allows you to do mathematical operations on devices when they update. I use it to do any calculations like this.

Comment

Great idea !
              Never tough of this

Comment

I'm using version 1.1.1 of this script on HS3 3.0.0.548 on Linux (Docker). The devices are working fine and updating correctly, but when HSTouch Designer connects to the HS3 server it cannot see only the Jon00-Cumulus devices. It can see other devices.
                I'm moving from a Windows instance of HS3 to HS3 Docker - and the HSTouch Designer can connect to the Windows instance and sees all the Jon00-Cumulus devices.
                Any ideas why? How can I troubleshoot?
                Here's screenshots of the devices from both Docker and Windows instances:

Comment

A possibility: Click Device Type and click "Select All"

Comment

Thanks - but that did not fix the problem.

Comment

Doesn't docker create a new IP for instance on a different subnet then it is routed to the main device subnet?

What I do with VirtualBox is create a bridged interface. I have one machine today doing this with HS3.

How to Create a Docker Machine with A Bridged Network Adapter

Not sure if this will work as I have not used Docker that much lately. Works fine for me with VB.
                      - Pete

Auto mator
                      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Thanks Pete. I'm using Docker for 25 other container applications..and very familiar with it. The HS3 docker image I use is this , which exposes specific ports for HSTouch etc. I have also tried using host networking for the HS3 container which the uses the host's IP and exposes all ports. It doesn't make a difference for HSTouch Designer...it cannot see only the jon00 devices. I've also created two virtual devices - Sunrise and Sunset which HSTouch Designer sees with no problem
                        I'm wondering what the Jon00 devices are doing differently. .

Comment

The devices are actually formatted using device strings rather than Graphic/status pairs (ported over from HS2) but I cannot see why it works fine in HSTouch with one OS but not another.

Not being a HSTouch or Docker user, I can't be much help.
                          Jon

Comment

Well, I deleted all the jon00 cumulus devices, disabled the event to run the script, restarted the HS3 container, re-enabled the event, which created new devices - and voila ! HSTouch Designer could see all the newly created jon00 cumulus devices. I have no idea why...but will take the win

Comment

Good news taylormia.

I am still using CumulusMX here and Jon00 Cumulus plugin with a serial customized with extra cache device that I purchased from Australia that connects to the back of the Davis console. That said also using MQTT now and a Meteostick / hub which is independent of the console. I like it better. I did also purchase the Davis weather link device. Tried it for 3 months and returned it. Did not like it at all.

Here updated to newest HS Touch designer and over time updated my 15 tabletops to V80 of the Windows HSTouch clients. All of the designs were using Windows HSTouch V.7xxx. All of them changed a bit mostly I think due to variable changes in HS3.
                              - Pete

Auto mator
                              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Just noticed something here running the Cumulus script device icons in HS3 and HS4. Some icons where missing (but not really) in HS3 due to caps or no caps and showing a broken icon in the device list. This was just an upper and lower case read of the various icons. In HS4 the icon would default to a "nostatus.gif".

I fixed the spelling of the icons and have attached the list here. I just copied the gif file and renamed it. Copied over the same named gifs to the HS4 instance of Cumulus.

CumulusMX here is running on Ubuntu HS4 box along with Home Assistant.

Connectivity to the Davis Weather station is via CumulusMX internet web server, MQTT, and the MeteoHub / Meteostick.

Click image for larger version  Name:	cumulusgiffiles.jpg Views:	0 Size:	37.5 KB ID:	1567084
                                - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
                                X