Jon00 Cumulus/weeWX Weather for Homeseer 3 & Homeseer 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jon00 Cumulus/weeWX Weather for Homeseer 3 & Homeseer 4

This script will read data from the Sandaysoft Cumulus weather station software and present them in Homeseer 3 via virtual devices.

It will also read data from weeWX software. A how-to guide is supplied in the download zip (thanks to taylormia for this document)

The script is extremely configurable allowing you to create your own devices with any data and icons as you like. The package comes with a basic configuration which should be suitable for most applications.

I don't personally use Cumulus but as I somehow took over custody of the HS2 version, thought I better write this for all HS3 upgraders until something better comes along!

As always it is available from my site (Click on my banner below). Any problems, please let me know.

(No Banner seen?- check your Forum Settings - User Settings, Account, Tick 'Show Signature')
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jon00; April 19, 2020, 03:50 AM.
    Jon

Working well here; thank-you Jon!!
    Attached Files
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

hi john,

Im did some more testing with the cumulus script. it worked out of the box with no tweaking except the location of the realtime.txt off course.

however all cumulus devicevalues are 5 and dimmed. So not the values that are displayed in the devicestring which works fine. I use the standard cumulus data config. so devicevalues should correspondant to the values in the devicestring.

Any idea whats causing this? maybe regional settings?

regards Bart
      Regards Bart
      ------------------------------------------
      Win7 64Bit on Intel NUCI7 with SSD
      HSPRO 3.
      Devices; 1370 Events; 691

Jon00 Scripts, JowHue, HSTouch, Plugwise, Z-wave, Ultranetatmo, Ultracam, PHlocation, BLUSBUIRT, MeiHarmony, Buienradar, MEiUnifi Pushover 3P, Random, Nest HSPhone and Blueiris

Visonic Powermax Alarm System (HS3) Interface: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11129

Comment

Originally posted by bartbakels View Post
        hi john,

Im did some more testing with the cumulus script. it worked out of the box with no tweaking except the location of the realtime.txt off course.

however all cumulus devicevalues are 5 and dimmed. So not the values that are displayed in the devicestring which works fine. I use the standard cumulus data config. so devicevalues should correspondant to the values in the devicestring.

Any idea whats causing this? maybe regional settings?

regards Bart
        Also noticed this.

Device value is always 5 if using this ini setting

[Device3]
        DeviceName="Indoor Temperature"
        ImageName="Thermometer.png"
        DeviceText="<#intemp> &deg;<#tempunitnodeg>"
        DeviceValue="<#intemp>"
        A quick fix is to remove the extra bits on the DeviceText line.

[Device3]
        DeviceName="Indoor Temperature"
        ImageName="Thermometer.png"
        DeviceText="<#intemp>"
        DeviceValue="<#intemp>"
        This works for me.

Comment

hi brian,

I just wanted to post the same solution, I saw that windbearing was one of the devices that worked. This one has no pre or suffix in the devicestring.

Does Jon knows this? Otherwise i will inform him.

regards Bart
          Regards Bart
          HSPRO 3.

Jon00 Scripts, JowHue, HSTouch, Plugwise, Z-wave, Ultranetatmo, Ultracam, PHlocation, BLUSBUIRT, MeiHarmony, Buienradar, MEiUnifi Pushover 3P, Random, Nest HSPhone and Blueiris

Visonic Powermax Alarm System (HS3) Interface: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11129

Comment

It's a bug. I've corrected the error.

You can download V1.0.3 now.
            Jon

Comment

Jon00

Thanks for the great support as always. downloaded the new version and the issue is solved.

Thanks
              Bart
              Regards Bart
              HSPRO 3.

Comment

Hi Jon00,

I suspect this has more to do with my regional settings -> English (Australian) than anything else, but how can i resolve the below listed error. I would like to keep the regional settings the same as it is how we represent dates and prevents any confusion to my family when they look at our HA system. Our format is DD\MM\YYYY which i suspect is what is causing the issue but am unsure of how to resolve it.

Dec-17 2:12:44 PM Jon00_Cumulus Error at TagReplace Block 1 String was not recognized as a valid DateTime.

The actual Cumulus real time file is listed below:

PHP Code:
                17/12/13 14:20:41 22.2 60 14.1 4.8 3.2 136 0.0 0.0 1014.19 SE 1 km/h C hPa mm 36.7 -0.55 0.0 0.0 0.0 23.0 56 22.2 +1.7 22.2 14:20 13.6 00:51 6.4 09:44 16.1 13:23 1015.95 09:56 1013.24 04:24 1.9.2 1032 12.9 22.2 25.5 0 0.00 0 147 0.0 15 1 0 SSE 3328 ft 22.6 0.0 1047 0 
                HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

Have you updated to V1.0.4?
                  Jon

Comment

Hi Jon00,

Thanks for that, on your website there was version 1.0.3 which i updated to and it appears to have fixed the date formatting issue.

Thanks!
                    HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

Jon00,

I have 2 questions regarding the cumulus script. The images are added as html as devicestring and not by the device image function am I correct? This causes the devicestrings unusable in HStouch. Can this be changed.

And I have an small issue with the devicevalues. When for example the temperature is 12,2 C it displays correct as devicestring;

12,2 C but the devicevalue 122. I would like to have the value also as real? Am I doing something wrong and or is this possible? I use , as decimal seperater in my server.

regards

Bart
                      Regards Bart
                      HSPRO 3.

Comment

That is correct. It is not easy to use change over to VGPair due the <#tag> insertion flexibility incorporated within the script. For example, dynamically changing the wind direction icon, summary icon etc would have to be converted to an individual value for every combination to allow pair switching for that icon.

I think the second must be a homeseer bug. In HS2, if you try and save a device value with the wrong regional format, it errors. I then trap that error and then replace the . with a , and retry. I do the same in the HS3 version, however it looks like it now accepts this and removes the decimal point. I'll have a think about that one.
                        Jon

Comment

V1.0.6 is now available which corrects the internationalization issue with storage of data in the device values. No need to update if you use a . as a decimal separator.
                          Jon

Comment

Problem with values

I have a problem with temperature values that are .0 for example at temperature of 51.0 give a value of 510, at 51.1 the value is 51.1
                            See attached. realtime.txt is correct.
                            Attached Files

Comment

I'm not sure if this is the issue or not but I noticed a small mistake in the Jon00CumulusHS3.ini for outdoor temperature, devicevalue setting.

Under [Device5] you should see:

DeviceValue="<#temp> "

Change it to remove the space:

DeviceValue="<#temp>"

See if that makes a difference.
                              Jon

Comment

Working...
                              X