Jon00 Links For Homeseer 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jon,

Version 3.0.0.312 has broken your links program. Links are gone, even locally....
    HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
    Home Assistant 2024.3
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
    Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
    Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
    WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
    AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

You may just need to run the script again to reinstall the necessary hooks.
      Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
        You may just need to run the script again to reinstall the necessary hooks.
        Thank you - that fixed it.
        ---------------------------------------------------http://weather.penicuik.org

Comment

I believe that I have followed the instructions, but it doesn't seem to work.

Any suggestions would be appreciated
          Attached Files

Comment

In the ScriptingReferences entry, make sure there are no spaces between entries.

Also what Browser are you using? Try using Chrome or Firefox.
            Jon

Comment

I've done the scripting references with and without the space. I tried with the space because of something in a previous post. Both do not work.

ScriptingReferences=System.Data.SQLite;C:\HomeSeerHS3\Bin\Sy stem.Data.SQLite.dll,System.Web;System.web.dll

I am using Chrome

Comment

As you can see from your post, the board adds spaces to long strings. There should be no spaces in this entry!

Are you trying this locally at home on your LAN?

I assume you have rerun the script and then refreshed the Homeseer web page?
                Jon

Comment

You may need to close the HS web pages, clear the browser cache and then reopen the pages. I find I need to do that when changing the links on my system.

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk
                  HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                  Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

clearing the cache has solved the problem.

Thanks!

Comment

Good to hear. I've now updated the documentation with the clear cache information.
                      Jon

Comment

Jon,

I've been using your links script for ages and always had a small issue.
                        Depending on which page I had open - say Adam's CurrentCost 3p but doesn't really matter which, when I select the Homeseer View button, I don't always see the additional links I created. So my workaround is to go the a default link - say Log, get taken to that page, then when I go to the Homeseer View item on the main page again, I see the additional links. This has been like this since day1. I realize this is an unsupported, but wonder if you or others also experience this and whether or not it is resolvable?

Robert
                        HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Do you get the same behavior on different browsers (Try Firefox & Chrome)?
                          Jon

Comment

I see a similar albeit very intermittent behavior on my system. I have not been able to figure out what causes it. I will lose all of the links when navigating to another view such as Events. All I need to do is click on Home and the links are restored when it loads the Device Management Page.

Using Chrome under Windows and Safari on my iPad.
                            HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                              Do you get the same behavior on different browsers (Try Firefox & Chrome)?
                              I generally use IE so don't know about the others. I'm restricted to IE at work...

Like Randy that works as well...

Robert
                              HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

There is not much I can do. It's all about extra JQuery/JavaScript code I add to 'overwrite' the existing links. If the page is slow to render, the code cannot make the changes. I tend to use FireFox and rarely see the issue.
                                Jon

Comment

Working...
                                X