Malware??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Malware??

Downloaded the HS2 - HS3 connector plugin on my PC at work and ESET picked up some malware??? Has anyone else seen this?

Column Name Value
    Threat Id Threat 2305
    Client Name
    Computer Name
    MAC Address e839354df8bf
    Primary Server
    Date Received 2014-01-10 13:05:10
    Date Occurred 2014-01-10 12:58:05
    Level Critical Warning
    Scanner HTTP filter
    Object file
    Name http://86.174.148.254:8087/downloadactionHS3.aspx?buttonID=11
    Threat a variant of MSIL/Packed.Confuser.G potentially unwanted application
    Action
    User
    Information Threat was detected upon access to web by the application: C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe.

It's a false hit but it does use the transport that the hit is warning you about. If you do not feel comfortable using it then I wouldn't.
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

Malware??

Thanks Ruup.
      So it's NOT malware, the connector code just does things similar to the malware ESET thinks it is??
      My machine at work is clean, I just want to rule out infection, but I really could do with using this. It came straight from the Jon00 site.
      Cheers
      J

Comment

The code is protected with a open source package called Confuser. It is known to cause false positives with the more obscure AV packages. It is perfectly safe to use and does not contain Malware.
        Jon

Comment

Malware??

Thanks for that, I thought it was safe just wanted to check. I use a few of your plugs and they are all good. Network monitor, hue etc.. Cheers

Comment

Working...
          X