Trying to solve issue with Jon00CCNM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to solve issue with Jon00CCNM

I have one touchscreen PC that I put to sleep each night to save power. Before doing this I shutdown the mainlobby.exe application. I do this, because when I wake up the PC this application does not reconnect automatically to the server. So, when I wakeup the PC, I send a command to start MainLobby. I run it as a delayed event (20 mins) to give the PC time to wakeup and connect to the network. The command works some of the time, mostly it does not.

I saw the cannot connect to client messages so I added the ClientConnectMode=1. This removed the error from the log but it did not solve the problem.

If I run the event manually - it works 100% of the time.

Is there a verbose logging mode or anything else I can check to see why this command is not working when run through an automated event? Thanks.

That make no sense. If you run the event manually it works, automated it fails?

There is no logging as the error is actually saying "I sent a command to the client but received no reply".

This is just a TCP network related issue.
    Jon

Comment

I agree it makes no sense. It appears that the PC wakes up and exists in an awake state but not properly connected to the network. I am guessing that this state exists until such time that the PC properly connects - I am not sure how long this period lasts and what triggers a proper connection. Another option I am exploring is to put a timed event on the PC that is not remotely triggered to load MainLobby and/or make sure the network connection is ok.

I am not that well versed on TCP and other stuff so I am working through trial and error to see what is going on.

Comment

You may be able to reset your PC's TCP-IP stack via a batch file.

Something like:

PHP Code:
        ipconfig /release
        pause
        ipconfig 
        /renew
        pause
        netsh winsock reset catalog
        pause
        netsh int ip reset reset
        .log
        pause 
        Jon

Comment

Thanks - good idea. I am trying to figure out the best way to do this. I can't trigger the batch file remotely, so it will need to be triggered locally. I could do this as a timed event - initially the wakeup command was sent based on my daylight setting in homeseer - so it varies. Ideally I could trigger an event on the host PC when it wakes up.

Comment

Working...
          X