Question about passing parameter in Log Monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about passing parameter in Log Monitor

I want to call a script when a certain pattern matches and pass the log line to the script as a parameter. Is this possible? P.S. I am still using HS2 - still waiting for a Caddx plugin upgrade! Thanks.

It's a very long time since I looked at this. Can you give me an example log line together with the intended pattern match?
    Jon

Comment

The pattern match is working fine. What I want to do is trigger a script and send the whole log line as a parameter. Here is what I am trying to do:

I sporadically get zwave errors - I have a large network that I optimize every night but these still keep cropping up - something I am going to chalk up to running HS2 at present.

When I get an error in the log, such as:

Failed sending Z-Wave command to device: Z-Wave Mud Room Mud Room Light (R15)

I use log monitor to trap the "Failed sending Z-Wave command to device:" to let me know that a device has not received the intended command.

I want to trigger a script and send the entire log line as a parameter. In the script I will then open the log file, find the line that was passed as a parameter, determine which device didn't respond, then step back through the log to see which command was sent to it, and then reissue the command. It's a little messy but, as I mentioned, until I can upgrade to HS3 I am hoping this will take care of things.

Does that make sense? Thanks.

Comment

Yes it makes sense...

I will need to modify the code to do what you want however it looks easy to add. Send me an email and I'll send you a special build when I get a free moment.
        Jon

Comment

Working...
        X