No announcement yet.

Jon00 Weather Display For Homeseer 2, 3 & 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odd, I thought that had been fixed. OK, I'll take a look over the weekend.
    Jon

Comment

thanks..
      i checked the script file to try to ascertain if i have your latest..
      its properties show “created fri 16th oct 2015 750am”
      (i downloaded pkg from your web site circa Nov 2018) ... so im assuming its most recent version ..

Comment

Would you please post your entries under [settings] in the ini file (I don't need the paths) as I'm not seeing the issue here.

Click image for larger version

Name:	wd.PNG
Views:	146
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	1277285
        Jon

Comment

[Settings]
          ClientrawPath="c:\wdisplay\webfiles\clientraw.txt"
          ClientrawextraPath=""
          TempUnitText="C"
          RainUnitText="mm"
          PressureUnitText="hPa"
          WindUnitText="kts"
          DistanceUnitText="Meters"
          TempUnit="0"
          WindUnit="0"
          DistanceUnit="0"
          PressureUnit="0"
          RainUnit="0"

Comment

hi jon
            further to above,
            is it possible to also please check the following in your script...
            Max gust last hour $133 - is displaying with no decimal place.
            (first two digits correct - but no decimal place displayed in either device value or string)
            eg 12.2 actual is displaying as 12 in your script device.
            max gust last minute $140 - same as above.

ive confirmed that wdisplay is correctly showing above with a decimal place

ive also confirmed your script is correctly displaying below with one decimal place
            the other wind related devices.
            max gust today $71 , 10 min avg , current etc

much appreciated

Comment

The script just reads the data from the Clientraw.txt & Clientrawextra.txt files. Because I don't have your data, would you please check that wdisplay is actually saving the correct metrics to your Clientrawextra.txt file.
              Jon

Comment

hi jon, thanks for bearing with this as we unravel it..

1) checked clientraw file
                for
                $133 (max gust LAST HOUR) - note this appears incorrectly described in your doc
                $140 (max gust in last min)
                .. above two have NO decimal place in clientraw .. hence your script correctly rendering these in string AND value

2) checked clientraw file
                for
                $71 (max wind gust today) - clientraw value has NO decimal place..however your script displays this with a decimal place of zero (in the string)
                and with a value that is ten times. eg clientraw=10 jon00 device string =10.0, jon00 device value =100

3) FYI - there are a few mismatches between your documentation and the wdisplay clientrawdescription doc.
                $71 is max wind gust TODAY
                $133 is max gust LAST HOUR
                $134 is max gust last hour TIME
                $135 max gust today TIME

summary :
                $133 and $140 are displaying faithfully - no action required (my bad)
                $71 strangely script is "adding a zero decimal place" and has the "decimal place zero" problem with device value
                Original issue I reported - still exists : all other parameters when clientraw has a value with a decimal place of zero,
                display correct string but INCORRECT device value (10x)

hope this helps a bit in unravelling it further..

Comment

I'm struggling to find the problem with the decimal place as all the tags go though exactly the same routines. There is nothing special with $71.

I think the best thing would be for you to send me copies of your ini file, clientraw.txt and clientrawextra.txt files when you see this happen. I can then debug this with actual data from your setup.
                  Jon

Comment

thx
                    i will email you relevant files and some snapshots of the HS device details.
                    to your webmaster address at your web site

Comment

I'm trying out Weather-Display and this plug-in. It seems to be working ok except the outside temperature that shows in the HS3 virtual device is not the same as what Weather_Display shows or what I see on my Davis VP2 console. The virtual device is reporting 57.4 degrees F while everything else is 39.1. I looked at the Jon00WeatherDisplahyDateHS3.ini file and I see 4=14.1. 14.1 C is 39.1 F. The clientraw.txt file shows these numbers: 12345 0.0 0.0 295 3.9 78 990.2 ..... I'm guessing that the 3.9 is Celsius which is 39.1F. The 22019lg.txt file from Weather-Display shows 39.1 Somehow the virtual device value is being changed from this to 57.4. What might be causing this?

Comment

If you are seeing 4=14.1 in the Jon00WeatherDisplahyDataHS3.ini, and 3.1 in your clientraw.txt then the script cannot have updated the values. You do run the script using a recurring event?
                        Jon

Comment

Yes, the event is running every minute. But, the HS Devices page shows that the Last Change was about an hour ago for every WDisplay device??? The HS log shows the event running every minute??

Comment

Delete Jon00WeatherDisplahyDataHS3.ini and then run the script. Then check the clientraw.txt values against the newly created Jon00WeatherDisplahyDataHS3.ini. If they don't match then check you must be linked to another clientraw.txt file.
                            Jon

Comment

That seems to have done the trick. It all matches now. Thanks!!

Comment

Jon,

Would it be possible to modify the plug-in so it includes the daily ET value?

-- greg

Comment

Working...
                                X