Jon00 Weather Display For Homeseer 2, 3 & 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,

I have an issue with the current script. When values are .0 behind separator the value for usage in scripts is 10 times higher. For example: when i read UV index, value displayed is 1.6, the device value also is 1.6. But when it displays 1.0 the device value is 10. So my events aren't working correctly.

How to solve this?

Comment

I'm not sure how that can be happening.

The script should detect your regional settings and automatically change your decimal separator if it is different from the period (.) used by the weather display data file. You are showing examples using a period (.) however for the Netherlands it should be a comma (,)? What regional settings are you using?

If it was not detecting this for example, it would replace the period (.) to nothing hence the 1.0 to 10, however it does not explain why it is working with 1.6.

Is this running on Windows or Linux?
      Jon

Comment

Jon,

I'm away for a couple of days now so i cannot check for the settings, but it is running on windows 10. I would guess i'm using dutch regional settings as the homeseer mainpage shows dutch time and date formats.

Frans

Comment

Jon,

I checked, using Netherlands as regional setting, and english as display language.

Frans

Comment

When you are back, can you try setting both to the same region to see if this is the issue?
            Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
              When you are back, can you try setting both to the same region to see if this is the issue?
              Hello Jon,

Solved with dutch language settings as well as date formats!

Thnx,

Frans

Comment

error

Jon

I have your weather display script pulling fine directly from another pc.

however, I am getting an error not long after it starts. the file it is looking for is there in the main hs3 directory. How do I fix it?

May-18 11:02:23 AM Error Compiling script C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\scripts\Jon00WeatherDisplay.vben: could not find library 'Scheduler.dll'

May-18 11:02:23 AM Error Compiling script C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\scripts\Jon00WeatherDisplay.vben: compiler initialization failed unexpectedly: The system cannot find the file specified.

Comment

I'm afraid that is a Homeseer error and nothing to do with the script.

Have a look at a few posts with this error:

https://www.google.com/search?q=coul...s.homeseer.com
                  Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                    I'm afraid that is a Homeseer error and nothing to do with the script.

Have a look at a few posts with this error:

https://www.google.com/search?q=coul...s.homeseer.com

thanks Jon! wow that error goes back a long time.....I wish I had found your weather display script a long time ago. I really don't like being dependent upon the internet being up for weather. Maybe now that wunderground is going under more people will be finding your weather-display script

Comment

a little advice

Jon
                      I am setting up weather-display in hstouch. but I noticed the icons displayed in hs3 weather-display are not status tracking devices. If I go in and configure values and status graphics in the child devices (like outside temperature or wind speed) is it going to break more than I want to fix or maybe revert back to the default on the next device update???? I really hate to put in a lot of work and find out I wasted my time....

Comment

I am having a problem in setting up a second moisture sensor with Weather Display script. I have a Davis Soil Temp, Soil Moisture, and Leaf Wetness station. By trial and error, I found that Tag <$14> works for soil temp #1, tag <$22> works for soil temp #2, tag <$157> works for soil moisture #1, and tag <$156> works for leaf wetness.

It would be appreciated if it is possible to add the second soil moisture. If not, that;s ok also. Many thanks.

[Device39]
                        DeviceName="Soil Temperature #1"
                        ImageName="thermometer.png"
                        DeviceText="<$14> &deg;<tempunit>"
                        DeviceValue="<$14>"

[Device40]
                        DeviceName="Soil Temperature #2"
                        ImageName="thermometer.png"
                        DeviceText="<$22> &deg;<tempunit>"
                        DeviceValue="<$22>"

[Device41]
                        DeviceName="Soil Moisture #1"
                        ImageName="humidity.png"
                        DeviceText="<$157> %"
                        DeviceValue="<$157>"

[Device42]
                        DeviceName="Soil Moisture #2"
                        ImageName="humidity.png"
                        DeviceText="<???????> %"
                        DeviceValue="<??????>"

[Device43]
                        DeviceName="Leaf Wetness"
                        ImageName="humidity.png"
                        DeviceText="<$156> %"
                        DeviceValue="<$156>"

Comment

The data provided by Weather Display to Homeseer is via 2 files; Clientraw.txt and ClientrawExtra.txt All possible metrics available from these files are listed at the end of the documentation together with their associated tags. If you cannot find what you want in the list, then it is not available for display as a device.That said, you may need to post on the weather display forums to ask the author if he has assigned the second soil moisture sensor from a Davis to one of these files.
                          Jon

Comment

Jon - how does the "Weather Display" software get data from a PWS?

Comment

That depends on the PWS. Most are local connection.

The list of supported stations can be found here: http://www.weather-display.com/supported.php
                              Jon

Comment

hi jon

im having a similar problem to one of above posts - when the value is whole number ie decimal 0, the
                                device string shows correctly (eg 11.0 ) however the device value shows incorrect (eg 110)
                                note that it ONLY does this for when device value has a decimal 0
                                for all other decimal values 1 to 9 - it displays the value (& string) correctly.
                                Its doing it for temperature, wind, barometer etc ... so common for any of the different devices.
                                Im using HS3 latest, and wdisplay latest - both running on same Win 7 (ultimate) PC - with "english australia" language/regional settings.

given that decimal values 1 to 9 are working correctly - it doesnt seem logical that its related to decimal separator? language? regional settings?

herewith a pic of one of the devices - showing the string 11.0 but value 110
                                ( i have other pics if required that show it correctly for decimal values 1 to 9)

hoping you can help identify if its error on my side or ?

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X