No announcement yet.

Jon00 Weather Display For Homeseer 2, 3 & 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The clientraw.txt file always outputs the time in 24 hour format regardless of WD settings. The only way would be to update the script to provide another hour tag which displays the time in 12 hour format.
    Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
      The clientraw.txt file always outputs the time in 24 hour format regardless of WD settings. The only way would be to update the script to provide another hour tag which displays the time in 12 hour format.
      OK, not an issue. Just curious.
      Thanks,
      Barry

Comment

I'll put it on the to do list. Simple to implement....
        Jon

Comment

V1.0.3 (HS2) and V1.0.2 (HS3) now available.

I've now added two more tags for the update time to also display the hour in 12 hour format and also add a AM PM flag.

If updating, you just need to replace the script with the latest version.

Change [Device1] in the ini file to:

[Device1]
          DeviceName="Updated"
          ImageName="timedate.png"
          DeviceText="<$74> <$29A>:<$30>:<$31> <$AMPM>"
          DeviceValue=""

Relates to both HS2 and HS3 versions.
          Jon

Comment

Perfect! Thanks once again for this great script.
            Barry

Comment

Hi Jon,

I'm sorry to have to ask, but I'm having difficulty getting this running. I'm getting the following log error when I run the script:

May-26 10:29:45 PM Error Compiling script /home/pi/HomeSeer/scripts/Jon00WeatherDisplay.vben: Replace (System.String, System.String)
              May-26 10:29:45 PM Error Compiling script /home/pi/HomeSeer/scripts/Jon00WeatherDisplay.vben: Replace (System.Char, System.Char)
              May-26 10:29:45 PM Error Compiling script /home/pi/HomeSeer/scripts/Jon00WeatherDisplay.vben: '(System.String, System.Int32)' of 2 initial candidates
              May-26 10:29:45 PM Error Compiling script /home/pi/HomeSeer/scripts/Jon00WeatherDisplay.vben: After removing narrowing (except object) candidates for method 'Replace', nothing was found
              May-26 10:29:45 PM Error Compiling script /home/pi/HomeSeer/scripts/Jon00WeatherDisplay.vben: Function without an 'As' clause; Object return type assumed.
              May-26 10:29:45 PM Error Compiling script /home/pi/HomeSeer/scripts/Jon00WeatherDisplay.vben: Function without an 'As' clause; Object return type assumed.
              May-26 10:29:45 PM Error Compiling script /home/pi/HomeSeer/scripts/Jon00WeatherDisplay.vben: The import 'System.Core' could not be found.
              May-26 10:29:38 PM Event Event Weather Weather Display Pull triggered by the event page 'Run' button.

I have tried pointing the configuration to the default site (jaxweather) as well as my own website's clientraw.txt file as well as the clientraw.txt file on my windows weather server - all with the same outcome. I did use the parser tool you mentioned in the help file and the parser finds and parses my website's raw file without issue. I'm almost certain it's something I'm not doing here. Do the above errors give you and clues?

I'm running HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.163 (Linux) on an RPi2. I have not fiddled with any settings in the ini file Jon00WeatherDisplayHS3.ini file other than the path. I did not alter the Jon00WeatherDisplayDataHS3.ini file at all.

Thank you for any time and guidance you can provide.

Brian

Comment

To be honest, I don't know. I have this running on Ubuntu running HS Version 3.0.0.146 without issue. It is also working on the latest HS build with Windows.

I'm not sure what else I can do as I don't have your hardware/software to test this on.

Make sure you have installed the complete version of mono i.e.

sudo apt-get install mono-complete
                Jon

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, I didn't have any luck. I applied several updates, both to Linux and to HS. I'll keep trying though. :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Wrong unit on wind speed ?

Hi,
                    Thanks for a great plugin.
                    Seems that I can't get right unit for wind speed.
                    This is in your .ini
                    [Info]
                    Version=1.0.3
                    [ClientrawData]
                    0=12345
                    1=5.2
                    2=5.2
                    5.2 is what I can see in kts if I compare to WD.
                    Data to logfile in WD is set to metric

Comment

If I understand you correctly, the value is correct (5.2) but the unit text is not?

Open up Jon00WeatherDisplayHS3.ini and look at the entries under [Settings]

You can set the Wind Speed unit text to whatever you want i.e.

WindUnitText="Kts"

or:

WindUnitText="Knots"
                      Jon

Comment

Ok, no I meant the value but it's ok. Was my fault, It's windy and hadn't update the running of the script.
                        Now next question. Is it possible for you (have the time) to had a selection for the unit: m/sec? (Kts to m/sec)
                        m/sec is standard for showing wind-speed here in Sweden
                        http://www.aqua-calc.com/convert/spe...ter-per-second

Comment

Yes, No problem. Already done. Please send me an email and I will send it to you for testing.
                          Jon

Comment

Thanks, sent you a email

Comment

Thanks, It work's but it seems to be one point (decimal) wrong
                              43,2 m/sec (Hurricane) Utility Jon00 WDisplay Wind Speed
                              Should be 4,3
                              I will also check the other conversions you have, maybe they also are wrong? Have seen strange values when testing I think, need to check again to be shure.

Comment

I would check the Wind speed value within clientraw.txt. All I do is multiply it by 0.514444444 to get the m/sec value.
                                Jon

Comment

Working...
                                X