Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jon00
    replied
    Download V1.0.2 of the HS2 version and just replace the script.

Open up your Jon00WeatherDisplay.ini file in Notepad.

Under [Settings] add:
    DeviceStringMode="1"

Then save and run the event.

Does it now show up in HST? Sorry but I cannot test as I do not use HSTouch

Leave a comment:

• W4ZOO
    replied
    Thanks for the Weather Display script. I was using a very old script that came with Weather Display homeseersetup.zip, worked great, It even showed up in HStouch with the default XML,

Ive installed your script and it works very well,looks much nicer and has many options.
    The devices show up on HStouch but with no info,
    When I look at the devices that were created under additional info

it shows Status has 17 = Unknown
    where it says "string" it shows the correct icon "Dry"

Is there any simple solution HA HA HA
    I'm not digging into the designer

Ken

HS2 latest beta
    thanks in advance...

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    I've updated both the HS2 and HS3 versions to correct the device value metrics bug. I would also suggest that you upgrade the ini file as I found a few typos which will affect things.

The HS2 version now has a multiplier setting per device (rather than preset to 100) which is used to store decimal values in the integer based device value.

For example you may have a daily rain value of 0.006 inches. Setting the multiplier value to 1000 for this metric will store the value 6 (0.006 X 1000)

Leave a comment:

• Wadenut
    replied
    Originally posted by jon00 View Post
    Yup that's a nasty bug... it looks like the conversion routine for the tags (i.e. MM to inches) is being called again if you use that tag more than once which happens for the device value. Unfortunately this will have to wait until the weekend until I can look at this.
    No rush. So long as you're aware of it. For myself, I won't have the station before next week sometime anyway.
    I'm working backwards. HS Script --> WD setup --> ready to plug in the hardware and go. Next is an HSTouch project to get ready for the new data.

On aside. I'll have a lot less data crunching and database management to do in HS, between your script and all that WD does that up until now I've had HS doing itself.
    - Tracking High/Low Temperatures & record breaking temps.
    - Monthly and Annual Rainfall
    - High wind per month/year
    - Maintaining a monthly weather database
    - Uploading to Weather Underground
    - probably more.

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    Yup that's a nasty bug... it looks like the conversion routine for the tags (i.e. MM to inches) is being called again if you use that tag more than once which happens for the device value. Unfortunately this will have to wait until the weekend until I can look at this.

Leave a comment:

• Wadenut
    replied
    Last edited by Wadenut; July 10, 2014, 11:06 AM.

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    This is primarily designed for owners of Weather Display software and using their own data. The file used is updated every 3 seconds so you can get very up-to-date data from your weather station depending on the make.

That said, it is possible to tap into Weather Display owner web sites who ftp this data (normally every 3 - 10 seconds) for their own web site real-time pages. There is a list here which may be suitable. Obviously you are potentially using someone's web site bandwidth if you tap into this file and keep polling the data every minute.

Leave a comment:

• langenet
    replied
    It's great that you still support HS2.

I am however confused with respect to WD. I see that the application can read data from various stations (somehow connected to HS) as well as a URL as just mentioned. What's the advantage of using WD and/or this plugin as appose to the other various weather plugins offered?
    For myself, my biggest issue is getting accurate rainfall data. Environment Canada seems to show it, but various Weatherbug stations don't.
    Can this help and if so how do I know where to pull the data from assuming I use a URL?

Thanks
    Robert

Leave a comment:

• ORNVM
    replied
    I'm pulling it from a remote URL of a station I manage at work. Same feed that is driving our weather display live ui.

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    There are now versions for both Homeseer 2 and Homeseer 3 available.

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    Thanks very much. Are you getting the data via the files directly or via a URL?

Leave a comment:

• ORNVM
    replied
    Installed this tonight, so far working great, thanks!

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    started a topic Jon00 Weather Display For Homeseer 2, 3 & 4

Jon00 Weather Display For Homeseer 2, 3 & 4

This script will read data from Weather Display software and present them in Homeseer 2 and/or 3 via virtual devices.

Rather than use dailylogcsv.csv to obtain data, this version uses clientraw.txt and clientrawextra.txt which provides hundreds of potential metrics from the software This data is uploaded by many weather display station owners to their web sites so it is possible to use these feeds directly without owning the software!

The script is extremely configurable allowing you to create your own devices with any data and icons as you like. The package comes with a basic configuration which should be suitable for most applications.

This should be compatible with HS3 Linux users including the Zee and Pi.

As always it is available from my site (click on my banner below).
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jon00; July 9, 2014, 03:28 PM.
Working...
X