Jon00 Process Monitor for Homeseer 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jon00 Process Monitor for Homeseer 3

This unmanaged plugin enables you to monitor processes running on your Homeseer 3 Windows PC/Server. Metrics include memory usage and Average CPU utilisation. These can be used to trigger events/scripts and stop/restart processes when reaching pre-defined high and/or low values. This is intended to monitor processes other than Homeseer 3 as this can be achieved by using my Performance Monitor plugin which has many more metrics available.

The Plugin has the following features:

Process monitoring:Graphing:Values:Triggering:Logging:
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jon00; September 3, 2014, 04:08 PM.
    Jon

Jon,
    I have been chasing a bug in my HS3 X-10 plugin. The problem is intermittent and doesn't appear to be widespread - ie, I'm on the HST low priority list. I've installed the monitor and and I've gathering data on the X-10 plug-in. This is a shot in the dark, but hoping something might show up. Thanks for posting this. Really appreciate your great work.

Barry

Comment

Thanks Barry.

If you do spot an issue, you can always use it to trigger my HS plugin enable/disable utility to disable and then re-enable the X10 plugin (if that solves the issue for a while).
      Jon

Comment

Thanks! The fix so far has been to shut down and restart the plug-in. I'm now using HS2 to send a command that should trigger an HS3 event. I start a timer and if it exceeds the time period of the HS2 event, I know the plug-in has stopped working and I get an email. I'll download your plug-in utility and stop/restart the plug-in.

That is a real help!

Barry

Comment

I tried it over the weekend to monitor 5 plugins (CPU + Private Working Set = 10 devices). I noticed that Jon00ProcessMonHS3.exe is almost constantly busy using ~25% of the CPUs; is this expected?

Comment

Well this is embarrassing The high CPU issue was identified some time ago but it looks like I never updated the downloads page with the new version! I'll rectify this tonight.
            Jon

Comment

Originally posted by pcp View Post
              I tried it over the weekend to monitor 5 plugins (CPU + Private Working Set = 10 devices). I noticed that Jon00ProcessMonHS3.exe is almost constantly busy using ~25% of the CPUs; is this expected?
              Try V1.0.1 which should resolve this issue.
              Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                Try V1.0.1 which should resolve this issue.
                Thanks; I just installed it a few minutes ago and it is using far less CPU cycles.

Is there a way to monitor handle counts (of plugins for example)? I have not seen it in the documentation and would be an interesting add-on.

Comment

Is there a way to monitor handle counts (of plugins for example)? I have not seen it in the documentation and would be an interesting add-on.
                  No, however when I get some free time, I'll see if this can be added.
                  Jon

Comment

Thanks; I just installed it a few minutes ago and it is using far less CPU cycles.

Try V1.0.2 which now has process thread and handle count metrics available to monitor.
                    Jon

Comment

Try V1.0.2 which now has process thread and handle count metrics available to monitor.
                      Thanks! I installed it last night added thread and handle count monitoring and is working fine.

Comment

Thanks! I installed it last night added thread and handle count monitoring and is working fine.
                        Good stuff.... Do you suspect a handle leak in a plugin?
                        Jon

Comment

Good stuff.... Do you suspect a handle leak in a plugin?
                          No I don't have any specific indication but want to monitor it for a while (especially the five plugins I wrote ). HS3 is much better in this regards compared to HS2.

Comment

Hi Jon,

Thanks for making this available. It's working well for me, except one issue, for the Private Working Set graphs, it always shows as Process not running. All the other graphs are working fine. I've tried it for hs3, explorer and a few others processes and that graph does not work for any of them. I'm running HS3 on XP 32 bit. Any ideas?

Thanks
                            Al

From ini file:

Code:
                            [ProcessMemory2]
                            Process=explorer
                            Enabled=1
                            MemoryType=1
                            Graphbgcolor=#5e697a
                            Graphgif=green.gif
                            Showlowhighvalues=1
                            Showaveragevalue=1
                            Showaveragesessionvalue=0
                            Averagerange=3
                            Highvaluetrigger=99999
                            Highvaluereset=-1
                            RunEventHigh="Not set"
                            RunScriptHigh="Not set"
                            Reboothigh=0
                            ProcessActionHigh=0
                            Lowvaluetrigger=-99999
                            Lowvaluereset=-1
                            RunEventLow="Not set"
                            RunScriptLow="Not set"
                            Rebootlow=0
                            ProcessActionLow=0
                            Logging=1
                            Markerheight=30
                            Markerduration=0
                            Markerimagefile=white.gif
                            Markertype=1
                            Graphheight=30
                            Graphsamplesize=150
                            Heightspacer=5
                            Zoom=1
                            Hsstartmarker=1
                            ProcessPath=
                            ProcessParameters=
                            Attached Files
                            HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                            Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I have just found out that the "Working Set - Private" performance counter is not supported in XP. Apologies but you will have to rely on the "Working Set" metric (or update to Windows 7/8)
                              Jon

Comment

Working...
                              X