No announcement yet.

Jon00 Process Monitor for Homeseer 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the quick reply Jon, I'll go without for now.
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I've now updated the docs to reflect this!
      Jon

Comment

Jon,

I'm using this to monitor if a process is actually running or not (not necessarily the CPU).

1) Is there a more efficient way to check if just a process is running?
        2) If not, can you set the value to -1 or something if the process is not running? This way I can run events based on it.

My use case: I noticed my Plex Media server wasn't running today. Not a huge issue for in my house because I can just start it up. However, my mom and brother use it so I would like a way to be notified if for some reason the process is not running (I will likely check for the value to be -1 for a period of time).

Comment

You may be better using this: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=124787
          Jon

Comment

I am trying to add a process monitoring device to track a process running under the Java Platform SE Binary on windows and I can't get this to work.

I have tried entering the process name many ways but the PI always state that the process is not running BUT I can see it running in the task manager:

Click image for larger version

Name:	mongodb.JPG
Views:	76
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	1370801
            I Tried MongoDB, MongoDB Database Server in the Jon00ProcessMon file but none shows the device as running

[Process1]
            Enabled=1
            Process=MongoDB Database Server
            Devicename=MongoDB

and also tried

[Process1]
            Enabled=1
            Process=MongoDB
            Devicename=MongoDB

Name:	mondbdevices.JPG
Views:	78
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	1370802

Can process running under Java be tracked ?

Comment

Go to the details tab and see if you can find it there. If not, you would only be able to monitor the java app running the DB
              Jon

Comment

It is there in fact the name in the Detail page is "mongod.exe" wich I also tried in as the "Process" parameter in the config file but I still have the "process not running" when the device is created:

Name:	mongodb.JPG
Views:	86
Size:	15.8 KB
ID:	1370812

Name:	mondbdevices.JPG
Views:	81
Size:	14.7 KB
ID:	1370813

[Process1]
                Enabled=1
                Process=mongod.exe
                Devicename=MongoDB

Comment

I think the process name would be mongod not mongod.exe
                  Jon

Comment

jon00 That was it ...

By the way I see that the PI can restart a process if values are High, is it possible in the plugin to restart another process than the one set in the "Name" without going through a script ?

My problem here is that the mongod process is started by my unify controler and if I only stop/restart the mongod precess the Unify controler gets confused and if i stop/start the unify controler than it automatically stop the mangod pocess and restart it and then everything works correctly

Comment

No, however you could use my Application/Process Control to run via an event triggered by Process monitor
                      Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                        No, however you could use my Application/Process Control to run via an event triggered by Process monitor
                        Will try this, thanks for all the help

Comment

Working...
                        X