No announcement yet.

Jon00 File Watcher for Homeseer 3 & Homeseer 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Jon. I just got a false alarm with file watcher using the >10% test. My log triggered:
    Jan-07 6:25:07 PM Event Event Trigger "File Watcher File Watcher Insteon"
    Jan-07 6:25:07 PM Jon00_FWatcher Insteon.ini file changed >10%

My config for the file is:
    [File2]
    FilePath="C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Config\Insteon.ini"
    IncludeSubDirectories=0
    FileSizeFilter= >10%
    EventType=
    Logging=0
    LogCSV=0
    NotifyFilter=
    CreateDevices=AD
    ReTriggerTime=10000
    EventName="File Watcher Insteon"
    ScriptName=
    SubName=
    Parameters=
    LogText=Insteon.ini file changed >10%

But the file being measure is 124KB as is the .tmp version of the file and the same for all versions saved from the last five days. So there appears to be no material change in file size but File watcher triggered.
    This is the first event I have seen since I began beta testing and I will continue to watch it.
    Happy new year
    Jono

Comment

It is possible as the tmp file may first be deleted by a file operation before the new one is saved. For a better understanding on this, please read the remarks section at the end of the documentation and then change EventType=2. This will then prevent triggering except from file changed operations. If it does happens again, enable logging again to see the calculations on why it triggered.
      Jon

Comment

V1.3.0 is now available.

Changes since V1.1.0:

Several bug fixes when triggering on sub directories under [File2] to [File10] settings.
        Virtual devices can now show either the file path and file name or just the file name on triggered files.
        Jon

Comment

Working...
        X