No announcement yet.

Jon00 File Watcher for Homeseer 3 & Homeseer 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So giving this some thought, can you monitor for a new file? I'm thinking in the case of security where someone through numerous portals, injects a file into your system.

Rob
    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
      So giving this some thought, can you monitor for a new file? I'm thinking in the case of security where someone through numerous portals, injects a file into your system.

Rob
      ...only if you monitored a directory and none of the files in that directory changed.
      Jon

Comment

thanks Jon. In the case of monitoring a directory, are sub directories also monitored or should each sub directory get specified for monitoring. Sorry for all the questions. .I haven't yet given your plugin a try.
        HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

No, only the actual files within a directory. Each sub directory would need to be monitored as well.
          Jon

Comment

New or Deleted File NOT Detected

I am running HS3 Pro 3.0.0.97.

It seems that the FileWatcher Plugin works fine to see that a file has changed size but if a new file by the name in the configuration appears or is deleted then no action is triggered.

Is there a way to handle New and Deleted files?

Thanks.

Comment

If you have no other files changing in the directory, try changing the filename to *.* which may work.
              Jon

Comment

FTP?

Would this work on an FTP server path using a windows box? I'm looking at buying new cameras with PIRs. However, most cameras only send either an e-mail trigger (which is slow since HomeSeer can't check e-mail every second) or FTP notifications.

I can't figure out a way though to get HomeSeer to trigger on an FTP notification so I thought this plugin might work?

Comment

As the file is just being stored to a Windows folder, It should work fine.
                  Jon

Comment

I set up a FTP on my secondary hard drive using FileZilla and this plugin works like a charm for triggering events. It's great for detecting images from security cameras that upload via ftp to the server/windows box (using *.* as a wildcard on the ftp folder).

I figured out it doesn't work with .asp scripts, only vb (and perhaps C#).

Thanks
                    Last edited by nmaycher; September 25, 2015, 06:50 AM.

Comment

Jon,

Is there a limit to the retriggering time period in the INI file? Can't it be set to, for example, one hour? I can't find any information regarding this in de manual.

Regards,

Comment

Originally posted by psmaaswinkel View Post
                        Jon,

Is there a limit to the retriggering time period in the INI file? Can't it be set to, for example, one hour? I can't find any information regarding this in de manual.

Regards,
                        I cannot see that would be an issue as each watched file runs in its own thread.
                        Jon

Comment

Jon00FileWatcherlog - swelled to 6GB

I just updated HS3 to .312 and therefore also updated Filewatcher by copying the DLL files into the C:\Jon00FileWatcher folder. That's when I noticed the Jon00FileWatcherlog.txt file had swelled to 6GB. The file is so large I could only open it using "Large Text Files Reader." Anyway, this is what was showing up in the first few thousand lines:

Code:
                          2/13/2017 2:40:30 PM Error in HSConnect: System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
                             at System.Threading.Thread.StartInternal(IPrincipal principal, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
                             at System.Threading.Thread.Start(StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
                             at System.Threading.Thread.Start()
                             at HSCF.Threading.QueueProcessorThread`1.Start()
                             at HSCF.Communication.ScsServices.Communication.RequestReplyMessenger`1.Start()
                             at HSCF.Communication.ScsServices.Client.ScsServiceClient`1..ctor(IScsClient client, Object clientObject)
                             at HSCF.Communication.ScsServices.Client.ScsServiceClientBuilder.CreateClient[T](ScsEndPoint endpoint, Object clientObject)
                             at Jon00FileWatcherHS3.Form1.䨒菉殲Ȉ逢鮍峞⿢()
                          2/13/2017 2:40:30 PM Error in HSConnect: System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
                             at System.Threading.Thread.StartInternal(IPrincipal principal, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
                             at System.Threading.Thread.Start(StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
                             at System.Threading.Thread.Start()
                             at HSCF.Threading.QueueProcessorThread`1.Start()
                             at HSCF.Communication.ScsServices.Communication.RequestReplyMessenger`1.Start()
                             at HSCF.Communication.ScsServices.Client.ScsServiceClient`1..ctor(IScsClient client, Object clientObject)
                             at HSCF.Communication.ScsServices.Client.ScsServiceClientBuilder.CreateClient[T](ScsEndPoint endpoint, Object clientObject)
                             at Jon00FileWatcherHS3.Form1.䨒菉殲Ȉ逢鮍峞⿢()
                          Any idea what happened? HS3 and my Win10 system (16GB RAM) kept running fine since this happened starting on 2/13. But the error log was being rewritten that entire time until I killed Jon00FileWatcherHS3.exe as part of the HS3 upgrade. process. Ironically, I was using Filewatcher to monitor the jon00dbchart error log from swelling. I'm not sure how I should monitor Jon00FileWatcherlog.txt from going haywire...

Thanks!

Current Date/Time: 3/1/2017 6:01:46 PM
                          HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.312
                          Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
                          System Uptime: 0 Days 0 Hours 30 Minutes 4 Seconds
                          IP Address:
                          Number of Devices: 157
                          Number of Events: 117
                          Available Threads: 800

Enabled Plug-Ins
                          3.0.0.24: EnvisaLinkAdemco
                          3.0.0.68: HSTouch Server
                          3.0.0.13: ImperiHome
                          0.0.0.25: Pushover 3P
                          3.0.2.8: SDJ-Health
                          3.0.3.3: Tasker Plugin
                          3.0.1.87: Z-Wave

Comment

No idea at the moment....Can you revert back to the old Homeseer dll's to see if that resolves the memory issue.
                            Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                              No idea at the moment....Can you revert back to the old Homeseer dll's to see if that resolves the memory issue.

The error occurred when running the previous production version of HS3. I only noticed when upgrading to the new version. Sorry for confusion.

Comment

I just reviewed HS3 logs. I think I shutdown HS3 via hs.shutdown in control panel at 14:27 (don't remember why - maybe restarted Win10 for patches?) and didn't restart HS3 until 14:57. That Filewatcher error started at 14:40 so I guess it didn't shutdown with HS3? Or it started automatically on Win10 restart? And then it just looped into that connect error and ran out of memory (and therefore was not able to reconnect when HS3 was restarted).

Comment

Working...
                                X