• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jon00
    replied
    V1.3.0 is now available.

Changes since V1.1.0:

Several bug fixes when triggering on sub directories under [File2] to [File10] settings.
    Virtual devices can now show either the file path and file name or just the file name on triggered files.

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    It is possible as the tmp file may first be deleted by a file operation before the new one is saved. For a better understanding on this, please read the remarks section at the end of the documentation and then change EventType=2. This will then prevent triggering except from file changed operations. If it does happens again, enable logging again to see the calculations on why it triggered.

Leave a comment:

• jono
    replied
    Hi Jon. I just got a false alarm with file watcher using the >10% test. My log triggered:
    Jan-07 6:25:07 PM Event Event Trigger "File Watcher File Watcher Insteon"
    Jan-07 6:25:07 PM Jon00_FWatcher Insteon.ini file changed >10%

My config for the file is:
    [File2]
    FilePath="C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Config\Insteon.ini"
    IncludeSubDirectories=0
    FileSizeFilter= >10%
    EventType=
    Logging=0
    LogCSV=0
    NotifyFilter=
    CreateDevices=AD
    ReTriggerTime=10000
    EventName="File Watcher Insteon"
    ScriptName=
    SubName=
    Parameters=
    LogText=Insteon.ini file changed >10%

But the file being measure is 124KB as is the .tmp version of the file and the same for all versions saved from the last five days. So there appears to be no material change in file size but File watcher triggered.
    This is the first event I have seen since I began beta testing and I will continue to watch it.
    Happy new year
    Jono

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    Version 1.1.0 is now available.

Please see the updated first post on this thread regarding its capabilities: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/3r...-2-3#post82733

This is a major upgrade with many more features to improve flexibility and has been tested in HS4.

Note: If updating from 1.0.X, please read the documentation as additional files need to be added/copied.

As usual, it can be downloaded from my site. Click on my banner below for access.

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    Originally posted by jono View Post

Absolutely! Thank you Jon!
    Sorry, this took much longer than expected. I decided to give this a major overhaul with many more features. I'll send you a PM shortly with a download link.

Leave a comment:

• jono
    replied
    Originally posted by jon00 View Post

OK, I've had a look and have updated this to include this feature plus some other changes to make it more flexible. Are you willing to test once I have updated the documentation etc?
    Absolutely! Thank you Jon!

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    Hi Jon,
    I'm using the File Watcher to monitor some config files. I have had some times (following an improper shutdown) when the config file loses most of its content. Some of these config files (Mark Sandler's Insteon, BLDSC) have normal and modest changes. So I was wondering if File Watcher could be modified to only trigger when the file size has changed by a certain percentage. For example, changes under 10% won't trigger, but changes greater than 10% would trigger.
    OK, I've had a look and have updated this to include this feature plus some other changes to make it more flexible. Are you willing to test once I have updated the documentation etc?

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    Hi Jon,
    I'm using the File Watcher to monitor some config files. I have had some times (following an improper shutdown) when the config file loses most of its content. Some of these config files (Mark Sandler's Insteon, BLDSC) have normal and modest changes. So I was wondering if File Watcher could be modified to only trigger when the file size has changed by a certain percentage. For example, changes under 10% won't trigger, but changes greater than 10% would trigger.
    No, it can only monitor a change in the file, not its size. I expect additional code could be added to do this but my spare time will need to be used to upgrade some of my existing HS3 offerings to also work under HS4.

Leave a comment:

• jono
    replied
    Hi Jon,

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    Originally posted by Bobone View Post
    Great app!
    What is the unit for the ReTriggerTime?
    I was guessing milliseconds, but get triggers more of than the minute I want.
    From the docs:

ReTriggerTime="<optional time in Milliseconds before retrigger can occur>"

By default, Retriggering cannot reoccur until 2000mSecs (2 Seconds) has elapsed.

You can override this by entering the delay in milliseconds here.

Example:

ReTriggerTime="5000"

Leave a comment:

• Bobone
    replied
    Great app!
    What is the unit for the ReTriggerTime?
    I was guessing milliseconds, but get triggers more of than the minute I want.

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    You should be able to monitor all files with the same file extension by using a wildcard i.e. c:\Movies\*.MP4

The plugin will keep triggering (set by the re-trigger time setting) whilst the file is being written but you would have to sort out the logic once the file is complete and then stops triggering. Can't help with the filename as written.

Leave a comment:

• ServiceXp
    replied
    Is it possible for the plugin to monitor a directory? This is what I'm looking to do:

Watch a video recording folder, and when any new file appears and is NOT increasing in size for x seconds (the recording system writes to the file until complete) then trigger an event with the file name?

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    Originally posted by fcol View Post
    I just updated HS3 to .312 and therefore also updated Filewatcher by copying the DLL files into the C:\Jon00FileWatcher folder. That's when I noticed the Jon00FileWatcherlog.txt file had swelled to 6GB. The file is so large I could only open it using "Large Text Files Reader." Anyway, this is what was showing up in the first few thousand lines:

Any idea what happened? HS3 and my Win10 system (16GB RAM) kept running fine since this happened starting on 2/13. But the error log was being rewritten that entire time until I killed Jon00FileWatcherHS3.exe as part of the HS3 upgrade. process. Ironically, I was using Filewatcher to monitor the jon00dbchart error log from swelling. I'm not sure how I should monitor Jon00FileWatcherlog.txt from going haywire...

Thanks!

Current Date/Time: 3/1/2017 6:01:46 PM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.312
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
    System Uptime: 0 Days 0 Hours 30 Minutes 4 Seconds
    IP Address:
    Number of Devices: 157
    Number of Events: 117
    Available Threads: 800

Enabled Plug-Ins
    3.0.0.24: EnvisaLinkAdemco
    3.0.0.68: HSTouch Server
    3.0.0.13: ImperiHome
    0.0.0.25: Pushover 3P
    3.0.2.8: SDJ-Health
    3.0.3.3: Tasker Plugin
    3.0.1.87: Z-Wave
    Please try V1.0.3 on my site. Hopefully this will have fixed any memory leaks when Homeseer is not running.

Leave a comment:

• fcol
    replied
    Cool - thanks. I'm not software guy so I can't offer real help.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X