Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jon00
    replied
    As the file is just being stored to a Windows folder, It should work fine.

Leave a comment:

• nmaycher
    replied
    FTP?

Would this work on an FTP server path using a windows box? I'm looking at buying new cameras with PIRs. However, most cameras only send either an e-mail trigger (which is slow since HomeSeer can't check e-mail every second) or FTP notifications.

I can't figure out a way though to get HomeSeer to trigger on an FTP notification so I thought this plugin might work?

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    If you have no other files changing in the directory, try changing the filename to *.* which may work.

Leave a comment:

• mstrickland
    replied
    New or Deleted File NOT Detected

I am running HS3 Pro 3.0.0.97.

It seems that the FileWatcher Plugin works fine to see that a file has changed size but if a new file by the name in the configuration appears or is deleted then no action is triggered.

Is there a way to handle New and Deleted files?

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    No, only the actual files within a directory. Each sub directory would need to be monitored as well.

Leave a comment:

• langenet
    replied
    thanks Jon. In the case of monitoring a directory, are sub directories also monitored or should each sub directory get specified for monitoring. Sorry for all the questions. .I haven't yet given your plugin a try.

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    Originally posted by langenet View Post
    So giving this some thought, can you monitor for a new file? I'm thinking in the case of security where someone through numerous portals, injects a file into your system.

Rob
    ...only if you monitored a directory and none of the files in that directory changed.

Leave a comment:

• langenet
    replied
    So giving this some thought, can you monitor for a new file? I'm thinking in the case of security where someone through numerous portals, injects a file into your system.

Rob

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    No,

Have a look at BLLogMonitor: http://board.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1021

Leave a comment:

• Fischi
    replied
    Hi Jon,

I want to monitor the log file of Barry Gordon's ProntoPAL program.
    I want to trigger an event if a specific word occurs in the log file.
    (not ANY changes.)
    Is this also possible ?

Regards, Fischi

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    Right - Googling shows lots of issues with Office files due to their use of hidden files and then renaming.

Not Ideal, but you can monitor an entire folder using *.* to replace the filename and that seems to work.

Leave a comment:

• will40
    replied
    Originally posted by jon00 View Post
    I thought I had rectified that issue with the latest version (1.0.2)....it is a known problem with the .NET routine that does this. What file are you monitoring?
    I am monitoring an excel file (.xls) and it works great but triggers twice. Once when it is opened and again when it is closed (not saved).

I did more testing..

It will not trigger at all for a MS Word .doc or .docx file

It will trigger only once for a .txt file though.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    Originally posted by Automated View Post
    Hi Jon. Thank you for continuing to support HS2. I wish more developers would follow your lead, since HS3 is still so bug ridden.
    No problem

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    Originally posted by will40 View Post
    Jon

Great idea. I tried it today, the trigger works perfectly on file change.

Problem I have is that it double triggers. I tried delaying re-triggers but no help.

Is this something you have seen before?

Will
    I thought I had rectified that issue with the latest version (1.0.2)....it is a known problem with the .NET routine that does this. What file are you monitoring?

Leave a comment:

• Automated
    replied
    Hi Jon. Thank you for continuing to support HS2. I wish more developers would follow your lead, since HS3 is still so bug ridden.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X