No announcement yet.

Jon00 SpeedFan Monitor For Homeseer 3 & Homeseer 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, there is more on AV warnings at the top of my downloads page.
    Jon

Comment

Jon,

Thanks for the info regarding the AV warnings. I have installed the application jon00Speedfanmonitor.exe into the suggested location of c:\Jon00Speedfan. Along with this file, I have copied HomeSeerAPI.dll, HSCF.dll, Scheduler.dll, and the supplied Settings file. I edited the settings file as follows:

HS3HostAdd=192.168.1.176
      SpeedFanPath=C:\Program Files (x86)\SpeedFan
      Duration=15
      ClientNo=1

I then copied the 4 INI files into HS3\config, and copied the image files into HS3\html\images\Devices\jon00\speedfan.

I started up SpeedFan.exe, as well as jon00Speedfanmonitor.exe, and restarted HS3. I did observe an entry in the log: Jon00_Speedfan Client1 connected to Homeser, so it appears to be connected. The issue I am having is that I am not getting any SpeddFan devices added into my Device Configuration Page. I am logging devices in SpeedFan, and it is updating with time. I have updated the HS3\config\Jon00SpeedFan1.ini as follows:

[Settings]
      PCName=HA-PC, which is a name I tend to refer to it, but it is not a formal name. The INI file has not had any Sensors added to it, and each sensor line still looks like this:

[Sensor1]
      Sensor=

So it appears that it has not found the SpeedFan CSV file to populate the INI file with. I am not sure what I have managed to do wrong, but I sure could use some assistance in figuring it out.

Thanks Jon!

Comment

Problem Solved!

I reinstalled everything again from scratch, and it now appears to be working as advertised. I had been running SpeedFan in HS2, but since my migration, I missed the application, as I have my equipment in a relatively sealed rack, with a variable speed fan, and adjusting the speed of the exhaust fan based on system temperature is a MUST for me. I had been running with the doors to the equipment rack open, which was not appreciated by the wife! LOL! Now I can close them, and she will be happy.

Thanks again Jon!

Comment

Version 1.0.1. is now available:

Changes from 1.0.0:

Full compatibility with HS4
          New Icons provided (existing icons are still available)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	37
Size:	443.8 KB
ID:	1424807
          Jon

Comment

Working...
          X