No announcement yet.

Jon00 SpeedFan Monitor For Homeseer 3 & Homeseer 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, there is more on AV warnings at the top of my downloads page.
    Jon

Comment

Jon,

Thanks for the info regarding the AV warnings. I have installed the application jon00Speedfanmonitor.exe into the suggested location of c:\Jon00Speedfan. Along with this file, I have copied HomeSeerAPI.dll, HSCF.dll, Scheduler.dll, and the supplied Settings file. I edited the settings file as follows:

HS3HostAdd=192.168.1.176
      SpeedFanPath=C:\Program Files (x86)\SpeedFan
      Duration=15
      ClientNo=1

I then copied the 4 INI files into HS3\config, and copied the image files into HS3\html\images\Devices\jon00\speedfan.

I started up SpeedFan.exe, as well as jon00Speedfanmonitor.exe, and restarted HS3. I did observe an entry in the log: Jon00_Speedfan Client1 connected to Homeser, so it appears to be connected. The issue I am having is that I am not getting any SpeddFan devices added into my Device Configuration Page. I am logging devices in SpeedFan, and it is updating with time. I have updated the HS3\config\Jon00SpeedFan1.ini as follows:

[Settings]
      PCName=HA-PC, which is a name I tend to refer to it, but it is not a formal name. The INI file has not had any Sensors added to it, and each sensor line still looks like this:

[Sensor1]
      Sensor=

So it appears that it has not found the SpeedFan CSV file to populate the INI file with. I am not sure what I have managed to do wrong, but I sure could use some assistance in figuring it out.

Thanks Jon!

Comment

Problem Solved!

I reinstalled everything again from scratch, and it now appears to be working as advertised. I had been running SpeedFan in HS2, but since my migration, I missed the application, as I have my equipment in a relatively sealed rack, with a variable speed fan, and adjusting the speed of the exhaust fan based on system temperature is a MUST for me. I had been running with the doors to the equipment rack open, which was not appreciated by the wife! LOL! Now I can close them, and she will be happy.

Thanks again Jon!

Comment

Version 1.0.1. is now available:

Changes from 1.0.0:

Full compatibility with HS4
          New Icons provided (existing icons are still available)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	148
Size:	443.8 KB
ID:	1424807
          Jon

Comment

Hey jon00 I installed the speedfan utility to start installing this, but I'm not getting any fan info, just CPU and Harddrive temps. I have an asus gaming motherboard that has it's own fan utility. Would this cause issues? I would like to be able to run both so I can monitor from HomeSeer. Any ideas? Thanks!

EDIT: I looked at the speedfan compatibility list and it seems pretty small - and maybe really out of date? I guess unless your utility works with an alternative I might be out of luck.

Comment

No, this was written specifically for Speedfan. If it can't read the fans, you are out of luck.
              Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                No, this was written specifically for Speedfan. If it can't read the fans, you are out of luck.
                Bummer. Okay. Well, it was worth a shot. Thanks.

Comment

Thank you, Jon00, for this wonderful little program! Is there a way to reset the "High" and "Low" values showed in device?
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-03-12 170656.png
Views:	126
Size:	5.9 KB
ID:	1531631​​​

Comment

The values are stored in the Jon00SpeedFanData1.ini file (where 1 is your client number) in your config folder.

You will have to find the correct [SensorX] headings (where X is a number) which should show:

HighValue=XXXX
                    LowValue=YYYY

Just delete the XXXX and YYYY and save. These will be reset to the current value.

If you want to do this from an event, you can do so with a couple of immediate script commands or small script to clear these values from the ini file. If you want to do that, let me know the [SensorX] headings.
                    Jon

Comment

If you want to do this from an event, you can do so with a couple of immediate script commands or small script to clear these values from the ini file. If you want to do that, let me know the [SensorX] headings.
                      Yes, please, that would be great! It's Sensor1 and Sensor2.

Comment

Originally posted by Revell View Post

Yes, please, that would be great! It's Sensor1 and Sensor2.
                        OK, copy the script below to a text editor and save it as SpeedFanHighLowReset.vb

Place this file in your Scripts directory.

Then run the script via an event when you need to.

Code:
                            Sub Main(ByVal Parm As Object)

For I As Integer = 1 To 2
                                    hs.SaveINISetting("Sensor" & I.ToString, "HighValue", "", "Jon00SpeedFanData1.ini")
                                    hs.SaveINISetting("Sensor" & I.ToString, "LowValue", "", "Jon00SpeedFanData1.ini")
                                Next

End Sub
                        Jon

Comment

Working...
                        X