Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jon00Onewire - Will this work with win7 x64

Hi All,

I have recently purchased a temperature sensor 18B20 and a 9 pin serial DS9097U 1-wire interface to run with Jon00's onewire plugin.
    Image my horror after downloading the plugin I find that LogTemp only works with a 32 bit system, Jon clearly states this in the documentation.

Extract from Jon00's documentation below

LogTemp requirements
    ? Operating system Windows 95 / 98 / ME / NT / 2000 / XP / Vista / 7
    o Only x86 (32 bit) systems
    ? MicroLAN (1-Wire) adapter connected to the computer (DS9097U, DS9097E,DS2490,DS1410)
    ? TMEX drivers, i.e. TMEX runtime environment or new 1-wire drivers
    o Works only with 32-bit drivers
    ? Supported 1-wire sensors

I did go to the LogTemp site and read Quote:- ****xxx****

LogTemp requirements

Operating system Windows 95 / 98 / ME / NT / 2000 / XP / Vista / 7
    **** Only x86 systems, although x64 with 32-bit 1-Wire drivers has been reported to work ****
    MicroLAN (1-Wire) adapter connected to the computer
    TMEX drivers, i.e. TMEX runtime environment or new 1-wire drivers
    Works only with 32-bit drivers
    Supported 1-wire sensors

I have in hope downloaded the 32 bit drivers for my x64 system.
    I think Jon00 can probably answer this with one word and it is likely to be"NO",
    if that is the case does any one have the DS9097U and a 18B20 working with HS3 on Win x64 if so which plugin etc are you using?

Any gems of information greatly appreciated.

Peter

No it does not work so your options are:

Install LogTemp on another PC on your network which is 32 bit and use UNC paths to the CSV file.

Use other applications which may require different hardware:

Arduino Plugin which supports 1-wire
    BL1Wire
    Ultra1Wire3
    Also checkout xAP and xAPmcs1Wire (not sure if this has been ported to HS3)
    Jon

Comment

Back to the drawing board then

Thanks Jon,

For the quick reply, it's what I expected, never gave it a thought that a plugin would not work on a x64 machine, have to resort to plan B whatever that is going to be!

Peter

Comment

I experimented with HS3 on my Windows 7 64bit OS. It ran OK in 32 bit mode. I also ran xapmsc1wire. I'm pretty sure it will work with HS3 and your DS1820 remperature sensors.

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
        HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
        2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Sounds promising.

Thanks Steve,

Seems there maybe a little light at the end of the tunnel.

Peter

Comment

I just tried LogTemp on my Win 7 64 bit PC with the 64 bit 1-wire drivers using a 9 pin serial DS9097U. It seems to be reading 2 DS18B20 just fine?

Last time I tried (about a year ago) it did not work so perhaps my advise is wrong now?
            Jon

Comment

Jon00Onewire - Will this work with win7 x64 - Hopefully so!

Well firstly thanks to Jon00 and Steve Q,

I have been fiddling with this and managed to get LOGTEMP running as suggested from there web page using the 32 bit drivers (does involve having a 32 bit machine), it's not actually connected to anything at the moment but looks promising.
              I am away at the moment, on a personal note, Jon the weather in Gravesend looks pretty grim out of the window!!!
              When I am back I'll try connecting a couple of DS18B20's to see how it goes and update the post.
              Jon I think you have one of these on your hot water tank or similar, out of interest how did you fix it. I was thinking of an electrical earth clamp with heat sink paste.

Peter

Comment

The flat side of the DS1820 is just cable tied against the top outlet pipe as it exits the tank. Nothing fancy here!
                Jon

Comment

Thanks Jon - nothing fancy.

Thanks Jon,

Like the nothing fancy, nice to know there is not a complex fitting proccedure.

Peter

Comment

Update - Slowly, Slowly wins the race.

Hi All,

Just to let you know I have been fiddling with the plugin today.

I had a lot of trouble with my HS machine not restarting and it proved to be something to do with LogTemp setup and DS9097E com port.
                    It would seem that I loaded and configured LogTemp okay using com 7, one of my two com ports. I then plugged my DS9097E into com 7.
                    On the first restart of the PC everything was OK but on the second restart the PC failed, this I could reproduced without fail.
                    I appear to have fixed this issue by moving the the DS9097E to com port 8 and then configuring LogTemp for com 8.
                    I have successfully now been able to restart the PC 4 times without failure.
                    As yet I have not connected any DS18b20's to the DS9097E which will of course be the proof of the pudding as to whether it will work or not.
                    Just thought I would post to let everyone know that it may be possible to get it all working on a win 7 x64 machine using both 32 and 64 bit files (I hope so).
                    Obviously I might still be wasting me time but thought it worth posting.

Also here is question number 15 from the FAQ's on the LogTemp web site.

LogTemp Windows X64

Windows x64.
                    LogTemp is a pure 32 bit Windows program, therefore requires also 32 bit 1-Wire drivers.
                    It's possible to set 32 bit drivers for x64 Windows, installing them using setup program is not possible.
                    You may set them using following steps:
                    1. Install first x64 1-Wire drivers for x64 Windows.
                    This creates required registry settings
                    2. Then, install 32 bit 1-Wire drivers for another 32 bit Windows computer system
                    3. Copy files from 32 bit Windows "C:\Windows\System32\ib*.dll" to the same location for x64 Windows.
                    There should be about 6 dll files.
                    4. LogTemp should now work with x64 Windows

Which it appears to do.

I have 5 dll's in total. Both for x32 and x64.

Peter

Comment

Working...
                    X