No announcement yet.

Jon00 BBC Weather (lite) for Homeseer 3 & Homeseer 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not quite sure what you mean. I do have the default HSTouch template loaded on Android and the data looks the same format as all others (Name of device with the value underneath).

Can you provide a screenshot?
    Jon

Comment

Originally posted by pagewrite View Post
      Hi Jon

Great script - thank you so much for creating it. Really nice to be able to use the BBC weather data in HS3. I'm a newbie with HS3 so am feeling my way a bit.

I see you're not an HST user , so this might be difficult to answer, but I try and access most of HomeSeer through HST on a day-to-day basis. When I try and display a the devicestring for a device, its as if there's a carriage return before any of the data. Is there a way to strip this carriage return off from the string? Or put it another way, is there any reason for this carriage return in the first place?

Ian
      When I loaded HSTouch for IOS, I saw the issue.

Try V1.0.2 on my site. This version should now work with HSTouch showing the actual status icon (rather than the device image) and text correctly.
      Jon

Comment

Hi Jon, thanks for this great script. Worked first time!

Is there anyway to pull the weather forecast summary for each day into a device as well?

Thanks,
        Dean
        Attached Files

Comment

The metrics for the script come from the RSS feeds which do not contain the summary unfortunately. The package name contains 'lite' for that reason.
          Your best bet is to use my data scraper script which can parse the data from the BBC website and present it as a virtual device for you.
          Jon

Comment

Hi Jon, That worked great.. .I now have the weather forecast summary in homeseer.

I've attached a screenshot and a copy on the settings from the Jon00DataScraper.ini I used in case this is of use to anyone else.

Thanks again for another very useful utility
            Dean
            Attached Files

Comment

Version 1.0.4 is now available.

This version checks compatibility for Homeseer 4 and provides a new icon set (the existing set is still included).

Click image for larger version

Name:	BBCWeatherhs3.png
Views:	175
Size:	192.9 KB
ID:	1376512Click image for larger version

Name:	BBCWeatherhs4.png
Views:	136
Size:	633.9 KB
ID:	1376513
              Jon

Comment

I did download the plugin and went through the documentation. It appears there is no hourly forecast or did I miss something? If there isn't, is there another plugin that can provide an hourly forecast? WeatherXML doesn't offer it anymore. There is a source for it but it seems the plugin developer is not going to add it.

Comment

Originally posted by mulu View Post
                  I did download the plugin and went through the documentation. It appears there is no hourly forecast or did I miss something? If there isn't, is there another plugin that can provide an hourly forecast? WeatherXML doesn't offer it anymore. There is a source for it but it seems the plugin developer is not going to add it.
                  No (hence the name lite in the title).

Sorry, can't help with other Weather plugin capabilities.
                  Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post

No (hence the name lite in the title).

Sorry, can't help with other Weather plugin capabilities.
                    With "other" I meant yours since you have others as well. But if I read the description correctly they require some hardware, software or don't apply for the US.

Comment

The majority of the others I have interface into personal weather station software including Cumulus and Weather-Display which record and display the current weather depending on your needs. As you require hourly forecasts, you need a service that provides those metrics. Free services are getting thin on the ground unfortunately and when they are free, they suddenly change the plan to paid after they get a good user base.

I used to 'scrape' the BBC web site for hourly forecasts but that got tedious when they changed the page layout. So now, I just provide the data from their XML feeds which is much more limited.
                      Jon

Comment

jon00 Thanks for the info. Maybe I will look into purchasing a weather station if their software then provides free forecast. Need to do some research on that.

Indeed, most free weather data providers seems to change to paid services sooner or later. openweathermap is one that is still free and is actually pretty neat but who knows when they start charging...

Comment

Hi! I am running HS4 now and getting these errors on the log. The files are there and are displaying properly in HS4

Time
                          From
                          Type

7/18/2020 13:07:37
                          Legacy-Plugin
                          Z-Wave
                          Device: Stair Motion Z-Wave Sensor Binary Motion Set to On/Open/Motion

7/18/2020 13:07:37
                          Legacy-Plugin
                          Z-Wave
                          Device: Stair Motion Z-Wave Home Security Set to NOTIFICATION for type Home Security, Event: Motion Detected

7/18/2020 13:07:35
                          HomeSeer
                          Warning
                          File does not exist: C:\HomeSeer HS4\html\images\Devices\jon00\Cumulus\Sun.png" border="0" >
                          HomeSeer
                          Warning
                          File does not exist: C:\HomeSeer HS4\html\images\Devices\jon00\Cumulus\Rain.png" border="0" >
                          HomeSeer
                          Warning
                          File does not exist: C:\HomeSeer HS4\html\images\Devices\jon00\Cumulus\Cloudbase.png" border="0" >

Comment

I think Racerfern has also seen this in the Cumulus plugin. It appears to be a HS4 issue because the image correctly displays.
                            Jon

Comment

Can you tell Rich about this? Or do you want me to?

Comment

Originally posted by mworsnop View Post
                                Can you tell Rich about this? Or do you want me to?
                                You may have to. I have tested this on both Windows and Linux HS4 versions and I cannot reproduce.
                                Jon

Comment

Working...
                                X