Jon00 Database Charting Utility for Homeseer 3 & Homeseer 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TC1 View Post
    Is there anyway to save presets for Dynamic Graphs? I find those infinitely more useful since one can hover over the chart and dynamically see values for say the past week. I use them extensively to troubleshoot and tune my HVAC events. But my charts contain many sensors and readings, having to setup a Dynamic chart every time I need to look at something is tedious.
    No, there are no presets.

The URL determines the chart parameters but that would include the start and end date/times. Example:

http://192.168.1.23/Jon00DBCharting....=13&sub=Chart#

You could just create URL's as follows which would define the charts but not the dates:

192.168.1.23/Jon00DBCharting.aspx?dbase=1&s1=a&s1=b&s1=e&cs=13

Then select the dates/times.

dbase=x where x is the database number

s1=a (Field 1 - Y1)
    s1=j (Field 10 - Y1)

s1=k (Field 2 - Y2)
    s1=t (Field 10 - Y2)

cs= 1 (Area chart)
    cs = 2 (Bar chart)
    Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post

No, there are no presets.

The URL determines the chart parameters but that would include the start and end date/times. Example:

http://192.168.1.23/Jon00DBCharting....=13&sub=Chart#

You could just create URL's as follows which would define the charts but not the dates:

192.168.1.23/Jon00DBCharting.aspx?dbase=1&s1=a&s1=b&s1=e&cs=13

Then select the dates/times.

dbase=x where x is the database number

s1=a (Field 1 - Y1)
      s1=j (Field 10 - Y1)

s1=k (Field 2 - Y2)
      s1=t (Field 10 - Y2)

cs= 1 (Area chart)
      cs = 2 (Bar chart)
      That's good enough! I could then use Jon Links to create links in HS. This was my original idea but I saw no query string information in my browser address bar. Thanks for the explanation!

Comment

It's hidden in HS4 as I provide a html wrapper page to show the HS4 links.
        Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
          Did you add the ScriptingReferences entry with Homeseer shut down (page 3 in the docs)?

P.S. - You posted on the wrong forum. Your issue refers to here: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/3r...r-3-homeseer-4

Sorry I got the wrong forum for the original post.

I did make the alteration to the settings.ini file but for some reason it didn't save. It is now working, thank you.

Comment

Yes, any changes to the ScriptingReferences now has to be done with Homeseer shutdown. Otherwise changes are not saved.
            Jon

Comment

I have an issue with the charting since yesterday.

I had a lot of error messages in the logs , SQL error , to many columns blah blah blah. googling this error said there was an issue with the "locale" (european style vs US-style with dot or comma) and I had change the config of the windows 10 computer running HS4 , changing it in US-standard.

All those SQL errors are now gone but I see another error of the charting , I don't know if it has something to do with it:

When I try to view a chart:
              Error: Chart could not be created - check the Homeseer log

11/26/2020 3:48:33 PM
              Script
              Jon00_RCCNM
              Error in Network Function Block 17: (Conversion from string "17/11/2020 22:11:13" to type 'Date' is not valid.)

You have an idea how to solve this?

thanks,
              Cor

Comment

I suspect a mix of date formats even though you have changed the locale. Was this working before yesterday?
                Jon

Comment

-2 weeks ago I installed a new computer, downloaded HS4 ( but that was an older version I believe).
                  -last week I took a look in the chart plugin from you, since I noticed it was not working, and I also exchanged some devices. It was working after I changed some devices and set it up new.

-yesterday I updated the HS4 version , it gave me the option to repair/ modify or remove the program which I think was weird. It also gave me an error that it failed to upgrade. I tried 3 times I think. I saw HS4 was running at the end.
                  -looking at the log I saw al lot of errors every second in the SQL database, something about columns - characters, googling this on the forum it seems something to do with the comma's and dots . ( this issue I had not before).
                  -I changed the locale to US-standard.

The huge amount of errors about the SQL- database went away , but in return I got the error concerning the charting.

So...... before yesterday it was working , but I do not know if it was working just before or just after I updated HS4.

Thanks,
                  Cor

Comment

All I can suggest is that you put the date back to your country locale, shutdown the plugin and then delete the database (.db3).
                    Jon

Comment

No luck;

-I stopped HS4.
                      -changed back to English (austria) regional settings.
                      -deleted 2 .db3 files which were from jon00charting......
                      -started HS4

in the log it shows this:
                      26/11/2020 17:12:07
                      Script
                      Jon00_RCCNM
                      Error in Network Function Block 17: (Conversion from string "11/25/2020 8:05:35 PM" to type 'Date' is not valid.)

Cor

Comment

That has nothing to do with the charting, you have now caused an issue with the network monitoring script.

You will need to go to the Jon00RCCNMData.ini file and check every date entry and convert them back to your date/time format.
                        Jon

Comment

ohhhhh , I see them.
                          That are a lot of entries ..... can I also delete them?

Thanks.

Comment

It may work
                            Jon

Comment

Team,

A lot of the data I log are 1's. Example data: door open counter. Every time a door opens it writes a 1 to the database, together with the date/time.
                              date value
                              2020-12-09 13:12.49 1
                              2020-12-09 15:44.11 1
                              (BTW, when trying to turn this data into a graph, nothing appears and when clicking the "+" icon no data is shown for these tables with 1's)

Now I'm wondering: How can I turn this into a graph where I can see when doors have been opened?
                              1. per day
                              2. per week
                              3. average per hour-of-day

Will I have to put all this data in devices and then into separate tables (running events every day, week, month).

Comment

Do you write 0 when the door closes? Without a change, you cannot graph?

Jon

Comment

Working...
                                X