Jon00 Database Charting Utility for Homeseer 3 & Homeseer 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
    Do you write 0 when the door closes? Without a change, you cannot graph?
    Tnx Jon

Right, so you could either:
    - print an x-axis of 1440 minutes a day and print a bar for every minute where the door opened. (which I think the app can't do)
    - or calculate daily/weekly/monthly numbers, store those in the DB and graph them

Comment

I can't answer that until I understand what you are storing in the database. If it is just a 1 each time the door opens then no. You would need to use your own calculations.
      Jon

Comment

Is there a way to specify a SQL "INSERT INTO DBTable SELECT ..." to update a database in replacement of the specific Data1-10 data source specifications?

I have multiple tables with realtime values (ever 15 seconds or 1 minute) and want to build Hourly, Daily and Monthly aggregates. While I could build that with individual table column specs or an scheduled event running a vb script, specifying a SQL executed within the charting engine would simply and avoid possible lock conflicts.

Comment

No, I think you will need to run a script as described.
          Jon

Comment

Not sure if done smething wrong, but it looks like there is an issue with the Total Datapoints and Total metrics where the Total Datapoints is off by 1 (and therefore impacts the Average). The database table only contains one row. Using Version 1.2.1

Click image for larger version

Name:	chart_data_1_point.png
Views:	277
Size:	6.3 KB
ID:	1445581Click image for larger version

Name:	db_data_1_point.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	1445582

Comment

I think I have found the issue. Check your PM shortly.
              Jon

Comment

I am trying to plot a ErrorBar chart and a Range charts which requires thee Y values and two values per point respectively. How do you specify the y data for multiple points and which one corresponds to what?
                Last edited by pcp; January 10, 2021, 01:59 PM. Reason: Typo fix

Comment

Sorry, you can't. Whilst all the different charts available in the control were originally included, those with three Y values were never integrated.
                  Jon

Comment

I find myself wanting to go through some data points i have saved into a database and get some average values over time. Does anyone know of a way to load a database saved by this program into an excel spreadsheet? What is the location of the database files, etc? Thanks for any pointers. :-)

EDIT: figured it out. Downloaded "TablePlus" software (free) connected to the database and from there you can export to .csv

Comment

The database is located in <homeseer root>\Bin\Jon00DBChart and called jon00dbcharting.db3

You can use DB Browser for SQLite to export to CSV/Excel
                      Jon

Comment

I just upgraded from 1.21 to 1.22 and all my databases disappeared. It's as if I'm starting from scratch. Which file(s) do I need to gather from a backup?

Comment

Just the jon00dbcharting.db3 in the Bin\Jon00DBChart folder. Make sure the plugin is shutdown when replacing.

( I assume you did not replace the ini files?)
                          Jon

Comment

I just did a regular update as I have always done. I think.

I shutdown HS4 and extracted all files by one drag and drop. That's how I always do it.

Comment

Hmm, I don't recall having an issue previously but I just looked and the ini files did get replaced. The ones in the backup have my correct data.

As far as I can remember I've always just copied over the entire structure from the update. Now what? Copy the db3 file and the ini files in the config directory?

Comment

Yes!
                                Jon

Comment

Working...
                                X