Jon00 Database Charting Utility for Homeseer 3 & Homeseer 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bdraper View Post
    Jon, I see a difference when starting the EXE manually or letting HomeSeer start it up after a reboot. Just curious if this is by design or if a configuration for the Jon00DBChartingHS3.exe program needs to be created.

FYI: I have the Jon00DBChartingHS3.exe program setup in the HomeSeer startup script to startup automatically.

Symptom:
    When I reboot or restart HomeSeer the Jon00DBChartingHS3.exe expects the jon00dbcharting.db3 database to be in the HomeSeer root folder (Example: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\) and if the database is not then it will create it.

If I decide to exit the Jon00DBChartingHS3.exe process and restart it manually, it expects the jon00dbcharting.db3 database to be in the C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\bin\Jon00DBChart\ folder and if it is not, it will create a blank one.

I found this out after applying one of the latest patches and instead of restarting HomeSeer, I just stopped the plugin by right clicking on the tray icon, updated the files and restarted it by navigating to the file and doublie clicking on it. Obviously this is not a real big issue, now that I figured out what was going on (don't do that no more). LOL.... It gave me a little grief when it happened and I was trying to figure out why my graphs are now empty.
    Yes, I can confirm this too.

I have been using the .NET command "Environment.CurrentDirectory" to identify the directory path.

When you run the exe directly in the directory it reports the correct path, however if you run the exe via the hs.Launch command it reports the Homeseer root directory? Most odd.

Try V1.0.6.2 which should resolve the issue.

Make sure you have your jon00dbcharting.db3 file located in your Homeseer HS3\bin\Jon00DBChart folder as it may be found in your Homeseer HS3 folder
    Last edited by jon00; January 2, 2015, 12:00 PM.
    Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
      Yes, I can confirm this too.

I have been using the .NET command "Environment.CurrentDirectory" to identify the directory path.

When you run the exe directly in the directory it reports the correct path, however if you run the exe via the hs.Launch command it reports the Homeseer root directory? Most odd.

Try V1.0.6.2 which should resolve the issue.

Make sure you have your jon00dbcharting.db3 file located in your Homeseer HS3\bin\Jon00DBChart folder as it may be found in your Homeseer HS3 folder
      Great, thanks Jon. I downloaded version 1.0.6.2 and can confirm it corrects the issue. Nice job, thanks very much.
      Billy

Comment

Hello Jon,

I have added a second Y-Axis (v1.0.6). Now I notice the AxisYIntervalSec changes the primary Y axis, while AxisYInterval no longer has any effect.

Both AxisYMaximumSec and BaselineValueSec are not set to auto.

All other aspects of the second Y Axis are working fine.

Thanks.
        Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mwaite View Post
          Hello Jon,

I have added a second Y-Axis (v1.0.6). Now I notice the AxisYIntervalSec changes the primary Y axis, while AxisYInterval no longer has any effect.

Thanks.
          Another bug. I'll correct it tomorrow!
          Jon

Comment

Hello Jon,

Thanks.
            Version 1.0.6.3 is now available which corrects this issue.
            Jon

Comment

Version 1.0.6.3 is now available which corrects this issue.
              Works great Jon00! Thank you!
              Mike

Comment

Works great Jon00! Thank you!
                Nice catch Mike. I was using the same interval on the chart that I had configured to have to different Y axis and did not run across this one yet. I just created another one that had different a different interval and once I downloaded the update it displayed correctly. Thanks for the quick update Jon.
                Billy

Comment

I forgot to mention this.....For those of you who want to try this on .97 who cannot see the charts in virtual devices, there is a hidden setting:

Under each [CreateX] heading in the Jon00DBchartingCreate.ini and Jon00DBChartingDemo.ini add:

PreventImageCache=0

Once you finally upgrade, delete these entries again.
                  Jon

Comment

What about this idea?...

Hi Jon,

Just thinking out loud, what if there was a configurable option to not log data (from a reccuring timer event) to a table if the specific metric contains the same data as the last event recorded?

I am still thinking of a way to be able to have numeric values displayed when there are too many control points (recall you set up a MarkerStep interval, but that turned out not to affect numeric values).

So my thought is that if the value didn't change too often (compared to the displayed timeframe) , then 1) it might be more possible to still have the numeric values displayed, 2) would even save space in the db (eliminate repetitious points).

Would this even be a possibility, and would it be able to work on a single metric w/o interferring with other metrics in the same table? (Or alternately it might work but only if a single metric exists).

Thanks for your thoughts.
                    Mike

Comment

Using Timer=0 will update the Database only on value change using the Data1 input value. Data2 to Data10 will also only be updated on this trigger.
                      Jon

Comment

Awesome! (There are soooo many configuration options I got lost on this one! )

Thanks Jon00!
                        Mike

Comment

Using Timer=0 will update the Database only on value change using the Data1 input value. Data2 to Data10 will also only be updated on this trigger.
                          I can't get Timer=0 to work. It updates every 15 seconds instead - I've confirmed this several times. I did confirmed these user created timers work:

[Timer]
                          1=15
                          2=25
                          3=30
                          4=45

As well as predefined #17 (which I was previously using). Just can't get the instant trigger by device value change to work.
                          Mike

Comment

Try restarting the PI. I think I shut down Timer0 if it is not configured on startup to save resources.
                            Jon

Comment

Tried restart exe (newest build with manual exe launch fix), tried restarting HS3, tried rebooting HS computer.

Still triggers every 15 sec with Timer=0. I can change the time interval by changing Timer to something else, so that part appears to be working anyway.

Thanks.
                              Mike

Comment

Mike,

You cannot set the value of Timer=0 for a database. It is internally set. If you are getting a 15 second update, then the last value and the current value must be changing.

Put Data1=100 and let it run. As the value is not changing it should not trigger after the initial update. Then Change Data1=50 after a minute or 2. It should then trigger and store in the database again.

If that is not working, there must be a bug.
                                Jon

Comment

Working...
                                X