Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jon00
    replied
    I would total both phases for your readings. The 240V for Washer Dryers etc would be using both phases.

Leave a comment:

• SmartyPants
    replied
    I tell a lie, there isn't extra devices for accumulated values. But you can configure the clamp how you want and it can do accumulated values if you need them. Here's the info

https://help.aeotec.com/support/solu...n5-user-guide-

You may want to take accumulative readings of both clamps totaled, well you can do that, or have both clamps just report the kwh each phase uses them total them manually or not bother.

Leave a comment:

• begunfx
    replied
    Originally posted by SmartyPants View Post

There are three versions afaik.
    1 phase, 2 phase and 3 phase.
    Every phase will add a device for each: 1 x kwh, 1 x Watts, 1 x amps and 1 x volts. So if you have the 2 phase device you should have 2 of everything, and then I think there is also a cumulative kwh device that totals all phases up I think. Though that is optional I think as I disabled mine so I don't get a cumulative of all phases.

Did that make sense? Probably not lol.
    Yeah that makes sense. We have two-phase (two hots). Our voltage is 120v here (not including washer/dryer).

Leave a comment:

• SmartyPants
    replied
    Originally posted by begunfx View Post

Okay. Yeah, I believe you are correct. Thanks.
    Do you have split load there? 120v and 240v?

Leave a comment:

• SmartyPants
    replied
    One more quick question: What's the difference between kWh1 and kWh2? I know that both sensors are connected to each hot that's coming into my house, but I would imagine that the values should be the same?
    There are three versions afaik.
    1 phase, 2 phase and 3 phase.
    Every phase will add a device for each: 1 x kwh, 1 x Watts, 1 x amps and 1 x volts. So if you have the 2 phase device you should have 2 of everything, and then I think there is also a cumulative kwh device that totals all phases up I think. Though that is optional I think as I disabled mine so I don't get a cumulative of all phases.

Did that make sense? Probably not lol.

Leave a comment:

• begunfx
    replied
    Originally posted by jon00 View Post

I believe houses in the US are normally fed with two phases which are distributed across the house? Therefore the load on each phase would be different?
    Okay. Yeah, I believe you are correct. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    One more quick question: What's the difference between kWh1 and kWh2? I know that both sensors are connected to each hot that's coming into my house, but I would imagine that the values should be the same?
    I believe houses in the US are normally fed with two phases which are distributed across the house? Therefore the load on each phase would be different?

Leave a comment:

• begunfx
    replied

Leave a comment:

• begunfx
    replied
    Originally posted by SmartyPants View Post

It does indeed, so just some events to take a kWh reading at set intervals would do it. That's all I do. I have a VD for each period I want to log, e.g. daily, monthly, etc then just have an event copy the kWh reading into these devices at set intervals
    Ah okay. Thanks for clarifying. I didn't see anything in the docs for the meter that kWh was cumulative.

Leave a comment:

• SmartyPants
    replied
    No, it only has differential (current value minus last value).

I thought the Meter produced a virtual device with the total KWh so why not use that?
    It does indeed, so just some events to take a kWh reading at set intervals would do it. That's all I do. I have a VD for each period I want to log, e.g. daily, monthly, etc then just have an event copy the kWh reading into these devices at set intervals

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    No, it only has differential (current value minus last value).

I thought the Meter produced a virtual device with the total KWh so why not use that?

Leave a comment:

• begunfx
    replied
    jon00 I just got an Aeotec Home Energy Meter Gen5 installed and added to my setup. Was wondering if there was a way to create a chart/database that could do cumulative values?

I easily setup a chart that updates with the data from the energy meter every few minutes, but I would like to also generate charts that give me cumulative values for a day, month and year. Is there a way to do that with your database tool?

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    I replied to you PM....

Leave a comment:

• Alejandro
    replied
    Hello Jon00. Your server is down and I cannot download any of your plug-ins.

Thank you

Leave a comment:

• begunfx
    replied

I try and help the guy and he deletes my post. So no more help from me in the future.....
    Yeah, not sure what his deal is. Either way, I appreciate what you did, and that you made the effort to help me resolve my issue in some way. :-)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X