Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jon00
    replied
    Odd, if the directory does not exist, it is created when the plugin is first started.

Do you see the chart icon in the system tray?

Try restarting the plugin to see if it is created.

Leave a comment:

• Crumpy
    replied
    Hi All,

I am trying to get this working.

I an installing on HS4, and think I have it installed correctly. Although I did find it hard to understand what the phrase:

'If RUNNING HS4, DO NOT CHANGE THE 3 HOMESEER DLL FILES WITH THOSE SUPPLIED WITH HS4' meant.

I took it as reading don't replace the original HS4 copies of those files if you are running HS4. So I didn't copy any of the .dll files, although the list of .dll files in the instructions actually contains 4 .dll files, not 3. So maybe I am meant to copy one of them, but it isn't clear which one that is.....,

I can connect to the interface, and it all seems to configure OK and I have set up a new database, and added some devices to it.

The instructions then say I can now use the 'Dynamic chart webpage'. In that I can select the database I set up, but when I try to chart it, the following error is generated:
    'Error processing HTML file C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4\html\images\jon00\dbchart\table\dychart1.html->Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4\html\images\jon00\dbchart\table\dychart1.html''

And indeed it is correct, there isn't a \jon00 subdirectory in C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4\html\images\.

Any suggestions? I feel like I have fallen at the final hurdle......

Thanks,

Dave

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    I’ll take a look when next working on the plugin.

Leave a comment:

• BobSpen
    replied
    jon00,
    I hate to push my luck here, but could you add device naming to Replacement Variables so we could use device names in Data Labels???

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    Originally posted by BobSpen View Post
    Question about device references:
    In my system, I always use device names in scripts so If I ever have to replace a device(and it gets a new device reference) I don't have to change the scripts. In you charting program you require device references. I your charting program, can I "replace" the device reference with an HS code like: hs.GetDeviceRefByName("Family Room Light") ?
    No, At the moment it is either device reference or device address. I'll add that to the next version.

Edit: This has now been added to V1.2.1

Use: $dvn:{device name}

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    Originally posted by BobSpen View Post
    jon00,
    I have been using your charting program since you released it. I installed a few updates early on, but have not installed updates for 4-5 years. Per your advise I would like to get updated to the latest HS3 version before I contemplate upgrading HS(not upgrading to HS4 for a while). I don't find "upgrade instructions" in your documentation and don't want to lose my currently configured graphs so I assume I DO NOT follow your "install instructions". Can you highlight what files I need to replace to upgrade?
    Thank you
    Just replace everything except your ini files (.ini) and databases (.db3)

Setup is now via a web interface.

Leave a comment:

• BobSpen
    replied
    Question about device references:
    In my system, I always use device names in scripts so If I ever have to replace a device(and it gets a new device reference) I don't have to change the scripts. In you charting program you require device references. I your charting program, can I "replace" the device reference with an HS code like: hs.GetDeviceRefByName("Family Room Light") ?

Leave a comment:

• BobSpen
    replied
    jon00,
    I have been using your charting program since you released it. I installed a few updates early on, but have not installed updates for 4-5 years. Per your advise I would like to get updated to the latest HS3 version before I contemplate upgrading HS(not upgrading to HS4 for a while). I don't find "upgrade instructions" in your documentation and don't want to lose my currently configured graphs so I assume I DO NOT follow your "install instructions". Can you highlight what files I need to replace to upgrade?
    Thank you

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Check HS / Docs folder, all of Jon00's PI use the same folder to store user guides.

Leave a comment:

• duanecr
    replied
    I know I'm missing something very simple, but I can't seem to find the instructions on how to install and configure this. I downloaded the zip file from http://jon00.me.uk/ (redirected to an IP) and extracted all of the files into the matching directories in HS4. I can see a new "device" in the devices view that has "Utility | Jon00 DemoDBChart" on one line and "Chart Manual Update" below it. Clicking on the Chart Manual Update shows what appears to be the standard device fields, but I can't figure out how to configure anything. Am I missing a installation document page or a walkthrough somewhere?

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    Originally posted by jbfoster View Post
    I changed to record on device value change. I must a little confused how the database works. If I click on New Database, that creates another table in the ini file to record another 10 devices?

Thanks
    Jim
    Ini file settings are for configuration. The actual data is stored in a single SQLite database.

Leave a comment:

• jbfoster
    replied
    I changed to record on device value change. I must a little confused how the database works. If I click on New Database, that creates another table in the ini file to record another 10 devices?

Thanks
    Jim

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    1) I can't answer that because it depends on the number of tables being recorded and purge settings per table. What I can say it that you should not have an issue with size and by default, all databases are purged after 180 days (can be changed in settings).

2) There is only one database so you can't delete it. Individual tables within the database cannot be deleted (apart from the last one) but you can purge their size to one day it if you want. Just reuse unused tables at a later date.

FYI, I would recommend you record your temperatures on device value change rather than every minute as this will fill the database with unnecessary data.

Leave a comment:

• jbfoster
    replied
    I just installed this Plugin. I have one database for now. I have 2 temp sensors logging data every minute on a timer. I have a couple questions.

1. is there a way to estimate how big the database file will get over time?
    2. I read that you can only delete the last database. What happens latter when I have let's say 4 databases and I want to delete one of the first 3?

Thanks
    Jim

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    You cannot change it. Because you are using the dynamic charting, it has to be set to auto to allow the large variation of charts being displayed from the various databases.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X