Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jon00 Database Charting Utility for Homeseer 3 & Homeseer 4

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Error after upgrade to 3.0.0.194

    After upgrading this morning to 3.0.0.194 my log shows "Error $dva: - device with address '00016922-005-Q57' does not exist!" for all the devices I have in my charts. The devices are there, the adresses have not changed, they all work etc.

    /Mav

    Comment


    • Do you have a device with address "00016922-005-Q57"?
      Jon

      Comment


      • Originally posted by jon00 View Post
        Do you have a device with address "00016922-005-Q57"?
        I do - I have that specific device along with app. 15 other ones, they all exist and creates errors in the log.

        Is there a good way to disable the charting besides task manager >> stop - just until I get this error corrected?

        /Mav

        Comment


        • Can you show me a screen shot of the device with this address on the device management page?

          It may be better to use the device reference ($dvr=) rather than its address.
          Jon

          Comment


          • Originally posted by jon00 View Post
            Can you show me a screen shot of the device with this address on the device management page?

            It may be better to use the device reference ($dvr=) rather than its address.
            Let me give it a try and give you an update. Thanks

            /Mav

            Comment


            • Originally posted by maverick View Post
              Let me give it a try and give you an update. Thanks

              /Mav
              I changed all the references to $dvr: <reference id> and now everything works fine.

              Thanks

              /Mav

              Comment


              • Accessing SQLLite DB?

                Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                Bob,

                It is a HS scripting command.

                Example below:

                PHP Code:
                    Sub Main(ByVal Parm As Object)

                        
                Dim AxisYMax As String ""
                        
                AxisYMax "90"
                        
                hs.SaveIniSetting("Create1""AxisYMaximim"AxisYMax"Jon00DBChartingStyle.ini")

                    
                End Sub 
                Jon00,
                Can I access your SQLlite DB to get Max and Min over the time period displayed, WITH a VB.Net script running in HS3? Can you point me to a learning "document", or if you have examples I could go from there.

                Thanks for the help,
                BobSpen

                Comment


                • It would be far easier if I added this as a feature request.

                  Please send me an email and I'll send you a test build.
                  Jon

                  Comment


                  • Removing Ripples in the Charts?

                    Jon00,
                    I have your charting program running in my "production" HS3, charting various temperatures around the house and it works great. I previously used Microsoft Graphs and they had a "smooth" function that removed a lot of "ripple" in the plots. It doesn't effect the Data, just the plot. Does your .Net product have such a capability?

                    Thanks,
                    BobSpen

                    Comment


                    • Not that I am aware.

                      I assume you are using a Line chart....have you considered trying a spline chart?
                      Jon

                      Comment


                      • Jon00,
                        Thanks for the suggestion. It helps a little, smoothing the abrupt changes to smooth transitions. I guess my best bet is saving the last DB entry and generate a new next DB entry as say 1/2 the difference between the last DB and the now "real" temperature, and saving that to the DB. This would mean the displayed chart temperature will lag the real temperature by a few intervals during rapid changes. Do you see a better way?
                        Bob
                        Last edited by BobSpen; August 11th, 2015, 07:29 PM.

                        Comment


                        • Hi Jon,

                          I just started using this plugin a few days ago and once again excellent work!

                          I'm trying to create a graph of my sprinkler zones, and since they are on only occasionally, I just want to log changes to their status, rather than on a regular interval. Is there a way to specify a data-source for the update, or will it update all data-sources for the table at the same time? As an example, if Zone 1 comes on, I want to log the change to zone 1, and don't need the other zones updated at that time. Then when zone 1 turns off, log that change to the database, when zone 2 turns on, log that change, etc.

                          Thanks
                          Al
                          HS 3.0.0.548: 1990 Devices 1172 Events
                          Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 126 Nodes on one Z-Net

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by sparkman View Post
                            Hi Jon,

                            I just started using this plugin a few days ago and once again excellent work!

                            I'm trying to create a graph of my sprinkler zones, and since they are on only occasionally, I just want to log changes to their status, rather than on a regular interval. Is there a way to specify a data-source for the update, or will it update all data-sources for the table at the same time? As an example, if Zone 1 comes on, I want to log the change to zone 1, and don't need the other zones updated at that time. Then when zone 1 turns off, log that change to the database, when zone 2 turns on, log that change, etc.

                            Thanks
                            Al
                            You can update the database manually and use events to determine value changes for each zone as the manual trigger(s). That said, the database is always updated with the values of everything that is being recorded at that time.

                            i.e. if zone 1 is off and zone 2 comes on, it will record zone 1 off again at that time. Depending on the chart style used, this should not affect the output.

                            You should be able to do this with a single event using the "If" and "or if" for each zone device with a trigger "Value set or changed".

                            Remember to set AutoUpdate=0 under the respective [CreateX] setting.
                            Jon

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by BobSpen View Post
                              Jon00,
                              Thanks for the suggestion. It helps a little, smoothing the abrupt changes to smooth transitions. I guess my best bet is saving the last DB entry and generate a new next DB entry as say 1/2 the difference between the last DB and the now "real" temperature, and saving that to the DB. This would mean the displayed chart temperature will lag the real temperature by a few intervals during rapid changes. Do you see a better way?
                              Bob
                              Maybe record the temperatures at shorter intervals?
                              Jon

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                                You can update the database manually and use events to determine value changes for each zone as the manual trigger(s). That said, the database is always updated with the values of everything that is being recorded at that time.

                                i.e. if zone 1 is off and zone 2 comes on, it will record zone 1 off again at that time. Depending on the chart style used, this should not affect the output.

                                You should be able to do this with a single event using the "If" and "or if" for each zone device with a trigger "Value set or changed".

                                Remember to set AutoUpdate=0 under the respective [CreateX] setting.
                                Thanks Jon! I was looking for ways to minimize disk space usage of the database, but after posting I looked at the db structure using sqlitebrowser, and realized that the structure requires all values in a table to be updated at the same time. Thanks for confirming that. Yes, it won't cause any issues with the output.

                                Cheers
                                Al
                                HS 3.0.0.548: 1990 Devices 1172 Events
                                Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 126 Nodes on one Z-Net

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X