Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 45rogue
    replied
    jon00. thanks for the really quick reply.
    yes, it's out of range. i'll try to figure how to set max and min.... about the zigbee smartmeter. I am finding code on github for smart meter monitoring, for both the Emporia and the Rainforest devices, and they are hooking into Home-assistant. The Rainforest has a local API to read it's data without going through their online network. I'm hoping to use it..... Hoping. I have a lot of coding to learn.....

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    Not sure what you mean by corrupt data. If it has a value out of range of your weather metrics, you can always set a max/min values in the database setup.

As for reading your meter, normally your meter is also a Zigbee hub/network (separate to your Zigbee dongle you run with Homeseer) so can never become part of your Homeseer Zigbee network.

Leave a comment:

• 45rogue
    replied
    Jon, well, my charting works fine. every now and then, the data gets messed up. I'm reading weather data from another plugin. when I have to reset my network, the weather station falls off the network. The charting database get some bad data. But, I've figured how to edit the sql database, filter, and delete the bad data...... Next challenge is to hook into zigbee as a source. I want to read my smartmeter and graph the data. I have 2 devices: an Emporium Vue, and a Rainforest Eagle 200. Both are currently reading the meter, but the data goes to the companies before I can read it from the company. I want to read it directly via zigbee. The 'smart meter' sends info using zigbee protocol.
    Not sure if I should use HS4's Zigbee2MQTTe or mscMQTT. What do ya think?

Leave a comment:

• racerfern
    replied
    Yes, I can select. All's well as always when I come here with a problem. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    So can you select the device now?

Leave a comment:

• racerfern
    replied
    Darn commas! I just downloaded the Device viewer from the HS4 page, thanks.

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    All looks good. I think the issue could be the apostrophe in the Today's which is upsetting the setup page. Rename it to Todays Mains Consumption and see if that makes any difference.

Thanks for the donation!

BTW, from your screenshot, it looks like you are using the HS3 version of the documenter. There is a specific HS4 version.

Leave a comment:

• racerfern
    replied
    I never had that PI installed but I do now. Cool! Another donation coming your way.
    Two screenshots attached.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 02-08-24 at 11.34 AM.png
Views:	44
Size:	132.8 KB
ID:	1655065Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 02-08-24 at 11.34 AM 001.png
Views:	49
Size:	119.5 KB
ID:	1655064

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    Regarding this device that you cannot set.

Assuming you have my device viewer and documenter for HS4, set the Display output to 'Advanced' and then select the device ref in question. Please post a screenshot of the first section (above the Configuration Settings).

Leave a comment:

• racerfern
    replied
    It seems I'm back to normal, thanks for confirming it was something I did. I still can't select a virtual device but I'm going to try creating a new virtual device and go from there.

Leave a comment:

• racerfern
    replied
    Assuming something in the zip didn't land where it should have (highly unlikely) I unzipped again since I can easily rebuild my charts.
    Now when I select a device the ref number appears so something changed. I'll keep working on it, thanks.

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    I'm really not sure what you have done. The errors are there because no chart can be created. You really need to ensure the database is being populated with data. Use DB Browser for SQLite to inspect the .db3 file.

Leave a comment:

• racerfern
    replied
    I had something go terribly askew and the PI stopped working. I deleted anything and everything having to do with the PI and re-installed. So far so good.
    Now I can select devices, though I still can't select virtual devices.

Finally, the PI appears to run but nothing is displayed. I've completely buggered it up but darned if I can figure it out. Also, it used to show the ref number when scrolling the drop down list. It no longer does that, though the correct $dvr:xxxx does appear except for virtual devices unfortunately.

I have the following errors and I can't get a chart to display.
    2/05/2024 14:52:59 HomeSeer Warning File does not exist: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4\html\images\jon00\dbchart\table\table201alt.csv
    2/05/2024 14:52:59 HomeSeer Warning File does not exist: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4\html\images\jon00\dbchart\bootstrap\css\addons-pro\steppers.min.css
    2/05/2024 14:52:59 HomeSeer Warning File does not exist: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4\html\images\jon00\dbchart\chart201.png​

I have the required scripting references, startup.vb has the following:
    hs.Launch (hs.GetAppPath & "\bin\Jon00DBChart\Jon00DBChartingHS3.exe","","",0)

All I did was rename the root directory in the zip file from "Homeseer HS3" to "Homeseer HS4" so it would unzip into my HS4 directory.

Leave a comment:

• 45rogue
    replied
    Jon00. thanks for the info.
    I'm definitely in run mode, not demo. checked the .ini file.
    And it seems to be working. and I was able to delete the demo devices.
    and I just opened the database with sqlitebrowser....
    Click image for larger version  Name:	jon00charting.png Views:	0 Size:	108.7 KB ID:	1654639
    so, thanks. I'll keep working it.....

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    The database is stored in the bin\Jon00DBChart folder (.db3 file)

Looks like you are still in demo mode so you need to switch that off.

Hopefully you are using the web setup pages. You can switch off the demo mode at the top of the database setup page.

Virtual devices are switched on/off on the chart creation setup page

If you need more assistance, please provide screenshots of both the database setup and chart setup pages.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X