Jon00 Database Charting Utility for Homeseer 3 & Homeseer 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
    Each database will always show 10 fields as that is how it is set up.

Select a start time/date past the first record in the DB on the charting web page. Does it now show a chart when you select that field?
    I got it working. i deleted the demo database, and restarted the exe.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by jono View Post
      You can use this package to capture data into a database, either when a device value changes, or other criteria such as time. Then you can make a chart with whatever subset of data you wish with whatever style you like. That chart gets saved as a png file in the /images/jon00/dbchart folder. You can email it as an attachment.
      Jon00 has created an exceptionally useful program. Many thanks to him.
      The charting part I have pretty good control over. But I was curious how you had setup the automatic e-mail function? Do you use the plugin or some external code?

Comment

A few requests

1. can you add the jon00dbcharting.aspx as a button at the top of the jon00dbsetup.asp page. I would like one url that I can access all your config & charting pages.

2. as for the charting, I would like to be able to access pre-configured full size charts: the database, field, style would be saved so I just have to select the chart profile I want to view.

3. click a virtual device chart image, and get to the charting page with the chart pre-configured based on the virtual chart settings
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Obviously No 1 is easy, however the remaining two would require significant work. I'm not sure that I am willing to spend time on that.

You can set the charts created for virtual devices to any size you want (they are automatically resized to fit the virtual device) so I could add a link that when clicked, shows the image on a new page in its native size.
          Jon

Comment

Obviously No 1 is easy, however the remaining two would require significant work. I'm not sure that I am willing to spend time on that.
            thanks on #1.

You can set the charts created for virtual devices to any size you want (they are automatically resized to fit the virtual device) so I could add a link that when clicked, shows the image on a new page in its native size.
            I think this would work just fine

thanks for the consideration.
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

what do I set the following three values to get a chart that would show all the values for Today starting at time 0 going to the end of the day

ChartTimeFormat = m
              ChartTimeStart = 5
              ChartTimeFinish = 0
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

ChartTimeFormat = Today
                ChartTimeStart = 00:00:00
                ChartTimeFinish = 23:59:59

This should also work:

ChartTimeFormat = DaySpan
                ChartTimeStart = 0
                ChartTimeFinish = 0

Please look at the table on page 28 of the docs for all options.
                Jon

Comment

ChartTimeFormat = Today
                  ChartTimeStart = 00:00:00
                  ChartTimeFinish = 23:59:59

This should also work:

ChartTimeFormat = DaySpan
                  ChartTimeStart = 0
                  ChartTimeFinish = 0

Please look at the table on page 28 of the docs for all options.
                  Jon,
                  thanks. I previously found page 28 but some of the values I tried kept generating a blank chart: the legend is generated and the chart title, but no x or y axis and no chart lines

i'll give the above a try
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Jon,
                    I copied chart style (ChartStyle4) and it created (ChartStyle23)

however, when I change the name of the ChartStyle23, the plugin also changes the name of the ChartStyle4
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

OK, Yes that looks like a bug.
                      Jon

Comment

OK, Yes that looks like a bug.
                        any chance of getting an "Update" control button on the virtual charting devices, that would immediately Update the chart?

i'm making changes to chart definition but don't see the changes being reflected in the virtual device chart.
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Just view the png file in Windows Explorer. It updates in the preview window immediately.
                          Jon

Comment

Originally posted by Freddan101 View Post
                            The charting part I have pretty good control over. But I was curious how you had setup the automatic e-mail function? Do you use the plugin or some external code?
                            You would just create an event (triggered as you wish) to send an email and ensure you add the respective chart png file as the attachment.
                            Jon

Comment

Jon,
                              what's the relationship between the list of chart styles on the jon00dbcharting.asp page vs the chart style templates available the Jon00dbsetup2.asp page?

the names are different
                              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

No relationship. [ChartStyle201] is used to define the style for Jon00DBCharting.asp
                                Jon

Comment

Working...
                                X