• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jon00
    replied
    Originally posted by zsima View Post
    Hi

I am having trouble with this plugin.

I have installed everything according to the documentations (tried several times) but I do not get any of the demo charts showing up. If I try Dynamic charting on the demo database
    it comes back with "Error: Chart could not be created - check the Homeseer log"

and the log has
    Jon00_DBChart Timeout Error: Chart took to long to render
    what am I doing wrong?
    The plugin needs Homeseer running as an administrator. How are you starting Homeseer?

Leave a comment:

• langenet
    replied
    Jon,
    I've looked through the documentation and can't seem to find an answer to this - I'd like to see the Y-axis populated on both sides y1 and y2 at the same time. Is this possible?

For example, in my chart below I'd like the numbers of K-watts Used on the right as well.

Click image for larger version

Name:	chart002.png
Views:	112
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	1318688

Thanks

Robert

Leave a comment:

• zsima
    replied
    Hi

I am having trouble with this plugin.

I have installed everything according to the documentations (tried several times) but I do not get any of the demo charts showing up. If I try Dynamic charting on the demo database
    it comes back with "Error: Chart could not be created - check the Homeseer log"

and the log has
    Jon00_DBChart Timeout Error: Chart took to long to render
    what am I doing wrong?

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    Originally posted by CharlieWayne View Post
    Do you use a HS plug-in, script, or windows event Todo that?

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    I have an exe (on my site) that restarts HS3 via an event. Alternative both CFGuy and Blade have utilities in the updater that do similar.

Leave a comment:

• CharlieWayne
    replied
    Originally posted by jon00 View Post

I automatically restart my HomeSeer installation once a week. I find it keeps HS3 at its optimum.
    Do you use a HS plug-in, script, or windows event Todo that?

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    Originally posted by mnsandler View Post

it seems to happen about once a month. but i can check the hs logs to verify this. I just periodically notice the graphing stops for all 8 of my graphs, so i have to sometimes restart the EXE or HS3 altogether
    I automatically restart my HomeSeer installation once a week. I find it keeps HS3 at its optimum.

Leave a comment:

• mnsandler
    replied
    Originally posted by jon00 View Post
    How often does this happen? I assume the exe is still running?

All I can suggest is you use a HS Log monitor (I have one) to trigger an event when you get that message in the log.
    it seems to happen about once a month. but i can check the hs logs to verify this. I just periodically notice the graphing stops for all 8 of my graphs, so i have to sometimes restart the EXE or HS3 altogether

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    How often does this happen? I assume the exe is still running?

All I can suggest is you use a HS Log monitor (I have one) to trigger an event when you get that message in the log.

Leave a comment:

• mnsandler
    replied
    Jon,
    how can i detect with the Jon00DBChartingHS3.exe has problems? i got the following error in the HS log, and after that the charts wont update until i restart the Exe

How can i monitor the EXE and restart it automatically if there is a problem?
    Error reading file C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer 3\html\images\jon00\dbchart\chart003.png: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer 3\html\images\jon00\dbchar

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    Unfortunately no....

Leave a comment:

• fungun
    replied
    Is it possible to have your own text on the Y axis?
    I have a device that shows wind direction in degrees as its value.

Thanks,
    TimClick image for larger version

Name:	wndDirChrt.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	1295995

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    Just deleting (renaming) the jon00dbcharting.db3 file in the Bin\Jon00DBChart folder should work.Stop the plugin first.

Leave a comment:

• fungun
    replied
    I want to start over. How do i get a new database?

Thanks,
    Tim

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    I don't really know but it may be linked to administrator privileges.

Are you running your HS3 in an administrative role? You can create a Windows shortcut to my exe in the same folder and set that to run as an administrator. Then get your startup.vb to run the shortcut rather than the exe direct. It should have a.lnk extension.

Leave a comment:

• jono
    replied
    Hi Jon, I'm having an issue on a Win 7 machine where Jon00DBChartingHS3 just quits. If I restart the program, it appears in the tray and then is gone within 10 seconds. Strangely, in windows task manager, it does not appear in applications (even for the 10 seconds) but always appears in Processes (even when no longer in the tray). If I quit the process, then I can restart Jon00DBChartingHS3 and it appears in both Applications and Processes and doesn't quit after 10 seconds.
    Any idea what might be causing this? It seems to be happening to my machine every few days.
    As a work around, could I use a script to quit the process and then restart the program?
    Thanks for all your great work and help.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X