Jon00 Database Charting Utility for Homeseer 3 & Homeseer 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by codemonkey View Post
    Any windows or AV updates get installed?
    Are there any items in your windows even logs?
    Second that, typically when I have a new version of Jon's tool Windows Defender tells me it does not like it because it is not signed. Accepting it will make it run.

It's easy when you know, but got me puzzled the first time (when I missed the popup...)

Comment

Nothing in the event viewer, HS log, Avast log, nothing.
      I went back to Task Mngr, killed it there, then restarted it manually, and now it seems ok.

?????

Thanks,
      Tim
      FB Page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Capt-Tim/209398425902188

HSTouch Layouts - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5902188&type=3

Comment

In the exe folder was there an Errorlog.txt file generated?
        Jon

Comment

Yes, here ya go.

Thanks,
          Tim
          Attached Files

Comment

Feature request

Hi Jon00,

I am trying to use this utility to display a chart for a BBQ sensor. I would like to create virtual devices to start, stop, and reset a chart. I looked through the manual for script commands for doing so, but I don't see anything. Is it possible to add this feature?

Thanks.

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
            Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
            Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

I have been using this script for quite a while. I was getting database errors and lock ups so I decided to redo my database entries and other things. I started over with everything blank and have tried using the new web based database setup. There is one problem. When you load the page and open the first database, all is well.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	1190782

But, if I open a different database then go back to the one in the screenshot above the Source X (Data X): label entry is retained from the prior page, The device codes are correct.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture2.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	1190783

The only way to get it to work correctly is to open only the database I wish to edit first. If I want to edit a different one I need to leave the page and launch it again.
              HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by jlrichar View Post
                Hi Jon00,

I am trying to use this utility to display a chart for a BBQ sensor. I would like to create virtual devices to start, stop, and reset a chart. I looked through the manual for script commands for doing so, but I don't see anything. Is it possible to add this feature?

Thanks.
                I'm not sure what you mean by start/stop/reset. The Charting is always recorded against time so you cannot stop a plot.
                Jon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                  I have been using this script for quite a while. I was getting database errors and lock ups so I decided to redo my database entries and other things. I started over with everything blank and have tried using the new web based database setup. There is one problem. When you load the page and open the first database, all is well.

[ATTACH]61030[/ATTACH]

But, if I open a different database then go back to the one in the screenshot above the Source X (Data X): label entry is retained from the prior page, The device codes are correct.

[ATTACH]61031[/ATTACH]

The only way to get it to work correctly is to open only the database I wish to edit first. If I want to edit a different one I need to leave the page and launch it again.
                  I'll take a look. Have you tried this in different browsers with similar results?
                  Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                    I'm not sure what you mean by start/stop/reset. The Charting is always recorded against time so you cannot stop a plot.
                    This is different than the standard home automation type of request I imagine. Most things need to stay connected to homeseer at all times and are monitored at all times. This BBQ sensor though, it will only be connected when it is being used. Otherwise it is turned off. What I would like to do is to only start the data collection (to db), and charting when I use it. Currently according to the manual you include with the plugin, those things are started when I create the db, and create the chart.

Essentially I am treating the temperature sensor like a analytical instrument, and your charting program like a data acquisiton program. In this context for a specific cook I would like to start data acquisition at the start of the cook, and stop it when I am done. It would also be cool to save a data file of the cook, but that seems further out of scope of this plugin. It would be cool to be able to write the db to a csv file and give it a name though.

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
                    Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
                    Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                      I'll take a look. Have you tried this in different browsers with similar results?
                      This was with Chrome. I just tried it with Edge and IE with te same results. I still have a Windows version of Safari installed - same thing.
                      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by jlrichar View Post
                        This is different than the standard home automation type of request I imagine. Most things need to stay connected to homeseer at all times and are monitored at all times. This BBQ sensor though, it will only be connected when it is being used. Otherwise it is turned off. What I would like to do is to only start the data collection (to db), and charting when I use it. Currently according to the manual you include with the plugin, those things are started when I create the db, and create the chart.

Essentially I am treating the temperature sensor like a analytical instrument, and your charting program like a data acquisiton program. In this context for a specific cook I would like to start data acquisition at the start of the cook, and stop it when I am done. It would also be cool to save a data file of the cook, but that seems further out of scope of this plugin. It would be cool to be able to write the db to a csv file and give it a name though.
                        It seems pointless adding/removing a device from the database only when you use it. If you set the trigger to be on value change, it will only update the database when in use.

To show a relevant chart in a device, all you need to do is set the ChartTimeStart and ChartTime finish values via the ini file.

Take this example script (assume first chart):

Code:
                            Sub Main(ByVal Parm As Object)
                                hs.SaveINISetting("Create1", "ChartTimeStart", DateTime.Now().ToString("yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss"), "Jon00DBChartingCreate.ini")
                                hs.SaveINISetting("Create1", "ChartTimeFinish", DateTime.Now().AddHours(3).ToString("yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss"), "Jon00DBChartingCreate.ini")
                            End Sub
                        If you run this when you start using the sensor, it will create a chart from that time and continue recording additional metrics for the next 3 hours. Change this as necessary.

Now when you stop using the sensor, just run the following:

Code:
                         hs.SaveINISetting("Create1", "ChartTimeFinish", DateTime.Now().ToString("yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss"), "Jon00DBChartingCreate.ini")
                        That will set the end time/date for the chart and you have your BBQ cooking session captured.

To download the CSV data, just use the ad-hoc charting to select the correct Database/field/time span and click on the "Total Datapoints" link on the database metrics page.
                        Jon

Comment

See anything in my error log?

Thanks,
                          Tim

Comment

Originally posted by fungun View Post
                            See anything in my error log?

Thanks,
                            Tim
                            No, I have not determined why you have this error but it is linked to getting data from the ini file. For now, please delete the errorlog.txt file so that you can determine if any other errors are recorded.
                            Jon

Comment

I've provided an update for the database charting setup pages from V1.0.1 to V1.0.2 (as seen in the setup page title). As there are no changes to anything else, I will not be changing the version of the main package.

Whilst I have updated the download zip on my site, you can also get the file here.

Just unzip the attached and place in your scripts directory to replace the existing script.

1) Fixed issue with 'Show All Values' reversed on the Chart Creation setup page.
                              2) Fixed issue with Database label entries when switching between databases on the database setup page.
                              3) Added 'New Chart Copy' button to the Chart Creation setup page.
                              Attached Files
                              Jon

Comment

How do I uninstall this plugin ?

Comment

Working...
                                X