Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jon00 Database Charting Utility for Homeseer 3 & Homeseer 4

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Thank Jon.

    Comment


      Is there a good way to copy an entire DBTable from the SQLite database to a new SQLite database?

      I have been using this plugin for several months collecting energy data (daily kWh, propane used, heating and cooling degree days, etc.) and I find that I have whole days missing. I update the database manually based on an event and have found that the trigger used for the event is not always triggering. I found out the reason, email issue, but now I would like to correct the data. I have an excel spreadsheet of my daily kWh used that I requested form my utility company. It may be easier to combine this spreadsheet with all my other data that I have access to in other spreadsheets

      I have been using DB Browser for SQLite and can see how to export an entire DBTable but have not found that magic import button yet. I have created a new DB and created a new DBtable in the same format as the original SQLite DB that your plugin created.

      Comment


        Does this help? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOqI-KiTBKU
        Jon

        Comment


          Well I feel foolish now. The video was exactly what I needed.

          As I was playing with DB Browser I saw that the import field under the file menu was greyed out. I figured I would have to create a new database. Then I figured out how to create the same table as your original DBTable. I did all that exactly as the video showed.

          After figuring out how to do those first few tasks I forgot that there was a greyed out import entry under the File menu. I tried to cut and paste between the two opened database tables, tried right clicking on the newly created table looking for context menus to paste or import, but completely forgot about the import from csv entry under the file menu.

          Thanks so much for your help and this great plugin.

          Comment


            I just started using the db Charting. I am learning but I am having an issue getting my data to start at 0. I read where you posted the Y Axis auto adjust by nature of this being ASP charting. However, that may have been an older thread. I see so many charts at zero baseline.

            I am only charting one source, kWh and the usage averages from mid 30 kWh per day in the winter to 90 kWh's per day in the summer. If I do a whole year, the bottom is 29 as a graduation line. If I do just the summer months, that starts at about 55 or so.

            I have tried changing the baseline value to 0,1, auto....What am i doing wrong?

            Thanks, Nacman



            Comment


              In the charting style setup, setting the BaseLineY Value to 0 should reference the Y-axis to 0. Is that what you have tried?
              Jon

              Comment


                Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                In the charting style setup, setting the BaseLineY Value to 0 should reference the Y-axis to 0. Is that what you have tried?
                Is this the location your are asking about ( I clipped only a section of the page load) ? I cant find that setting. Is it per chart type and only in certain chart styles from the dropdown?



                Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	151
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	1344044
                Attached Files

                Comment


                  However, I do find that here....and this is how it is set, and a representation of how it charts it

                  Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	154
Size:	117.8 KB
ID:	1344050

                  However, I do find that here....and this is how it is set, and a representation of how it charts it Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture1.JPG
Views:	150
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	1344051 ​​​​​​​

                  Comment


                    OK, you are using the dynamic charting page which is setup to view data from any database. You cannot customize this page to suit individual databases. If you want to change the baseline for this chart, open up Jon00DBChartingCreate.ini and look for the section [Create201] at the bottom of the file. You can then modify the BaselineValue=auto to BaselineValue=0 . If you also use the Y2 Axis, change BaselineValueSec=auto to BaselineValueSec=0

                    Doing so will mean all other charts displayed will also use 0 as the baseline value.

                    The setup described earlier will create individual charts which can be displayed in virtual devices, HSTouch etc customized to your liking.
                    Jon

                    Comment


                      I have been re-arranging my database tables in the jon00dbcharting.db3 file. I was using DBTable1 for collecting data but stopped that process a few weeks ago. This morning I decided to clear out the data in DBTable1.

                      I used DB Browser for SQLite to delete the records in DBTable1 and then saved the changes. I then called up jon00dbcharting.asp to check to see if the database structure was still intact and to make sure that the data was gone. So far, so good. Data was gone but the DBTable name I had used and the selections for the sources in DBTable1 were still showing in the drop down boxes used to populate the chart.

                      I then called up jon00dbsetup.asp to look at the setup for the DBTable1. I changed the name of DBTable1 back to DBTable1 and then went thru all the SourceXX drop down lists and changed the entry back to "Select to use device value or enter string for other methods". I did that for all six of the sources that were setup in DBTable1.

                      I hit the submit button and then called up jon00dbcharting.asp again to see if the selections for DBTable1 were changed. When the page came up the Database drop down list was empty and I could not call up any of the other two DBTables in the file.

                      Click image for larger version

Name:	snip_20191203115558.png
Views:	160
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	1344196
                      I have broken something. Any ideas? (before I started this process I copied all of the jon00 config files and the .db3 file into a safe place, so I am not totally hosed.)

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                        OK, you are using the dynamic charting page which is setup to view data from any database. You cannot customize this page to suit individual databases. If you want to change the baseline for this chart, open up Jon00DBChartingCreate.ini and look for the section [Create201] at the bottom of the file. You can then modify the BaselineValue=auto to BaselineValue=0 . If you also use the Y2 Axis, change BaselineValueSec=auto to BaselineValueSec=0

                        Doing so will mean all other charts displayed will also use 0 as the baseline value.

                        The setup described earlier will create individual charts which can be displayed in virtual devices, HSTouch etc customized to your liking.

                        Jon....That did the trick. Even though I RTFM, I missed where it is touched on. All is well.

                        -RIchard

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by feman View Post
                          I have been re-arranging my database tables in the jon00dbcharting.db3 file. I was using DBTable1 for collecting data but stopped that process a few weeks ago. This morning I decided to clear out the data in DBTable1.

                          I used DB Browser for SQLite to delete the records in DBTable1 and then saved the changes. I then called up jon00dbcharting.asp to check to see if the database structure was still intact and to make sure that the data was gone. So far, so good. Data was gone but the DBTable name I had used and the selections for the sources in DBTable1 were still showing in the drop down boxes used to populate the chart.

                          I then called up jon00dbsetup.asp to look at the setup for the DBTable1. I changed the name of DBTable1 back to DBTable1 and then went thru all the SourceXX drop down lists and changed the entry back to "Select to use device value or enter string for other methods". I did that for all six of the sources that were setup in DBTable1.

                          I hit the submit button and then called up jon00dbcharting.asp again to see if the selections for DBTable1 were changed. When the page came up the Database drop down list was empty and I could not call up any of the other two DBTables in the file.

                          Click image for larger version

Name:	snip_20191203115558.png
Views:	160
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	1344196
                          I have broken something. Any ideas? (before I started this process I copied all of the jon00 config files and the .db3 file into a safe place, so I am not totally hosed.)
                          Not really, however open up Jon00DBCharting.ini and check that you have [DBTable1] and that Data1= has an entry, Do the same for [DBTable2], Data1 etc. All database entries must be sequential (starting at 1) and contain a value for Data1.
                          Jon

                          Comment


                            Does this work for devices where I have enabled "Do not log commands from this device"? I wasn't sure if this is where the plugin gets the data that it stores in the DB.

                            Comment


                              Yes, it reads the values from the devices directly.
                              Jon

                              Comment


                                Great, thanks!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X