No announcement yet.

Jon00 Database Charting Utility for Homeseer 3 & Homeseer 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check HS / Docs folder, all of Jon00's PI use the same folder to store user guides.

Comment

jon00,
      I have been using your charting program since you released it. I installed a few updates early on, but have not installed updates for 4-5 years. Per your advise I would like to get updated to the latest HS3 version before I contemplate upgrading HS(not upgrading to HS4 for a while). I don't find "upgrade instructions" in your documentation and don't want to lose my currently configured graphs so I assume I DO NOT follow your "install instructions". Can you highlight what files I need to replace to upgrade?
      Thank you

Comment

Question about device references:
        In my system, I always use device names in scripts so If I ever have to replace a device(and it gets a new device reference) I don't have to change the scripts. In you charting program you require device references. I your charting program, can I "replace" the device reference with an HS code like: hs.GetDeviceRefByName("Family Room Light") ?

Comment

Originally posted by BobSpen View Post
          jon00,
          I have been using your charting program since you released it. I installed a few updates early on, but have not installed updates for 4-5 years. Per your advise I would like to get updated to the latest HS3 version before I contemplate upgrading HS(not upgrading to HS4 for a while). I don't find "upgrade instructions" in your documentation and don't want to lose my currently configured graphs so I assume I DO NOT follow your "install instructions". Can you highlight what files I need to replace to upgrade?
          Thank you
          Just replace everything except your ini files (.ini) and databases (.db3)

Setup is now via a web interface.
          Jon

Comment

Originally posted by BobSpen View Post
            Question about device references:
            In my system, I always use device names in scripts so If I ever have to replace a device(and it gets a new device reference) I don't have to change the scripts. In you charting program you require device references. I your charting program, can I "replace" the device reference with an HS code like: hs.GetDeviceRefByName("Family Room Light") ?
            No, At the moment it is either device reference or device address. I'll add that to the next version.

Edit: This has now been added to V1.2.1

Use: $dvn:{device name}
            Jon

Comment

jon00,
              I hate to push my luck here, but could you add device naming to Replacement Variables so we could use device names in Data Labels???

Comment

I’ll take a look when next working on the plugin.
                Jon

Comment

Hi All,

I am trying to get this working.

I an installing on HS4, and think I have it installed correctly. Although I did find it hard to understand what the phrase:

'If RUNNING HS4, DO NOT CHANGE THE 3 HOMESEER DLL FILES WITH THOSE SUPPLIED WITH HS4' meant.

I took it as reading don't replace the original HS4 copies of those files if you are running HS4. So I didn't copy any of the .dll files, although the list of .dll files in the instructions actually contains 4 .dll files, not 3. So maybe I am meant to copy one of them, but it isn't clear which one that is.....,

I can connect to the interface, and it all seems to configure OK and I have set up a new database, and added some devices to it.

The instructions then say I can now use the 'Dynamic chart webpage'. In that I can select the database I set up, but when I try to chart it, the following error is generated:
                  'Error processing HTML file C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4\html\images\jon00\dbchart\table\dychart1.html->Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4\html\images\jon00\dbchart\table\dychart1.html''

And indeed it is correct, there isn't a \jon00 subdirectory in C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4\html\images\.

Any suggestions? I feel like I have fallen at the final hurdle......

Thanks,

Dave

Comment

Odd, if the directory does not exist, it is created when the plugin is first started.

Do you see the chart icon in the system tray?

Try restarting the plugin to see if it is created.

Jon

Comment

Can't see any programs in the system tray that look related to related. Can't see Jon00DBChartingHS3.exe running.

Trying to start Jon00DBChartingHS3.exe doesn't seem to do anything.

I have closed HS4 and restarted, and rebooted the PC, to no avail.

Thanks,

Dave

Comment

Did you add the entry to the startup.vb file (page 3 in the docs?)
                        Jon

Comment

Think so.

The last few lines of startup.vb are:
                          ' You may access help by going to your HomeSeer website and clicking the HELP button,
                          ' or by pointing your browser to the /help page of your HomeSeer system.

hs.Launch (hs.GetAppPath & "\bin\Jon00DBChart\Jon00DBChartingHS3.exe","","",0)

End Sub

And it appears to correctly address the path to ".......\Jon00DBChartingHS3.exe"

Dave

Comment

If Jon00DBChartingHS3.exe is not running, then something is wrong. Check that you have all the 4 dll files supplied in the download zip in the Jon00DBChart directory.

With HS running, you can double click on the exe to start it. If running, a tray icon appears and you will see entries in the log that the plugin is starting.

Jon

Comment

So the instructions weren't very clear - am I meant to include the .dll files for HS4? I thought it said I shouldn't replace the HS4 ones.

Comment

No, just use the files that were included in the download zip. The Jon00DBChart folder should have 5 files including 4 dll files and 1 exe file.

I'll remove/clarify that message when I next update.
                                Jon

Comment

Working...
                                X