No announcement yet.

Jon00 Database Charting Utility for Homeseer 3 & Homeseer 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No...they are created dynamically via Javascript and not easily converted to an image file.
    Jon

Comment

Manually remove/edit values in the database.

I am charting some oneWire temp sensors connected to an Arduino board. Today the Arduino disconnected for 10 min and I found "9999999" was logged for the disconnected sensors. As a result the graphs, max and avg values are messed up.

Two questions you hopefully can help me with:

1. Is there a way to configure a window for values that will be logged and values that have to be ignored (example: between -5 and + 50 is ok, do not log <-5 or >50)

2. What would be the easiest way to delete the values from the database (for a non-DBA)

Francois

Comment

1) Please look at the DataXMaxValue and DataXMinValue settings in the documentation (Page 15-16) These will need to be added manually.

2) You can modify the database by downloading DB Browser for SQLite
        Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
          1) Please look at the DataXMaxValue and DataXMinValue settings in the documentation (Page 15-16) These will need to be added manually.

2) You can modify the database by downloading DB Browser for SQLite
          As always, thanks for the lighting fast reply! Keep up the good work, I'll try tomorrow.

Francois

Comment

I'm logging a daily kWh figure every night at 23:55:55. I this way I get all consumption for the day and the value will end up on the correct day.

But the first and last column of the chart won't display correctly. How can I fix this? Maybe I should log and present the data in some other, smarter way?

Code:
            ChartTimeFormat=d
            ChartTimeStart=30
            ChartTimeFinish=0
            Attached Files

Comment

Are you talking about the chart only showing 1/2 a column? If so, that is how it is (I can't change that). If you consider the plot as points on the chart, it would start on the y-axis line and finish on the y2-axis line. If you then changed the points to columns, the point would be in the middle of the column and why you only see 1/2 at either end.
              Jon

Comment

I see what you mean with the point being in the middle of the column. But it's not very good looking, like something is off. I don't see a way to show the values either for the first and last column. Well, nothing to do about it I guess...

Speaking of values. Is it possible to round these in the graph to one decimal for example?

Comment

Yes, you can use the DataXMultiplier setting to round values. See page 14 in the docs.

For example, to round to 1 decimal place for Data1 source, you would add the following entry:

Data1Multiplier=|1
                  Jon

Comment

Issue with column graphs

Jon00,

I have an challange with several usage graphs, i am trying to plot my weekly monthly and yearly usage in column graphs (usage) combined with line graphs (costs)

However when i set this up 2 of the 4 columns will not be displayed at the beginning and end of the graph. Any way to overcome this?

see example of my monthly usages attached;

Bart
                    Attached Files
                    Regards Bart
                    ------------------------------------------
                    Win7 64Bit on Intel NUCI7 with SSD
                    HSPRO 3.
                    Devices; 1370 Events; 691

Jon00 Scripts, JowHue, HSTouch, Plugwise, Z-wave, Ultranetatmo, Ultracam, PHlocation, BLUSBUIRT, MeiHarmony, Buienradar, MEiUnifi Pushover 3P, Random, Nest HSPhone and Blueiris

Visonic Powermax Alarm System (HS3) Interface: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11129

Comment

Bart,

It's a similar question and response at posts 785 and 786. This is built in and nothing I can do about it.
                      Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                        Yes, you can use the DataXMultiplier setting to round values. See page 14 in the docs.

For example, to round to 1 decimal place for Data1 source, you would add the following entry:

Data1Multiplier=|1
                        Ok, so this has to be decided when writing the data to the database then? I thought maybe you could set this per graph.

I have to think about how important it is to keep the decimals for future calculations. A workaround could be to log the data used to create the graph in a separate table.

Comment

Regarding ChartTimeFormat. I see on page 23 that you can use Today, Yesterday, Weekdayx and so on. Are the options limited to this or would it be possible to add for example Week, LastWeek, Month, LastMonth?

Comment

Originally posted by Freddan101 View Post
                            Ok, so this has to be decided when writing the data to the database then? I thought maybe you could set this per graph.

I have to think about how important it is to keep the decimals for future calculations. A workaround could be to log the data used to create the graph in a separate table.
                            The chart is created directly from the database table so as you say, you will have to create a duplicate table but with decimals rounded as appropriate.
                            Jon

Comment

Originally posted by Freddan101 View Post
                              Regarding ChartTimeFormat. I see on page 23 that you can use Today, Yesterday, Weekdayx and so on. Are the options limited to this or would it be possible to add for example Week, LastWeek, Month, LastMonth?
                              For week, you would use:

ChartTimeFormat d
                              ChartTimeStart=7
                              ChartTimefinish=0

For last week you would use:

ChartTimeFormat d
                              ChartTimeStart=14
                              ChartTimefinish=8

For Month you would use:

ChartTimeFormat M
                              ChartTimeStart=1
                              ChartTimefinish=0

For Last Month you would use:

ChartTimeFormat M
                              ChartTimeStart=2
                              ChartTimefinish=1

The charts would need to be created at the appropriate time.
                              Jon

Comment

When I think of Week I would like to show this week only from Monday until today. The same with LastWeek, only Monday though Sunday previous week.

With LastMonth I would only like to see day 1-30 (or 31) for previous month.

Is this possible at all?

Comment

Working...
                                X