No announcement yet.

Jon00 Database Charting Utility for Homeseer 3 & Homeseer 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I expect you will have to wait until the database has the same data for Data1 and Data2 (Y and Y2) for the period of the chart you wish to show.. Alternatively fix the y/y2 baseline and axis y/y2 maximum to the same values.
    Jon

Comment

Thanks Jon,

I've implemented your suggestions and even copied data from data1 to data2 for the past 32 days, but my graph style still doesn't look as I expected. Instead I still get the following:

Click image for larger version

Name:	electric4.png
Views:	422
Size:	116.2 KB
ID:	1320696

Since my database holds 365 days, is this the issue? - that being I only have 32 days were data1 = data2
      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
        Thanks Jon,

I've implemented your suggestions and even copied data from data1 to data2 for the past 32 days, but my graph style still doesn't look as I expected. Instead I still get the following:

Click image for larger version

Name:	electric4.png
Views:	422
Size:	116.2 KB
ID:	1320696

Since my database holds 365 days, is this the issue? - that being I only have 32 days were data1 = data2
        Sorry for the delay. What did you expect? The Y and Y2 axis are repeated correctly?
        Jon

Comment

Thanks Jon for getting back. While the data looks as I expected, for some reason it's not maintaining my charting style as I showed in post #1374 (page 92). I have not changed the style with this most recent change or does it do this by default with the most recent change?
          HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

I think you mean post 1380?

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/3r...87#post1318687

There have been no changes recently. Because you are now also using Y2, you may need to turn off the Y2 grids etc and even make the plot for the second repeat database transparent so that you only see the Y plotted. This will probably need a special chart style created for this graph.

FYI, I do have a new version coming out shortly. This fulfills a number of feature requests and fix for a longstanding bug.
            Jon

Comment

Version 1.1.6 is now available. The majority of the changes relate to a number of feature requests over the last 18 months.

Changes since 1.1.4:

Corrected bug with database update mode for 'fixed timer one month referenced to day'
              Added LegendElementPos to the chart style settings. Allows moving the legend to any position on the chart
              Added TitleElementPos to the chart style settings. Allows moving the title to any position on the chart
              Added GridXStyleMajor to the chart style settings. Allows different line styles for the Major X Grid
              Added GridYStyleMajor to the chart style settings. Allows different line styles for the Major Y Grid
              Added GridY2StyleMajor to the chart style settings. Allows different line styles for the Major Y2 Grid
              Added GridXStyleMinor to the chart style settings. Allows different line styles for the Minor X Grid
              Added GridYStyleMinor to the chart style settings. Allows different line styles for the Minor Y Grid
              Added GridY2StyleMinor to the chart style settings. Allows different line styles for the Minor Y2 Grid
              Added AxisYCustomLabels to the chart style settings. Allows you to add your own labels to the Y Axis
              Added AxisY2CustomLabels to the chart style settings. Allows you to add your own labels to the Y2 Axis
              Added Plugin and ASP version numbers to all setup pages
              Added a checkbox to automatically update a chart when making changes to the Chart Creation Setup page
              Added a checkbox to automatically update a selected chart when making changes to the Chart Style Setup page
              Jon

Comment

HI Jon,
                I've installed Charting Utility per the directions (I'm not experienced in programming so I have a question). When I edited the settings.ini, there were 2 files in the config folder (settings and settings.ini.bak) do I modify both or just he settings with out the .ini.bak extension?

Also, after the edits to HS3, I get to the "Getting started" part, put in the url for web page configuration and the web page comes back blank...

I do see the demo graphs in the device management section on HS3 and I can stop the demos running by exiting from the system tray. But I cannot configure to get it running.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
                Thanks,
                Mark

Comment

Here is my setttings file (with personal info removed):

[Settings]
                  ScriptingReferences=System.Drawing;System.Drawing.dll
                  gLastShutdownOK=True
                  gFirstTimeRun=False
                  gConfigFilename=HomeSeerData.hsd
                  gLocLabel=Room
                  gLocLabel2=Floor
                  bUseLocation2=True
                  bLocationFirst=False
                  gLongitude=xx
                  gLatitude=xx
                  SADProc=True
                  gWebSvrPort=xx
                  RateUpdated=True
                  io_interfaces=Z-Wave:,NetCAM:,weatherXML:,OMNI:
                  LastDevRef=708
                  gLastRunVersion=3.0.0.548
                  gLocationSelection=US
                  gServerAddressBind=1.1.1.1
                  gPhoneEnabled=False
                  gSMTPServer=xx
                  gSMTPPortNumber=xx
                  gSMTPUserName=xx
                  gSMTPPassword=xx
                  gSMTPUseSSL=True
                  gSMTPTo=me.com
                  gSMTPDefSubj=My Homeseer
                  PagedvRefs=396
                  gSMTPDomain=me.com
                  COMPort_Omnistat 3:=COM1
                  [Display]
                  gSelectedGroupWeb=All Groups
                  [Cameras]
                  hres=640

Thanks, Mark

Comment

Originally posted by desertmark8 View Post
                    HI Jon,
                    I've installed Charting Utility per the directions (I'm not experienced in programming so I have a question). When I edited the settings.ini, there were 2 files in the config folder (settings and settings.ini.bak) do I modify both or just he settings with out the .ini.bak extension?

No, you only need to modify settings.ini (with Homeseer shut down). The .bak version is created automatically by HS3. The ScriptingReferences entry you have added looks fine.

Also, after the edits to HS3, I get to the "Getting started" part, put in the url for web page configuration and the web page comes back blank...

Please check that you have Jon00DBSetupASP.vben in your scripts folder and Jon00DBSetup.asp, Jon00DBSetup1.asp & Jon00DBSetup2.asp in your html folder.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by blank i.e do you see the HS3 header bar? Are there any errors in the HS Log?

I do see the demo graphs in the device management section on HS3 and I can stop the demos running by exiting from the system tray. But I cannot configure to get it running.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
                    Thanks,
                    Mark
                    Please see above in bold. We need the setup pages running correctly.
                    Jon

Comment

Jon,
                      Thanks, I reloaded the settings.ini with Notepad instead of Notepad +++, restarted HS3, loaded the .Jon00DBsetup.asp url and the Charting Setup Page loaded.
                      Thanks,
                      Mark

Comment

Hi Jon,

Is there a change log for this plugin? Also, what is the easiest way to figure out the version I'm currently using?

Thanks!
                        HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
                        Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

Originally posted by mrceolla View Post
                          Hi Jon,

Is there a change log for this plugin? Also, what is the easiest way to figure out the version I'm currently using?

Thanks!
                          The change log is always in the documentation that comes with the package. The current version is displayed in the HS Log when the plugin starts. If you get the latest version, it is also displayed on the setup pages.
                          Jon

Comment

Thank you. I missed it earlier. I scrolled right passed it multiple times apparently.
                            HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
                            Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

Jon:

I was about to update my version of this plugin but now I am bit confused. In the Readme.txt file that is in the downloaded .zip file, downloaded today, the first entry says: Current version is V1.0.16

In the Jon00 Database Graphing Utility HS3.pdf document from the same downloaded zip file, it shows the latest rev at V1.1.6 – 9th August 2019.

I have just restarted HS3 and from my log I see I am running this version: Jon00_DBChart Version 1.1.4.1

I have been collecting energy data on my house for almost a year now I don't want to loose any of that data in my SQL database when I upgrade. I always make a complete HS3 directory backup before making any changes to my system.

As long as I don't touch my current .ini files and replace all the other files as called out in the installation section of your pdf, will that work?

Comment

That is a typo. The correct version is V1.1.6.

Keep a backup but yes, provided the ini files and database files are left intact, you should be fine.
                                Jon

Comment

Working...
                                X