No announcement yet.

Jon00 Database Charting Utility for Homeseer 3 & Homeseer 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First, thanks for the donation. Appreciated!

Looks like you have missed part of the installation instructions. Please look at the bottom of Page 3 in the docs (the section surrounded in a red border) and make the changes to settings.ini. Make sure Homeseer is shutdown when you make these changes.
    Jon

Comment

Excuse me if I somehow missed this in searches but I am struggle to determine if there is a good way to use this utility ot track daily runtime. I have items like pumps that I would like to record the amount of time they are set to ON during each day. That way I can get a bar chart showing they were on 2 hours on Monday no time on Tuesday 3 hours the next day that sort of thing. All of the devices are standard on off devices in HS4.

Is it a display thing? Do I just track the status of the device every minute or so and then display it differently?

Is there some example on how to do this I missed or is this not an intended use?

I already use it a lot to track other items, this would just be one more use of it.

Thanks

Comment

You would just set the database update mode to use 'on device value change'.

With this setting, the database only records the metrics when the devices (pumps) change between on and off. Depending on your HS device setup, this could be a value of 100 for on and 0 for off.
        Jon

Comment

sharrisct25 - You may want to look at jon00 's Cumulative Uptime Monitor utility. Once setup, you would create an event that runs every night just after midnight to store the previous day's runtime and reset the counters.
          "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Hello:

I loaded your database charting utility successfully. I endeavoured to open Jon00dbsetup.html via my HomeSeer sebserver however, the Charting Setup page didn't appear. The following errors were listed in my log. I confirmed that I transferred all of your files correctly to my system. Suggestions as to what I did incorrectly?

Thank you.

9/03/2022 13:15:06

HomeSeer
            Error
            Compiling script (1)Jon00DBSetupASP.vben: Type 'FontFamily' is not defined.

HomeSeer
            Error
            Compiling script (1)Jon00DBSetupASP.vben: Type 'InstalledFontCollection' is not defined.

HomeSeer
            Error
            Compiling script (1)Jon00DBSetupASP.vben: Namespace or type specified in the Imports 'System.Drawing.Text' doesn't contain any public member or cannot be found. Make sure the namespace or the type is defined and contains at least one public member. Make sure the imported element name doesn't use any aliases.

Comment

Looks like you have not added the scriptingreferences entry in settings.ini

Look at the installation instructions again. I think the section is highlighted with a red border.
              Jon

Comment

Thank you for your prompt response. I'm certain I added and saved the scriptingreferences entry in settings.ini. As per your instructions, I shut down HomeSeer before I added this entry. When I opened HomeSeer again and checked settings.ini, the scriptingreferences entry was no longer there. I added and saved the scriptingreferences entry again. Same result. The line was removed? Advice?

Comment

I confirmed that when I open HomeSeer after adding and saving the scriptingreferences entry to settings.ini, the entry has been removed. I added the entry with HomeSeer shut down, and with HomeSeer running.

Comment

It needs to be added with HomeSeer shut down. Check in task manager it is not running.

I would save the setting and then reopen the file to see that it had been saved.
                    Jon

Comment

do you have write permissions in the directory?

Comment

Would it hurt to install this, then copy my ini files from HS3, changing the dev refs of course.
                        Would be alot of work to redo all my charts again.

Thanks,
                        Tim
                        FB Page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Capt-Tim/209398425902188

HSTouch Layouts - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5902188&type=3

Comment

Originally posted by fungun View Post
                          Would it hurt to install this, then copy my ini files from HS3, changing the dev refs of course.
                          Would be alot of work to redo all my charts again.

Thanks,
                          Tim
                          Yes, that will work.
                          Jon

Comment

Hey jon00 quick question. Apologies in advance if this has already been asked, but can you add a static value to a dBase/chart? Basically, I have a dBase and chart that tracks a sensor in my freezer, but I want to put a second value that is static at a specific degree so that would indicate anything below it would mean it's operating normally etc. Is that possible and if so, how?

Comment

Suggest you create a virtual device, set its value and use that.
                              Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                                Suggest you create a virtual device, set its value and use that.
                                Okay. Thanks for the suggestion. Too bad that so many solutions in HS seem to be to create a virtual device (not trying to single you out). The number of devices balloons so quickly and becomes really cumbersome to navigate and manage. I guess it is what is it. As always thanks for your help!

Comment

Working...
                                X