No announcement yet.

Jon00 Database Charting Utility for Homeseer 3 & Homeseer 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was it!! I didn't have any other filters on, so I didn't even think about checking that. I appreciate it!!

Comment

Great. Just remember when you start making your own charts, they will be under the room filter "Jon00 DBChart"
      Jon

Comment

Originally posted by SteveMSJ View Post
        It's easy displaying the charts in HSTouch once you know how. Don't use the virtual devices just point the URL of an image directly at the graphics files that are generated. So for instance set the ImageURLNormal to:
        http://127.0.0.1:7997/images/jon00/dbchart/chart001.png
        Steve
        Hi Steve, I've just tried to get my charts to display in hstouch but no luck. They show up just fine in Designer but when I deploy (windows clients) they don't appear. I suspect it's to do with the url format I'm using but could you just explain again. I'm using
        \\HTPC\HomeSeer HS3\html\images\jon00\dbchart\chart006.png

if it has to be http then how does the ip/port get to the correct directory ?

Thanks
        Neil

Comment

OK I sorted it out.....my fault. I forgot that it's the hstouch server that gets the image so I now have it just as you but in my case I'm using the default port 80.
          http://127.0.0.1/images/jon00/dbchart/chart001.png

Sorry to trouble you

Neil

Comment

I've been messing with a LOT of graphing stuff for a long time. I think, if this is as easy to use as your device graph "plugin", this might get me to finally run HS3 "longer" term. I turn it on / off here and there, just to test / check stuff. Mostly been using HS3 on my HSZEE only. Too much HS2 stuff and not enough time to port everything over to HS3.

I'm thinking using your HS2-HS3 connector with this, JUST for graphing + adding a connection in my reverse proxy would let me link these graphs in.

What I think I need to make graphing "stuff" work:
            • good history of data (database - I've tried text files, etc)
            • good presentation of the data (I've tried a lot of things posted on here, nothing works well for me...I've been experimenting with Google Chart, HighCharts, and flot)
            • easy way to change the data flow (generally if I code it myself, it is easy for me to work with...if I plot power use...but then want to plot that against furnace run time...most things I've seen are HARD to change to that new format for data that is in the HISTORY...going forward, no issue, but how to analyse the data that has been recorded)

FLOT seems the coolest, since the chart takes in data (which was a PAIN to get HS2 to GIVE that data to the chart...the whole server vs client rendering Java Script / VB fun). I did get that working...and what it neat, the charts are interactive. I can zoom in / out, remove / add data all in real time. Works on my phone, etc. The main thing I am struggling with now is the database of data. However, if this is like an Apple product (90% solution for 80% of the people), this might just be what I am looking for to get something running.

Thanks for putting this together Jon. I'll test it out. I always appreciate all of your efforts and hard work!

--Dan

P.S. I still need to get something together to read my Brueltechs...all the solutions I've seen puts data into "their" database...I want to read it out and put that data into "my" database (or this plugin's database!). Never enough time for the fun stuff!
            Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Originally posted by drozwood90 View Post
              P.S. I still need to get something together to read my Brueltechs...all the solutions I've seen puts data into "their" database...I want to read it out and put that data into "my" database (or this plugin's database!). Never enough time for the fun stuff!
              Excellent though it is, I don't think Jon00's plugin is going to give the degree of configurability that you want.

For reading Brultech devices, I used to use tenHsEcm12 to get the feeds into Homeseer and then use mcsTemperature to graph them. Neither of these have moved to HS3.

I have moved to Open Energy Monitor EmonCMS http://emoncms.org/ for storing data and displaying it. It can store data locally and display it in many ways on a web page. Once setup it's very easy to display your data as you want it, and you can move around and zoom in on graphs very easily.

Setting it up in the first place isn't quite so easy; if you want to store the data yourself you have to run WAMP, a webserver. Unfortunately the documentation has a few holes in it, so I had to search the web a bit to fix the error messages! Once installed it has been completely reliable.

I use the BTMON script from here http://lancet.mit.edu/mwall/projects/power/ to read data from the ECM1240s into EmonCMS. You can read data from EmonCMS into Homeseer with a Json call.

Here are a couple of my views, designed for utility not beauty.
              Attached Files

Comment

This looks amazing -- one dumb question perhaps: is it Linux compatible?

Comment

Not at the moment.
                  Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                    Not at the moment.
                    Bummer!

Comment

It's all gone very quiet here recently so I assume everything is now working smoothly?

I would still like to see screen shots of your charts if you are willing to share?
                      Jon

Comment

Hi Jon,

I am using your graphs now for more then a month and like them for temperature graphs a lot. They way you can store readings from devices is great!

What I don't like is the readability of the graphs. Based on the browser and screen native resolution the pictures are sometimes good to see and sometimes bad. This has to do with the rescaling of the picture. On my macbook-pro with Safari it looks much better then on my PC with chrome. When I scale the pictures back to 300x200 then there is no rescaling but still some type of graphs are not to good to read.

What I would love to have as a feature upgrade is the possibility to create a graph in the past. So with start and finish time in the past. By this I could create graphs on the fly by selecting dates (month/years).

Many thanks for your hard work!
                        Regards,
                        Bart
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Bart,

There is not much I can do with the scaling as it is browser dependant. You can use my Webpage builder to display the chart images directly (at full size) via a Homeseer web page.

I am thinking about adding a webpage to select dates/database but have other projects on the go at the moment.
                          Jon

Comment

Hi Jon

Thanks for this great utility which I am starting to use. I want to ask if Pie charts are supported - the docs refer to them in Appendix D but is not listed in the Chartstyles.

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post

I am thinking about adding a webpage to select dates/database but have other projects on the go at the moment.
                              Hi Jon,

I think this would be huge. I really like the option to display charts by date ranges on the fly. The (beta) Device History plugin by Shill makes excellent use of this, which makes it a very attractive option for charting (albeit a single parameter at a time).
                              Mike

Comment

Originally posted by naellis View Post
                                Hi Jon

Thanks for this great utility which I am starting to use. I want to ask if Pie charts are supported - the docs refer to them in Appendix D but is not listed in the Chartstyles.

Neil
                                You would need to add your own Chartstyle entry for this. In the Jon00DBChartingStyle.ini file, copy the entire block of text starting with [ChartStyle15] and paste this to the bottom of the file. Then rename the newly pasted code from [ChartStyle15] to [ChartStyle16]. Finally change the PlotType from 33,33,33,33,33,33,33,33,33,33,33 to 14,14,14,14,14,14,14,14,14,14

Now that that is done, you can use Chartstyle=16 in your Jon00DBChartingCreate.ini for Pie charts

I have no idea how the data is used in a pie-chart against time so you would need to experiment with the number of data sources and time duration.
                                Jon

Comment

Working...
                                X