Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mwaite View Post
    Hi Jon,

I think this would be huge. I really like the option to display charts by date ranges on the fly. The (beta) Device History plugin by Shill makes excellent use of this, which makes it a very attractive option for charting (albeit a single parameter at a time).
    My nemesis is making everything too configurable. It is fairly easy if you only provide one style of chart as most parameters can be fixed. Multiple style charts are much harder to manage. Forcing the use of line charts may be an option.
    Jon

Comment

Hi Jon00,

I've been following the development of this plugin, and plan to install when I find time. I'm wondering if you thought of adding gauges to the plugin too? The possibility of combining a chart with an analog gauge of current measurement appeals to me. Or just putting gauges in HSTouch or other UIs would bee neat.

I would like to have a dashboard for every room with temp, humidity, light, sound, co2, energy usage, particles, WAF.....

That last one is the key.

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
      Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
      Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

That's what happens when you make an awesomely configurable plugin !

If the functionality as is remains, and a date-configurable line chart only function was added, I think that would be really helpful. Looking at the past charts shown, most are line charts anyway (including most of mine).
        Mike

Comment

Originally posted by jlrichar View Post
          Hi Jon00,

I've been following the development of this plugin, and plan to install when I find time. I'm wondering if you thought of adding gauges to the plugin too? The possibility of combining a chart with an analog gauge of current measurement appeals to me. Or just putting gauges in HSTouch or other UIs would bee neat.

I would like to have a dashboard for every room with temp, humidity, light, sound, co2, energy usage, particles, WAF.....

That last one is the key.
          Unfortunately, gauges are not supported in the charting API built into .NET (which this uses).
          Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
            Unfortunately, gauges are not supported in the charting API built into .NET (which this uses).
            Oh well. Are there any open gauge api's? Is google's open?

Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue

Comment

Yes I believe Google's API is available.
              Jon

Comment

Do you have any interest in using the google api to add gauges to your plugin?

Comment

Sorry no. The method's are completely different and with respect to Google, often drop support or change their API's.
                  Jon

Comment

Yes they do. I'm still bitter about a few thing that I thought of as Internet utilities that they just dropped. Hopefully I'll get time to set this up soon. Thanks for making this plugin.

Comment

Originally posted by bartg View Post

What I would love to have as a feature upgrade is the possibility to create a graph in the past. So with start and finish time in the past. By this I could create graphs on the fly by selecting dates (month/years).

Many thanks for your hard work!
                      Regards,
                      Bart
                      I've been working over the weekend to add this feature. Things are going very well and should be ready to test with someone (volunteers?) later today. It will require an upgrade of the plugin (just change the exe) and a couple of new files to Homeseer.
                      Attached Files
                      Jon

Comment

Hi Jon,

I am available to test.
                        Mike

Comment

I've sent you an email. Let me know how it goes!
                          Jon

Comment

V1.0.8 Released

Version 1.0.8 is now available to download from my site.

Changes since 1.0.7:

Added a dynamic charting web page with selectable dates/times/fields/styles etc.
                            Added a method to add max, min and average values to the chart using the data label fields.
                            Corrected issue with the ChartTimeFinish setting not accepting direct date and times.
                            Added a method to stop the plugin plotting too many data points on a chart.

Feedback is appreciated!
                            Attached Files
                            Jon

Comment

Hi Jon,

I've downloaded your new version:
                              I replaced the .exe and copied the new files from the download into the
                              right folders. The .configs I didn't change.
                              After starting the .exe I get the same little Jon00DBCharting devices graphs as before.
                              How to get the big graphs shown in this thread ?

Regards, Fischi

Comment

You need to call a new web page via HS3 i.e.

http://<your hs ip>:<your hs port>/jon00dbcharting.asp

or

http://<your hs ip>:<your hs port>/jon00dbcharting.aspx
                                Jon

Comment

Working...
                                X