No announcement yet.

Jon00 Database Charting Utility for Homeseer 3 & Homeseer 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unfortunately no. The charts are derived directly from the database so cannot be intercepted. You would need to store the difference values in the database.
    Jon

Comment

Hi Peter,

I had the same challenge and created a virtual devices for water, gas etc (for each hour/day/week/month you want to graph). That virtual device holds the counter reading from yesterday in the devicevalue. At 00:00 hours you update the devicestring with the delta between the current value and yesterdays value and store the current value in the devicevalue. Then use manual update the database table and read the value from the devicestring.

It takes some light scripting to do but is not difficult

Regards,
      Bart

Comment

I use this charting plug-in to chart my current gas and electricity usage as read by RFXCOM. There is also a virtual device that holds the daily usage.
        I have added this device as chart source, but I only receive 0 as value.
        It seems this device is reset, just before the chart reads its value at 0.00h.
        Could you add another timer for 23.59.59?
        Or is there another way to read this daily usage value?

Comment

You can manually update a database using a Homeseer event (see page 6 in the docs which explains manual triggering). Set the event to time trigger at 23:59:59 or slightly sooner.
          Jon

Comment

Does this work also applies to HSTouch etc? Would love to have something like this on my phones/tablets etc.
            Certified installer for HomeSeer, Control4, KNX and Eaton/xComfort

Comment

It constantly creates updated charts as .png files so yes it works fine in HSTouch.
              Jon

Comment

Sounds good. Will it also run under linux? like the Zee2 that will support 5 linux based plugins? Also where i do i find and download this? Can't seem to find it under plugins.

Comment

Not at the moment. All my downloads on on my Homeseer site (click on my banner below)
                  Jon

Comment

Charts not updated in Device Manager

Hi,

I'm using your charting utility but it's seems that if I plot the chart manually with Jon00DBCharting.asp it plots that charts just fine but in my device manager I never see the charts updating like in demo chart. Any idea why?

Regards,
                    hadyos

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                      Not at the moment. All my downloads on on my Homeseer site (click on my banner below)
                      Ah thats bad. I would love to use Pushover on a Zee2.

Comment

Originally posted by hadyos View Post
                        Hi,

I'm using your charting utility but it's seems that if I plot the chart manually with Jon00DBCharting.asp it plots that charts just fine but in my device manager I never see the charts updating like in demo chart. Any idea why?

Regards,
                        hadyos
                        When you generate a chart through the web page, it does so on the fly and nothing more. If you want to generate charts for the device management page and HSTouch etc, you have to set this up. Jon00DBChartingCreate.ini defines each chart you want to create and the settings CreateVD=1 and AutoUpdate=1 will both create a virtual device and auto update the chart. This update is dependent on the timer period you select.
                        Jon

Comment

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I did setup Jon00DBCharting.ini according to the user guide and it draw the initial chart but I get no update on it. I also build an event to update the chart automatically every 5 minutes.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Comment

OK, you will need to provide me with the 3 charting ini files so that I can take a look.....
                            Jon

Comment

Jon00DBCharting.ini.txt

Jon00DBChartingCreate.ini.txt

Jon00DBChartingStyle.ini.txt

I hope I did it right.

Thanks

Comment

On first glance they look fine.

Go to the following directory:

Homeseer HS3\html\images\jon00\dbchart

Can you confirm that chart001.png is not being created or updated?
                                Jon

Comment

Working...
                                X